United's Home '04-05 Jersey

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TCompton, Nov 11, 2003.

1. khsoccergeek

khsoccergeek New Member

Jan 10, 2002
    West Virginia
    So does anyone know when this jersey is going to be released for purchase? I gotta get my Freddy kit.

2. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jumpin Jeezus! Roy G Biv looks hard for a white guy (trying to take a dump on an all prune diet)

3. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    I've heard that more often than you would think...

4. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Here's a question for you....

This year I think United (and distributors) had trouble with supply of the current home jerseys, leading to the team playing in their away jerseys for several matches in a row.

Will the addition of Adu to United's line-up prompt Adidas to produce more '04-05 Jerseys than they had done in the past?

fixed post

5. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I believe they wore the whites at home because of the heat, but I have heard that they did run low on jersey supply.

The problem with that mesh over the climalite is that the seams are weak and it tears too easily.

6. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whites were worn at home for a couple of day games as an 'alernate' kit....white jersey, black shorts.

The team did run low on the 03 jerseys because addidas was no longer manufacturing them. They had already moved on to make new 03/04 jerseys for the current Fall/Winter season abroad.

Hopefully the team will just order three or four truckloads of the new ones in anticipation of tears and auctions, and wear and tear.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The 03/04 home DC United and Germany jerseys look very good together... :)