United states Performance in World Cup 2002

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Platinum21, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Platinum21

Platinum21 New Member

Sep 10, 2003
    DC
    I felt so proud when the united states made it to the quarterfinals because i know the rivalry between Mexico and the U.S.. I felt so proud. And when they lost against Germany, i felt a sense of pride because i know the United States should have won that game.

2. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Its gonna rain

3. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Those damn cheating germans.

PS: It's your first post thread. Welcome to BigSoccer!

4. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
  5. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now tell us how you felt 5 minutes into the Poland match.

8)

6. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about

Horrified - minute 3

Indignant, aggrieved, cheated - minute 4

Deflated - minute 5

And that was watching the game after I knew the result.

7. Platinum21

Platinum21 New Member

Sep 10, 2003
    DC
    but hey we can thank South Korea for taking us into the Semifinals. Where do you get the avatars?

8. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put it this way: we can respect South Korea for refusing to take the Italians up on their "offer" to sandbag for a tie.
    Only premium members have the option of using avatars. To become a premium member, you have to pay $30/year.

9. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're thinking of Portugal, which Korea beat in the third group match. Korea beat Italy in the round of 16.

10. Platinum21

Platinum21 New Member

Sep 10, 2003
    DC
    who do you think was MVP(s) of the United States Squad? I think it was Donavon, Reyna, and Friedel

11. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    My MVP's are all the stateside US fans who braved the late night/early morning gametimes to cheer them on. :D

12. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Sick... angry... betrayed... whatever.

It really pissed me off that we couldn't tie them, and that we appeared so naive in the first half -- as if Poland were going to melt from the heat of our first two matches.

And we made too much of those -- Portugal fought back within a goal of getting a point; Korea did exactly that. You could see the breakdown coming.

I don't care about the poor showing of Portugal, France, Italy -- failing to score, losing games to unfavored teams -- I care about my team always suffering a breakdown along the way, just missing the consistancy that would bring us to the next level.

That's how I felt.

85 minutes later I was looking for a Korean to take to dinner. And it was 6 in the morning.

13. Platinum21

Platinum21 New Member

Sep 10, 2003
    DC
    naw im saying the Players

14. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Bullshiite.

When we played South Korea we had them. We had the lead, and our game was fine. Then we stopped attacking and just tried to hold that lead. We could not do it.

We changed our game completely. That was a stupid move by Arena.

We win that game instead of a draw we were in. Korea should have kissed our arse for allowing them to stay in the tournament.

15. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Brownsman. I went to the Korean Air office on 5th Ave. You can get airline tickets and plan a trip to South Korea. I walked in and asked them if they watched the World Cup that morning. I went into Manhattan to celebrate.

One of the women told me yes they saw it in the office, happy to see that Korea won. I told them that their team helped the USA go into the World Cup 2nd Round as well. They were happy for me. So I kissed her. I said to her "That's for the South Korean squad for beating Portugal." I left and did my deed.

16. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Sanneh was our bet player in Korea, but they rarely give it to a back. If Sanneh would have scored against Germany after his beautiful run up field he might have been our MVP. No opponent beat him in the tournament.

Friedal I guess was the MVP.

17. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    I would have given her an appreciation fu_k. I always liked oriental women, and they seem to like me as well.

Richie

18. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Ballack was his mark.

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

friedel and JOB

20. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Did Friedel secure his place as MVP with his 6 goals against for the tournament, shaky to horrible play against Poland, Mexico and Germany or simply when he let Ballack's header get past him.

21. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    What do yo mean

What do yo mean ? Is gona rain ! Another legend on your your own mind?? This is america, let the man express his feelings !!

22. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Well simple... anybody could see this, A novice mistake by Bruce with some help from the referee, do not tell me that Poland is better than Portugal and we whoop Portugal like cheap bi*#ch

23. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

and your choice is?....

24. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    The guy who hurt Agoos was my MVP.

25. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Donovan or JOB.

LD's versatility is what allowed Arena to change lineups and play to the other team in every game. Had he been 24 and not 20 in that tournament, he probably scores at least 4 goals, and we beat Germany.

JOB was just pure cool in every game, a rock in the middle. And sang the National Anthem better than anyone.