Alert: United Sign Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic from Partizan Belgrade

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by 433tom, Nov 28, 2008.

1. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
  2. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    Re: United Sign Zoran Tosic

hmm.. The user Serbov is right afterall that we had a done deal for Tosic. However if I remember correctly from hearsay, Adem Ljalic is more highly touted. Interesting times.

3. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis

Bambi better frolic whenever he plays and get us some damn goals

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  5. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon

the only thing i can say is he got a great left foot, i like him, something different and new... hope for the best, welcome to united !

6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary

Maybe he can become a Beckham-esque left midfielder and not winger per se.

7. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.

Here is a pic of our next super star!!!!

[​IMG]

8. Accipe Hoc

Accipe Hoc New Member

Dec 3, 2008

Not a looker, obviously.

9. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

if anyone likes to add accents etc like me his name is

Zoran Tošić pronounced tosh-itch

seems to have talent. just hope it isnt wasted here

10. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia

Tosic. Very interesting player. I remember watching the Serbian U21's in the European Championships in Holland in 2007. That's when he really got onto the scene. Nobody had heard of him before, except the coaching staff obviously. He didn't start the first game versus Italy, who had Chiellini, Montolivo, Aquiliani, and a number of others, but came on as a substitute for the injured Milos Krasic if I remember correctly. Either way he came on as a substitute, and immediately added energy to the game.

In that tournament Serbia was playing a really interesting formation, a 4-1-3-1-1. There was a flat four in the back, with one defensive midfielder, three central midfielders, one winger, and one forward. This was the team that had:

Milos Krasic who went to CSKA Moscow,
    Branislav Ivanovic who has gone to Chelsea,
    Dusko Tosic who has gone to Werder Bremen,
    Bosko Jankovic who went to Palermo but is on loan at Genoa,
    Milan Smijlanic who went to Espanyol,
    Aleksandar Kolarov who went to S.S. Lazio,
    Antonio Rukavina who went to Borussia Dortmund,
    Dejan Milovanovic who went to Lens,
    Dusan Basta who went to Udinese,
    Gojko Kacar who went to Hertha Berlin,
    Slobodan Rajkovic who went to Chelsea but is on loan at Twente,
    Stefan Babovic who went to Nantes,
    Nemanja Rnic who went to Anderlecht,
    and Nikola Drincic who went to Amkar Prem.

We beat Italy 1-0, and in the next game vs the Czech Republic, Tosic was once again lively as a motha. His dribbling, and especially his speed was brilliant. He was already being scouted by Europe's elite clubs, and most of them were impressed. Ultimately Serbia finished second to Holland in that tournament, but played very poorly in the final, and the frustration ended in two red cards. But, overall, the tournament was a success. Nobody expect to get out from the "group of death," which consisted of England, Serbia, Italy, and Czech Republic.

After the tournament Tosic signed for Partizan Belgrade from Banat Zrenanjin. He has been a continuous star, and undoubtedly Partizan's best player the last two seasons with excpetion of maybe Milan Smijlanic who went to Espanyol, and Antonio Rukavina who went to Borussia Dortmund.

There is no doubt he is miniature in starture, but with the right training the kid could become a long term replacement for Giggs, or if Ferguson sees him more as an attacking midfielder then no comparsion could be made. I know Manchester United already have Ronaldo and Nani and the two Portuguese wingers are obviously very, very good. However, I am really curious to see how Ferguson uses him. He also has a monster left foot for free kicks. Speed + dribbling ability + left foot reminds me of Giggs. But it's way too early to get carried away. Hopefully with Vidic there he will settle, and he will get on with the business. His rise has been somewhat meteroic, and I think given the right development he could thrive.

As for Adam Ljajic... another great player. Most of you have already probably heard this, but to repeat it, the Serbian U19's demolished the English U19's in this year's qualification tournament held in Northern Ireland. The English team had Henri Lansbury from Arsenal (one of the most promising English central midfielders and captain of the U19's), as well as Victor Moses, Nathan Delfouneso, and Gavin Hoyte.

He is very large for his age (17!) and he has a deceptive quickness about him that you wouldn't excpect from him. I believe he would be a perfect fit in the EPL, given the right training methods. He is very physical, but can beat someone off the dribble. If the rumors are true that Ljajic has been signed in Tosic's contract, then you have pulled off one of the biggest youth transfers in Europe.

Personally, I still rate Danijel Aleksic as the best Serbian youth player, our true No. 10. He has pulled the strings in the Serbian midfield for the last 2 years, and the kid is a prodigy. He is already starting for the first team in Serbia's third largest club, Vojvodina, and is starting to score. Watch for Aleksic's name as well. He is also only 16, and has led the country at U17 and U19 level. His technique is the most frigtening aspect to his game. He was also named in the top 10 for the future in U17 Euro this past year:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/news/kind=1/newsid=697438.html

Here's a link to his best goal versus Scotland U17's at the U17 Euro last year:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=danijel%20aleksic&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#

Here is the FA's link to the game where Serbia beat England:

http://www.thefa.com/England/U19s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/U19_serbia_report.htm

11. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Thanks for the write up man, informative.

12. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon

thank you ... good serbian perspective... Serbia seems the next country producing the best players around which is good for the national team. ALex ferguson said in an interview a few days back that he wont be signing any players ... so what is going to happen to Zoran and Adem ... they gonna january or next summer ?

13. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana

No, no i think that it was irony...directed against Manchester City.
    Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out Manchester United making any signings in the January transfer window other than the Partizan Belgrade winger Zoran Tosic.
    United obtained a work permit for Tosic on Friday and the 21-year-old Serbian international is expected to arrive in the next week to meet his new team-mates for the first time. Ferguson, however, believes the other transfer business in Manchester will be on the blue half of the city.
    "There definitely won't be anyone [else] coming here, but I'm pretty sure City will do some business," said Ferguson. "You don't talk about having all this money and then not use it. They'll have plenty of ideas. The fact that they tried to buy four or five players in an hour on deadline day [in September] gives you an indication of what they want to do."
    From Guardian.

14. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006

Color me confused. :confused:
    I imagine the Home Office won't be amused.

15. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon

hopefully when tosic comes in he ll get some playing time !!!!

16. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana

Ljajic scored the only goal for Partizan today. But the best news is that they tied Rad.:D Your interest could not have come in a better moment.

17. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana

The goal he scored:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3a02Dq0zJc&feature=related[/ame]

18. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana

In the Man United locker room
    [​IMG]

19. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

that's Ljajic i assume?

20. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon

i like him man !!!!!!! we r gettin some talent!

21. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana

Yes.

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

That equaliser is ridiculous.