PBP: United States vs Chile; 3/26/19; 8pm ET

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Dave Sarachan had less time with the team, but managed a 1 goal draw against France in Europe. This team managed to hold exactly 3% more possession.

It also used veterans who while pleasing to the Bud Light of Soccer (MLS) really didn't improve on the tenacious and ambitious full court press he employed.

Lastly, GGG had CP, Dave was excommunicado at the time.

Adams and McK didn't unleash their force on Ecuador.

I'm not saying Dave was fantastic, but realistically, he pushed the program forward just so GGG could move it back again.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And look all the good that did for him. You wouldn't want to get sent to coach the Railhawks, now, would you?

Egg's a smart man. He's doing what he needs to do not to end up sleeping with the fishes.

3. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    With some tweaks here or there, I could have learned to love a high press 433. Since we have no strikers and no creative passers, it makes sense to use youth and tenacity to playmake for us. We absolutely have that option as a team. We have the horses and the youth. We just needed someone with the backing to stick to the program.

Instead I'm seeing this same old Bob Arena tribute bad.

4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the 433...

We have never had world-class strikers... I mean EVER. We have had serviceable ones... but no one truly special. Really hoping Sargent and/or Weah can fill that role in the future.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    even if they somehow manages Clint's career, I'd be really thankful. Another 10 years of peak performance. Find a mid-table club in a top 5 league and score 5-10 goals over that decade.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  7. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I'm extremely high on the Ginger. At some point during his youth matches he was the best defender, midfielder, creative passer, hold-up player and finisher.

However, he was typically put in positions where he was setting up inferior finisher. Creating for inferior passers, etc. Eventually his talent gets wasted by the players around him.

Weah can be our Aubameyang. He's got that style of striker in him. Too bad no one can coach him in the US.