United's Home '04-05 Jersey

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TCompton, Nov 11, 2003.

1. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Yet another reason to hate them. That jersey is worse than any from the 1996 season.

2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nobody knows the trouble I've seen.
    Nobody knows but Jesus

Damn. That's two Spaceballs references in two days.

Sachin

3. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    $16.50 is the current bid. Not a bad price, but wrong size for me. Is it the real deal replica, or a cheap knockoff of a real deal replica?
    And how the heck did that guy get one already?!?!

4. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Well, when you think about it, they did get run over by a train. ;)

5. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Well... it looks better than I thought at first... the mesh at least isn't that cheap sh!t that is on our current home shirt.

6. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm guessing the former.

See above.

7. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Does anyone get that whatever Team B is wearing makes little to no difference on how Team A's jersey grades. KC's never had a rainbow on any jersey. They haven't had anything even close to one in what will be 5 seasons now. dc is supposed to be the "black and red". It's a fair question, where's the red? The red armpits were unusual, but at least it was some red... It's a complicated concept so maybe someone should explain it slowly to McOwen over some milk and cookies...with pictures maybe.

Yes, I wore the Royals' jersey most of the summer. My home jersey was lost/stolen so I had to sub in with what I had in the closet. I again now have a home KCW jersey. The mark on my face was an instant tatoo of the Wizards logo given by the Wizards' Girls in the parking lot via suggestion of a client's young son. I admit it just looks like a black spot on YCJ's image. Get over it.

To the poster who brought up KC's Charlie Brown "W" black jerseys, here's a story for you: Those were introed at a catered meeting of the few die-hards pre-season. Doug Newman, the KCW GM at the time, came from a career with Adidas. He alone, according to him, was the creator of the concept. With speeches and excitement, Doug unveiled the new uni. Few in the Chiefs' meeting room liked the jersey when he unveiled it, visibly not even Lamar Hunt. Seriously, there were muffled but still audible groans. I got to ask the first question. Me: "Why did you choose to use the universal symbol of loserdom common to Charlie Brown as the central theme of the jersey?" Neuman, stunned: "Well, I thought it was a good looking jersey." I really didn't mean to be so unkindly blunt about it, it just came out that way.

No wonder KC sucked that year. Big shock the uni didn't sell well. If the W stripe wasn't a good clue, then maybe the fact that the Oakland Raiders wear black and they are the most hated rival of everyone in town might have been another.

Anyway, both GM and jersey were not long for the city.
    -oot

8. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

Are you sure about that, PissHarder? Y'all look pretty rainbowfied to me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The irony is, KC's never been a team in which anyone takes "pride".

9. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    We have arrived!

:rolleyes: :)

10. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Don't you understand that, if you post your complaints about another team's jersey on another team's forum, you are, by the natural logic of the Internet, wordlessly saying that your team's jersey is better?

11. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Personally, I wish we had used the Adidas Mania jerseys. Those things are badass and have the appropriate colors.

12. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    They should return to the three big white stripes across the chest - and stick with it for home games.

Let it be their signature.

13. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Since nobody's posted it directly:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like them generally, but the little bowtie thing is somewhat bizarre.

14. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Soon, our jersey may look like this:

[​IMG]

15. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Yup. And DC 's transformation into the off-the-wall sidekick from every 80's teen movie will be complete. Ray Hudson at the prom - Hilarious!

Music by Oingo Boingo.

16. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    over on the wizards boards it was said by someone in the wizards office said these were prototypes and the real deal will be very similar to these shirts.

17. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Wrong, just giving an opinion about a singular jersey on an open forum. If my screenname and profile were different you wouldn't have a clue where my loyalties lie. Even that is wholly beside the point that it's possible to be objective outside of any gameday bias.

Neither point changes the facts that a rainbow has a certain order of 7 present colors, it's unfortunate that rainbows make you uncomfortable, I liked the new picture (or can't you read), and that a team claiming to be the "black and red" might entertain having some red in the home jersey.

Cheers

18. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Now we know your real name: Roy G. Biv.

I'm not at all uncomfortable with rainbows. I've been chasing them all my life.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

19. joshdcu

joshdcu New Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Comedy! :D

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We call that the Psychadelic Charlie Brown.

Gough was referring to the PCB's predecessor, our "Lifesaver Sleeves" jersey. Which both you and Columbus also had versions of. The main difference being our multi-colored version. That's the one I tend to wear to MLS Cups. What made it unbearable was the matching shorts. The other problem is that on the long sleeve version (which I'm still hunting for) the stripes unfortunately go all the way down.

21. joshdcu

joshdcu New Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I forgot all about that one, which was akin to our "Cat in the Hat" jersey (blue with red and white striped sleeves). Yep, good times...

22. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Of the hit recording trio?

[​IMG]

23. entropy

entropy Member

Aug 31, 2000
    People's Republic of Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Lowecifer esta en fuego.

Sweet Jesus on a stick...

24. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    Um, wow!

25. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Now, that's a little funny. Kudos to the Kermit singalong too.