Univision Deportes Network to launch on Saturday April 7

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by huhe888, Mar 17, 2012.

1. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No HD yet for UDN on dish network... :rolleyes:

2. ryancholden

ryancholden Member

May 4, 2009
    Iowa
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Gringo here. Can somebody tell me if Apetura 2012/Clausara 2013 matches can be seen on Galavision or regular old Univision (not Univision Deportes)??? I'm getting sick and tired of chasing the Mexican Premier League around. First it was Telemundo, then I switched to Direct TV for Univision/Galavision...I'm NOT switching to DISH.

3. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Univision will have matches on Sundays.

Univision Deportes Network (UDN) will have "1st pick" of matches on Fridays and Saturdays.

DISH has the option to select 10 "overflow" matches for Univision Deportes Dos (UD2), which is exclusive to DISH through December 31, 2012. Those 10 selections must be made during the 2012 Torneo Apertura.

Galavision will have the "overflow" matches on Saturdays that DISH does not select for Univision Deportes Dos.

TeleFutura will be used mostly during the liguilla (playoff) phase.

4. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We have it in HD :D

5. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    U.S. TV rights to Liga MX for Apertura 2012:

Univision Networks (Univision, Univision Deportes Network, Univision Deportes Dos, Galavision, TeleFutura):

Home matches to 9 clubs via Televisa: Club América, Atlante, Atlas, Monterrey, Pumas, Querétaro, San Luis, Tigres, Toluca

Home matches to 3 clubs sublicensed from Azteca: León, Pachuca, Santos Laguna

Univision will have most matches on Sundays

Univision Deportes Network will have "first pick" on Fridays and Saturdays

DISH has the option to select 10 "overflow" matches for exclusive presentation on Univision Deportes Dos. All 10 selections must be made during the regular season of Apertura 2012.

Most overflow matches not selected by DISH for Univision Deportes Dos will air on Galavision.

TeleFutura will be used during the Liguilla for big matches when Univision is not available due to conflicts with more lucrative news and/or entertainment programming (i.e. telenovelas, talent shows, and beauty pageants)

--

Telemundo:

Home matches to Chivas Guadalajara (through Clausura 2013)

--

Azteca América:

Home matches to Cruz Azul, Jaguares, Monarcas, Puebla, Tijuana (Xolos)

An average of one match each week will be sublicensed non-exclusively to ESPN Deportes and FOX Deportes.

6. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Univision Deportes is now on verizon fios on Channel 1524.

Fiosfan repped this.
  7. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Unfortunately, I am getting the "Not Authorized" message when I go to Univision Deportes.. it appears that you need to have the Spanish-language package to get this station. I currently have the Extreme package with the Sports Pack....and get ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, and GOLTV, but not Univision Deportes. I would have thought that Univision would have had more clout to get this channel on a more accessible tier.

8. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks . Wonder if they're going to add Galavision in HD. They have itin SD.

9. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I was flipping through the channels today and because of the FIFA friendly date went to the spanish channels (Fox Deportes, GolTV, ESPN Deportes, ) to see what was on and noticed that Univision Deportes had just been added to Fios without notifying customers via the Messages menu on the onscreen guide!!! Then I came on this thread and saw that you guys gave the "heads up" on Univision Deportes on Fios about 2 weeks ago!!:ROFLMAO:
    Anyway it's nice being able to see the Uruguay vs France friendly today!!:D

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I saw that in this thread back then and have forgotten to even check the channel out. I'm going to blame lack of message from Verizon for my laziness.

11. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

I have also been disappointed in this channel. If you like Mexican football - I guess it is ok. Are they showing any European Leagues this year? I know not La Liga.

12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    France.

13. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Also annoying that Verizon didn't put it in the Sports pack. I don't get the channel I guess because I don't have the Spanish Package. Oh well.

14. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Hey huhe, can you clear up the confusion caused by the Univision TV schedule? Here it is: http://futbol.univision.com/horarios-por-tv

For the 2nd day in a row, they claim that they will air 2 games simultaneously on the same channel. That's ludicrous. What's the deal?

EDIT: I see that the America game is on at 10, not 8 like they say. Plus their Galavision schedule says they're showing the Galaxy game tonight, while one schedule says they will show the Houston game, while another channel-specific schedule says they won't :rolleyes:

They shouldn't even bother publicizing a "schedule" if they can't ever get it right. F'ing morons.

15. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Univision Deportes is now available on Verizon FIOS in the Extreme and Ultimate packages instead of just the Spanish package.

16. JJ Mindset

JJ Mindset Member

Dec 7, 2000
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/09/10/In-Depth/Univision.aspx

I suggest to everyone to read this excellent article.

17. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    For those of us with Dish Network....

...Univision Deportes (Chn. 869) is now being provided in High Definition.

ceezmad and LMGOAL repped this.
  18. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Along with a $4 increase in your monthly bill. :mad:

19. coracaodoporto

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
  20. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I only know of the English feed (Chn. 392) being available in HD.

21. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't mind. With this HD channel along with BEIN HD and BEIN Alternate (SD) I think it is worth it.
    I like this set up better than any other service provider.

Redbullsnation2012 and MetroChile repped this.
  22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    True. One "but" that I'd have, though, is no ESPN Deportes or FS+ in HD but to be fair the latter is going to die a slow, painful death, anyway.

23. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes would be nice in HD. Let's see if that ever happens.

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    'Deportes is available in HD on TWC, I believe. Not sure about Fox but maybe that is also the case.

25. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup.
    Let's see if Dish adds them.
    TWC is not available in my area.