United vs Revolution PRE Match Press (Goff, Haydon, etc.)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by ursula, Oct 11, 2003.

1. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
  2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Unless something is wrong with Prideaux that we don't know about that backline is simply idiotic. Take Ivanov out. Put put Prideaux in. Ugh ...

3. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Prideaux - over Ivanov easily.

james

4. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Isn't he on the warning list for points? Maybe that has something to do with it.

5. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    I doubt that. The Demanator is also on the warning list. I think Goff made a mistake here. Maybe his first ever. :eek:

6. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i like how Ray said he won't eat New Zealand lamb again...all DC fans should boycott NZ products, or anything remotely associated to NZ...therefore, i will never watch Lord of the Rings again!

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    United on Scent of Playoffs - John Haydon, Washington Times

8. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    After much, er, thought, I've figured out why Prideaux wasn't included in Goff's lineup:

Brandon is in actuality a citizen of Finland. In fact he's the captain of their national team. So they've called him up for their vital match against Canada this weekend- the two countries are vying for control of the "Polar Bear Cup" so emotions are riding high. In addition the Finns are trying to see if Prideaux can play a new position- attacking midfield. So they are insistent.

Makes sense?

9. stevengoff

stevengoff New Member

Feb 13, 2000
    Washington DC
    There's no exact science in picking the starting lineup. Will Ivanov start? Maybe. Will Prideaux start? Maybe. Perhaps BOTH will start...

Only Hudson and his staff know for sure.

The lineup in the paper is largely based on hunches. Sometimes it's deadly accurate, sometimes it's off by two or three players. It's just a general guide. Please don't take it too seriously.

10. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    No problem, Steve, and thanks for posting. I'm just having some fun speculating.

11. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Thanks for your article Steven, it's great having you back from WWC duty.

12. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    we only need 1 point baby!!!!!

:)

13. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    While all this is completely understood, why on Earth would one (not saying you Steven) waiver on Prideaux not starting especially when Nelsen is out of town?

Besides, asking any fan of BigSoccer not to take any of this seriously is heresy and grounds for summary execution. :p

14. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    That's just cannon fodder for our enemies...

And I'll never cheer for Ryan again!

Oh, wait...:)

15. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    Ok, this maybe a dumb question, but couldn't Ryan have refused to go to this match?

If I read correctly Ryan didn't want to go. I realize that since he is there captain he has a certain obligation.

Haven't other players done the same thing for similar type games?

16. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I think he could have refused to leave, but then NZ could have insisted that he not play for us, either. That's the way it was explained in another thread (which I'm too lazy to find for you :) ).

17. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    :)