United players on int'l duty - 9/7 - 9/13 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    LMAO Nani superior to Quaresma?!

oh God..

Do you watch Quaresma play..did u watch him in the CL?

2 goals and 5 assists in 8 games.

motm vs arsenal and chelsea, hamburg,and cska moscow

thats not in the portuguese league either, where hes had most assists by far the past 2 seasons and so far in 3 games as 2 goals and 2 assists.

Scoring goal of the season in europe for 2 years in a row.

nani is nowhere near close to quaresma..how can someone say that?!!!?

when in the same league Nani couldnt even remain consistant in the "mickey mouse" league.

Seriously, better then quaresma? thats a good laugh:D

Seems like the last time you saw Quaresma play was at barcelona, where even though his attituyde got in the way u fail to mention some of the superb performances he did for them, like scoring the winner in the cup etc.

I cant believe ppl who dont even follow portuguese football can claim nani is better then quaresma, seriously

Nani wasnt even the best prospect at sporting, Veloso and Moutinho are.

2. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn't Bayern make a move for Quaresma, to which his response was, "It is too cold in Germany, I will never play there" or somesuch. Sounds like Landon Donovan, but less eloquent.

The dude thinks he is the best and has a shit attitude. That is his biggest set back and regardless of how much his on-field play progresses, he does not possess the mental aspect to be a top dog. He's flashy, as the Portuguese fans like, but he is a right bitch. That will hold him back for a while.

And who cares what went on in the U-20's. We're talking about now. If you take 2 or 3 performances and base Quaresma's importance to Portugal over Ronaldo, I'd say you've lost the plot.

There is zero doubt in the world-
    Ronaldo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quaresma

3. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

He had massive clubs after him.

He turned down Bayern Munich, literly spoke out in the press about the offer and said he didnt like the weather in germany:D

He turned down Madrid

He said money wasnt everything, and even at the end of the summer chelsea was chasing him.

Quaresma is finally settled at a club wheres he grown alot in defensive and team play aspects, and wanted to stay another season..nothing wrong..Figo moved abroad when he was older as well, zidane etc..just ebcause he hasnt played for a big club now doesnt mean hes shit.

How about bebratov at tottenham? is he crap cause he plays there? he hasnt moved..whty hasnt anoyne gone for him?

Just an example

Remember porto sold pepe and anderson for 55 million combined, they didnt need to sell Quaresma.

If anything is holding other bigt teams back..its the prenotion of his "attitude" that has stuck like shackles on him after his barca bustup with Rikjaard

We just need to see who Lippi next manages, as thats who hell play for next:D

4. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Obviously now Ronaldo is better.

But I'm making a case of Quaresma reaching a higher level because when both were younger quaresma was the better player.

Re,member ronaldo had sir alex, while quaresma had rijkaard...both were managed in enterily opposite ways at the time, and ronaldo moved ahead.

Quaresma is rebounding and fionally getting back his fitness..the first seasons after barca he was so fat!!! But hes been slowly rebounding and gaining back his accleration and superb speed he had

Just today in the portugal press they were watching portugal practice and in dribbling and veliocity drills quaresma even outran nani they said:D..i would get the link but its in portuguese.

I personally still hold the belief of him being atleast as good in the future, if ont a bit better.

The fact even now when both started together Quaresma has performed better just shows the amount of talent he has!

5. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Really, look whose talking, your not even welcome on the english forums for their ntl team games:D

I'm a laughing stock? because some glory hunters said i was wrong to ridicule how shit our u20 squad or benfica team was at the start of the season?

both times i was proven right on how shameful they played.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    *yawn*

You are Joelzinho minus intelligence, humour and class.

8. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :DGood one!

9. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    God...not the Queresma v Ronaldo 'debate' again.........Does my head in every single time. Yes, Queresma was the better prospect at Sporting. But he failed at Barca and his one chance at the big time, and had to return to a small pond to lick his wounds.

Ronaldo has had to deal with abuse in England from day one, both physically and mentally. He's survived being the most hated person in England and come out on top, literally, in every sense of the word. Queresma doesn't have the nuts to deal with half the shit Ronaldo has had to deal with, no matter how much better he can dribble or cross.

MOTHER********ING RONALDO------------------------------------------------------------------->QUARESMA

And don't you EVER forget that shit.

10. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You forgot Joel's best attribute

[​IMG]

11. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NFT.

12. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey Head to head the last time the Aussies Played you i Remember it being 3-1 on your own turf:eek:

13. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Glory hunters ????ehhh you support 2 teams ...

YCNMIU :D

14. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
  15. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  16. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was about four years ago and a fluke:)

17. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I just found it funny how England B Drew the Second half 1-1 but England A lost the First have 2-0.

Back when Kewell was good.....

18. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [Youtube]DiO6cK4XUuI[/youtube]

Incase anyone forgot

19. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HT 0-0 in the Australia/Argentina game. Its been a good game. Messi hit the woodwork, as did Bresciano with a FK that hit the crossbar and bounced back on to the woodwork off the keepers head.
    Tevez has done OK, but Messi has been amazing again.
    Judas is playing LB and should have scored after a brilliant run by Messi.

21. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Only reading the BBC commentary, but it sounds like Johnny Evans has been quite involved so far in Northern Ireland's game. Missed an open back post header, had a good header of a cross get deflected, and was tackled by some player who ended up with a card.

Good to see him back, he's getting match fitness with N.Ireland, and will be good when he gets back to us - though I don't see him getting a game anytime soon.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portugal getting ready to play Serbia in the Estadio Jose Alvalade (Lisboa). Kickoff is at 4:00 Eastern.

Must win...

23. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fletcher limps off for Scotland, O'Shea injured in Ireland's match.

International football. :rolleyes:

24. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Uhh..

Apparently Fletch did real well for Scotland in their last match as well. I was kind of excited to see what would happen this weekend if Hargreaves was unfit. Would Fergie switch back to a 4-4-2 with Scholes/Carrick, or just slot in Fletch. Now it doesn't matter..

25. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    Let's hope Vidic doesn't accidentally collided into Ronaldo or Nani....