United States presidential election, 2008 [NSR]

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by minus, Sep 5, 2008.

1. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kids need it, some parents dont take the time.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I GET TO VOTE THIS TIME

VOTE FOR OBAMA OR UR A RACIST!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE FOR MACAIN OR UR A SEXIST WHO DOESNT LIKE OLD PEOPLE

yea I go to catholic school so sex ed is mad f'd up... its like dont do it our u go to hell, and to leave room for the holy spirt and shit... its fing retarded. Like we cant talk about it in class or u get kicked out(tho i did as the teacher what she thinks of giving head and anal haha). THere like sex isnt fun its just to make babies(think they just do it wrong)

3. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Hahahah

btw, I thought you were jewish?

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    grandfather was jewish but like there arent many in carmen de boliva so that kind of died haha, Im catholic I guess its more that my rents didnt want me in public school

5. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    how do you feel about Jesus?

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he is my homeboy and supplies me with super hot girls in short skirts that want me cause I play soccer and am the only like south american hispanic in my school so yea I love him

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    do you have family of your own?

have you notice that many things that you know are moraly correct (YOU may have failed in your past years?) but, at the same time you try to teach that your sibblings?

same case
    normal american family member, hoping for the best at home and beliving strongly about it. Not necessarily the path your kids will take................:(

8. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

She seems like a hypocrite, she goes on television and lies about earmarking and lobbying while she herself spent tons on a lobbyist for her town in Alaska. She talks about being a Christian and she goes on stage and launches a bunch of personal attacks instead of discussing policy issues that will affect tens of millions of people. Perhaps the reason her daughter got knocked up at 17 (which meant she has prob. been sleeping around much earlier than that) was because she never taught her sex ed. Hey, guess what I was taught sex ed under the Clinton administration and I never impregnated anyone, along with most of my friends, but now after eight years of Bush, tons of my younger cousins' friends are pregnant. If you don't want your kids learning how to protect themselves from STIs or getting pregnant, then send them to catholic school. If your stupid enough to believe a teenager (or someone in their early 20s) won't have sex, then you should prob. never have sex (this would be for evolutionary purposes, so the human race could continue on with those intelligent enough to understand the process of hormones and nature of our sexuality)

9. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    My understanding is Jesus taught us to love our fellow man, not sit there and foam at the mouth when someone mentions the word liberal. Yea, I can see Jesus sitting down at the RNC booing and yelling obscenities against Democrats. What silly beliefs some of these "conservatives" have, they cherry pick the passages in the bible that they want to use for their politics, but look over all the stuff about turning the other cheek, spreading one's wealth to the poor, and loving your fellow man.

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's actually a terrific point, Paisita.

Jesus of Nazareth from a historic and political science perspective was a liberal. One of the original "community organizers" if you will - specifically championing issues of women's rights and treatment of the sick. If you put aside the prophetic components of the bible, the gospels tell the story of a revolutionary leader rebelling against oppression in a conservative society.

It's quite interesting that this parallel used to translate cleanly into American politics: the Christian Democrats dominated Southern politics for most of the 20th century based on the principle of government serving and helping the common man - particularly after the Great Depression.

11. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Great post Ryu, I would rep you if the big soccer machine allowed me to.

12. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To bad NO ONE acts like Jesus, that includes conservatives and liberals :rolleyes:

13. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Technically, to say otherwise would be blasphemy, no? We're human, he's the son of man.

14. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say what you feel.

Son of man?

15. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    oh oh I smell christian libertarianism...

17. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, just never heard anyone refer to Jesus as the son of man. Thanks for that one. I did look up why he called himself the son of man. Understood. I don't know if I will refer to him as the son of man though, but definitely good to know.

18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No worries. I believe in gun control! I studied the bible pretty hard core in senior humanities (as a work of literature), so I'm pretty decent at scripture, though I almost never go to church these days.

BTW - What is going on up north, SCLM? Just read that Harper is dissolving Parliament because he thinks he can get a majority?

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha love it.... but just cause shes knocked up at 17 doesnt make her a tramp some people are just retarded and dont use condoms

Also my parents never said anything to me about it, and my catholic school never talked about it either... it should be common sense but if ur 14+ and dont know about sex yet your a ********ing seltered retard

starting to talk about it at 14 when kids start high school is too late alot of kids are starting very very early. I volunteer at a elementary school and alot of 6th graders are already having sex( I dont even remember liking girls in 6th grade... it was more like wtf is wrong with ur chest haha)

20. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    I fear he will... unfortunately the federal liberal party has faltered immensely. I'm not a fan of populist government but I think the liberals need a more charismatic leader that can rally some support, especially young adults, and I don't see Dion ever doing this.
    At least the conservative party here isn't too 'conservative' per say, though it will be a different story if they gain a majority.
    It will be interesting to see the campaigning though, with the economy slowing down, and watching how people react to these. I don't think the conservatives can use the liberals as scapegoats this time around... and though Canada seems to have a more plural democracy, the other parties are much too weak (I guess the Bloc in Quebec still has its stronghold), and there's a chance that the NDP can gather some support if they are able to bring forth some heavy Nostalgia on Anglo-Canadians of the good old Social democracy.

I thought your comment on Jesus as a revolutionary was pretty interesting considering how hard the Vatican has battled to remove that image. Maybe with the cold War somewhat forgotten, these thoughts will be more acceptable. Though, ideological wars are still all over and the Vatican probably desires to maintain a pro-capitalist stance...
    Do you like country music at all? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onbmx7K4cwc) that's more my sentiment, Jesus was a country boy (like me:cool:)

21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The most worrying thing about these brand of evangelical republicans is that they want to ban reproductive education and birth control, that's why Palin's daugther got pregnant, because there is no way she can get a rubber without being tatletaled to her mom and lectured about castity and purity and all that crap... Or probably she does not even know that condoms exist.

As I see it these republicans want to deregulate healthcare, finance, employment, guns even more and put more control on sexual behavior, sex orientation, religious beliefs, supported life, etc.

I still do not understand how almost 60 million morons (not mormons) voted for Bush last time.

22. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dapip almost 100% of the time your points are well made and taken in. IMO you are intelligent and an educated man but because 60 million people vote a different way than you I don't know if it makes us all morons. I think it would be obvious that some people have different priorities that you and the left might have.

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Well let me rephrase my post:

I knew that there were plenty of morons in America but not that many :p!!!

Seriously to vote for a candidate that basically was a C-Student, draft-dodger, binge-drinking, fail-manager, corrupt-politician, corporate-thief and porker, poor-speaker, based on a few promises (that mostly went unfulfilled) and fearmongering denotes that the american public really lacks education and has little access to information. I can understand the super-rich voting for somebody like him to promote policies that benefit them, but he was clearly the worst choice in the two elections that he (arguably) won.

24. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well said.....

25. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005