Unlike John West- you pick the ones we reject- LFC Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You see for me I'm not one of those who think we're at the edge of a cliff and about to drop off , doomed to fail if you like nor am I wallowing in anything. Nothing that extreme at all but I do think that this team/squad is not perfect and could definitely be improved on with one or two astute signings. There's the old maxim that if you are standing still you're going backwards.
    We're certainly good enough to compete for top four , perhaps good enough to win the title this year if we get some luck and few injuries. Could we improve our chances a fair bit with a couple signings by say replacing Origi or Minamino or Neco etc ?

I think so and that's all I've been saying . I think on the day we can match up well vs any of our top rivals . My main concern is when we get into the cycle of games every three days .

An injury to one of the front four as we have with Bobby now means we're down to Mane, Jota,Salah, still very strong obviously. But what if Mane is off his game or Jota picks up a knock ? Then we're looking at Origi or Taki and I think the drop off is significant. Same if Trent is out for any period of time. The drop off to Neco or even Millie is big there too.
    However, now the window is closed I think the club has taken a calculated risk so all that's left is to see how things go.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  2. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are very focused on what can go wrong for us, without assessing what can go wrong for Chelsea or City. A rash of injuries in a single position for them also results in a drop of quality. What happens to Chelsea's midfield if they get injuries to Kante and Jorginho? Are you really afraid of Chelsea with Werner leading the attack if Lukaku goes down? City's striking options are Fernan Torres and Jesus. They only have 1 left back. They are relying on a 36 year old Fernadinho to play significant minutes. Utd are managed by Ole and start Fred every game. It can just as easily go wrong for any of them as it can for us.

Sure another signing or 2 would have been nice, but I also am mindful that being smart financially and resigning our core is more likely to bring success over the long term, so overall I'm relatively satisfied with our business.

I also don't buy the narrative that we are standing still. We've already seen the emergence of Tsmikas and Elliott this season, added to Thiago, Jota, and Jones and we are different to what we were 2 years ago. We are discussing improvements to players who are like 23rd on the depth chart. That's a pretty great place to be.

We had the worst possible season last season and we still finished 3rd and reach the CL QFs. Things are LFC are really good right now. Its okay accept things as they are and feel good about it.

3. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #103 speker, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    The emergence of Elliott , definitely improves to squad both for now and the future.. Kostas has been with the squad for a year so he's a good example of how strengthening where and when needed has paid off.

I think replacing players who are 23/24 on the depth chart with much better players would be the way to go . Just as we did with Tsimikas last season add a rb to cover Trent or another young attacker as cover now but who within two seasons will replace one of our front 3.

And I tend to believe that this would have happened had we been able to sell the likes of Origi , Phillips , Williams.

4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are reportedly one of several clubs chasing the signature of Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman, who wants to move to the Premier League having played in all four of the other traditional 'top-five' European leagues.

Le10Sport claim Klopp is keen on the 25-year-old Frenchman, though it is said that negotiations over a new deal between Bayern and Coman have stalled, so Liverpool's name could easily have been thrown in to speed those up. If not, though, Coman is a top player and would provide a good option as a long-term successor to Sadio Mané or Mohamed Salah.

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    According to Transfer Market Web, Liverpool are very serious about signing Barcelona superstar in the making, Pedri, and will make a move for him sooner rather than later.

They say that Liverpool could be ready to offer €100m (£85m) for the Spanish midfielder. However, Barcelona are determined to keep hold of their prized possession and are hoping to tie him down to a new contract despite their financial situation.

6. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jurgen Klopp has reportedly requested that the club sign Nice striker Amine Gouiri as he looks to bolster his attacking options. The 21-year-old currently has four goals and one assist this season after finding the back of the net 16 times in the 2020-21 campaign, while also setting up eight.

Liverpool are leading the chase for Red Bull Salzburg forward Karim Adeyemi. The Germany striker has scored six goals in six games for the Austrian side this season.

Borussia Dortmund will demand at least €100m (£85m) for the services of teenage midfielder Jude Bellingham, with Liverpool among the teams who are keen on him.

Liverpool will look to sign the 'new Suarez' as they chase 18-year-old Matías Arezo. Arezo, currently playing for River Plate Montevideo, has scored 33 goals in 78 senior appearances.

Liverpool are understood have held talks with agent Mino Raiola regarding a potential deal for Erling Haaland within the last several weeks.

7. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool have reached an agreement for the signing of Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma for £30million in the January window.

Liverpool fan Ivan Toney could be an ideal Jürgen Klopp player.

The Reds are even willing to shell out €40 million to secure the services of Marco Asensio this winter.

Borussia Dortmund superstar Erling Haaland is reportedly ‘open’ to a sensational move to Liverpool.

8. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tips, your posts fill me with gloom and cheer me in equal measure. Then I remember they’re just rumours.

9. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suppose Raiola has a 'deal' with certain reporters to link Haarland's name with every club on the planet every week?

10. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Given the numbers he’s asking there are only one or two clubs who could/would afford him

CB-West repped this.
  11. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And LFC is not one of them...

12. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Given that in any other deal a business or government demanding payments outside of normal channels is called bribery but it's allowed in football tells you all you need to know.
    Word is Raiola and daddy Haaland each want 20m as well. UEFA needs to get the agents under control.

SamScouse repped this.
  13. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    First team squad members with contracts expiring this summer:

Divock Origi
    James Milner
    Adrian
    Loris Karius

Understand that Origi will be leaving and wish him the best wherever he goes.
    Milner has been a great servant but we've got enough experience in the squad to deal with his loss and we most definitely should be replacing him from a playing perspective.
    Adrian's departure will allow us to pick up a homegrown 3rd keeper.
    Will we miss Loris?

14. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Despite a summer move to Villareal, Arnaut Danjuma remains on Liverpool's radar.

Liverpool had the chance to put two targets to the test in their matchup with Porto. With three assists in 175 league minutes this season to boot, 21-year-old Fabio Vieira is seen as another long-term cog in the Reds' midfield. Wide attacker Luis Diaz is also seen around Anfield as a long-term successor to Sadio Mane.

15. soccershaggy

soccershaggy Member+

May 18, 2003
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    I would definitely give Milner another 1 year deal if he wants to stay.

B.A., CB-West, delaynomo and 1 other person repped this.
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    1,000%. he's worth his weight in gold.

I'd give him more money in a 1yr deal with club option for 2nd year. I think he'd take it.

17. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe he's been playing for LFC for 7 years.

18. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Time to move on.
    I love him, but in addition to his 36 yr old self we've got 2 of our CM's over 30 and oft-injured, oft-injured or not good enough 20-somethings in Keita and Ox, a stud 27 yr old in Fabinho, and a couple kids (one of whom is a teenager coming off a serious injury).
    We need an upgrade in this area of the field and we need somebody else to bridge the gap to the kids. Especially as his 'experience' isn't needed around the squad anymore given our entire squad has experienced winning and maintaining a high standard.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #119 SamScouse, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    what "area of the field"?

for me that's kinda the point with Millie - he can play literally anywhere and do a good (or very good) job each time. while he can still perform at that level, he allows more time for the yoots to grow into their game, while he sets professionalism standards nobody else in the game gets close to.

(the last point is certainly an intangible, but team work ethic is vitally important in a Klopp squad)

like the vast majority - I believe - of LFC fans I hope when he hangs up his boots he immediately goes into coaching for us.

soccershaggy repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are reportedly showing ‘great interest’ in signing Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin next summer.

yes, please!

never walk alone TPK and speker repped this.
  21. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's adding end product to his game and seems ready to take off to stardom.
    He has similar pace/quickness and stature to Mane, and would be the same age at the time of a summer transfer as Mane was.

speker repped this.
  22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So I don't think Allan St Maxim is going to be moving anytime soon...

Do you think we could get Newcastle to pay us 40m for Oxlade Chamberlain?

CB-West repped this.
  23. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I read somewhere that Arsenal is interested in him...I think we should offer him to Arsenal for 40m +1...:sneaky:

Wingtips1 and SamScouse repped this.
  24. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool ‘are keeping tabs on Leeds United trio Kalvin Phillips, Raphinha and Illan Meslier’.

Chelsea and Liverpool reportedly have an ‘advantage’ over Real Madrid in the race to sign France international Aurelien Tchouameni, with Monaco said to be asking for £50m for the 21 year-old midfielder.

Fabinho says he “expected” Brazil teammate Raphinha to join him at Liverpool in the summer.

Liverpool are reportedly ready to sign Franck Kessie for free next summer and are prepared to offer him €30million (£25.4m) to convince him to choose Anfield.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has asked for talks with manager Jurgen Klopp amid interest from Newcastle and former club Arsenal.
    Please, god, tell Newcastle to throw 40m at us.

Liverpool are leading the race to sign Jeremy Doku. The Rennes winger is facing an uncertain future at the club and could leave at the end of the season.

A host of Premier League clubs, including Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United, are keeping a close watch on Club Brugge forward Charles De Ketelaere and are contemplating a move after receiving glowing scout reports.

Liverpool are set for disappointment as their hopes of signing Denis Zakaria for free in the summer have been dashed by the players desire to play for Barcelona.

Liverpool will use Sadio Mane to land 21-year-old Bamba Dieng this summer. The attacker has impressed in his first season with Olympic Marseille, bagging three goals and an assist in his opening 10 games in Ligue 1.

Liverpool are set to offer Paulo Dybala a bumper pre-contract agreement in January.

Liverpool will look to bring both Ousmane Dembele and Boubacar Kamara to Anfield next summer on free transfers. The Barcelona forward and the Marseille midfielder would add important to depth to Liverpool's roster in two important areas.

There really are a lot of very good players available for free this summer. A lot of players at big clubs that aren't happy but with no teams willing to buy them AND pay them their hefty salaries means players will try to get themselves paid by signing without the need for transfer fees. I think we're going to see much more of this in the next couple summers as clubs readjust post-covid and players start seeing the benefit in not being tied into 5 year contracts.
    (And this is mainly directed toward the top players. Guys in League One would KILL to have a five year contract with a club in order to have some measure of financial protection.)

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: