United States vs Guyana; 06/18; 9:30pm ET

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    The best part is you actually have depth at that point. Arriola becomes the backup at both wings instead of Morris/Lewis/whomever. Bradley is a backup instead of Trapp. Holmes/Pomykal are backups for each other.

One thing that could come out of this tournament is McKennie continues to perform as a 10. Then having two of Holmes/Pomykal/Adams behind him makes the USA very very hard to play through. Then you hope one of Aaronsen, Djorde, Mendez, or Ledezma can develop enough to backup McKennie.

It all makes so much sense; it makes GB look bad in that he had a completely different vision.

NietzscheIsDead, dlokteff and yurch10 repped this.
  2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My fuzzy memory distorted the facts a bit but...
    https://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=soccer

gunnerfan7 and TOAzer repped this.
  3. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I’m not sure having a defender accidentally deflect a shot off your face counts as a first touch goal. Zardes knee nothing about it that goal should not be attributed to Zardes.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Don't be petty. Own-goals are attributed even if it was pure bad luck (as it happened to Gonzo, bless his heart), so why can't goals be attributed if it's pure good luck?

Guinho repped this.
  5. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    Your problem is that that, like most of BS, you think that everybody is a shill or a troll of some sort.

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    This is nothing. Once DeepFake videos & LyreBird recordings improve more, we're all going to suspect everybody else is a terrorist, even our own children. It's going to be fun.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It should certainly count as a goal... but it did nothing to change my opinion about him as a player... he is not good enough to be a Forward for the USMNT. I found his play pretty lackluster last night. Boyd on the other hand... made quite a nice statement. He has a lot of potential... hoping that he can follow it up.

8. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not everybody. Just a few. And in a couple of remarkable instances, such as with you, it is both a shill and a troll.

Sam Hamwich repped this.
  9. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Green and Zelalem had more upside too at one point. I hope Dest succeeds but he showed some defensive weaknesses at the U20 World Cup that make him far from a sure thing at this point. He doesn't need a national team cap now; he needs a professional appearance with a first team.

10. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Green and Zelalem had clear holes in their game. Dest looks to be more complete at this age.

11. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With hindsight, the holes look clear. But before the players were exposed, few posters expressed anything but praise for their present and future, in the same way you are demanding Dest start for the national team. I'm actually high on Dest as well, and I wouldn't mind bleeding him in friendlies, but I think he should get some first team time somewhere before playing in our regional championship.

12. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zelamen's issue was always there, he was always weak even when playing with his age group. Green's was hidden a bit more because he was quick. As soon as he lost a step we saw his limit.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Dest may have some defensive liabilities that will be fully exposed in matches against grown men. We will see.

14. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Wow.

Maybe I’m overreacting on how we will perform in the Gold cup. These games are virtually unwatchable.

I’m hoping Canada will at least entertain against Mexico.

Sam Hamwich repped this.
  15. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    #865 Sam Hamwich, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    That's a yes then. For the record my biggest problem besides great looks and penchant for making $$, is I can smell a stool pigeon a mile away.

Since your posting game is weak, I'm guessing you're a Fox guy trying hard to hide your bias. Hot girls on the show, by the way.

16. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Zimm has definitely improved, but no need to paint the bradely rah rah stick all over him just like Trapp. There is a certain kind of player on the national team that seems to blind a certain kind of fan. It is almost a blindingly white devotion to them, a dogmatic, aggressive, unyielding devotion. It's obvious and distasteful.

17. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Copa America for me. A gold cup is what you'd have to pay me to watch more than 5min of it.

18. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    #868 OfficeSpace, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    No, you're just unable to respond intelligently.

19. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    And I can sniff out weaklings like you right away. It almost always involves accusations of trolling and shilling right out of the gate.

My posts are so weak that your initial reaction wasn't to, you know, refute anything I said with logic and/or reason. No, it was to immediately accuse me of shilling and trolling.

I can't imagine how anybody thinks that's a good look.

20. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    The Copa America has been pretty weak so far, too.

gunnerfan7 repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Wasn't a bad game. Canada with some real bone-head moment in the attacking box or it could have been a one goal game.

22. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [1] So you enjoy smelling manflesh, Orc? Or do you imagine yourself A Lion, just like Mikey?
    [2] Those who have pointed out that you have offered nothing but a cesspool's worth of shilling and trolling have done so after you have demonstrated the qualifying traits through hundreds of posts. If hundreds of posts are what you consider to be "right out the gate", then I wouldn't want to walk a mile in your shoes.
    [3] Your writing is so very weak. So very weak that you offer almost no argument, ever, throughout the bubbling mud of your posts. Nevertheless posters took whatever traces of a coherent claim you set out [such as "None of you understand Nepotism like I do!"] and did respond with much evidence and reason...... only to be met with you responding with variations on such as "You and your Mother", or "I don't care what the dictionary said. That's not Office Space's Nepotism!" and other like examples of what passes for logic and reason with you.
    [4] Again, never immediately. You always worked so hard and so well to rightfully earn those sobriquets.
    [5] You don't have to imagine. There is no finding a good look for Office Space.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The more I watch Copa America the less I want to watch the Gold Cup. :(

TOAzer repped this.
  24. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, the Copa has been OK. Certainly higher quality, but at least the Gold Cup has a lot of goals!

25. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    No, again, you're just lazy or incompetent.

If you had as much smarts as you have snark, you would have been able to make a point to refute me already.