United home jersey

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Dave Brother, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Just got back from Springfield Mall and was shocked to see that our home jersey was in the main display window at Modells. It is the exact one you can purchace at RFK, except that it is going for $59.99. If the 75 bones was what was keeping anyone from purchacing it, they have a pretty good stock.

Also, they have a knockoff of the white away jersey for the same price. It didn't look too bad for a knockoff. They had some t-shirts that I havn't seen before that were pretty cool, the cost was about 17 bones.

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks for the info.

I'll have to check it out.

3. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Wow, that's great news!

I'm always amazed at the timing of things like this, heh.

-Tron

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    GOTTA GO TO MO'S
    GOTTA GO TO MO"S oh yeah.....

5. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the info

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Yeah, it's the same one my son bought for me at the stadium.

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    My brother went to the Modells in Fair lakes and saw the home jersey from 2 years ago hanging. It was priced at $65.00. He told the manager that it was no longer current and they were selling it off at the stadium for $45.00. The manager said ,without hesitation, No Problem. He matched it right then and there. He said customer satisfaction was priority #1. I was really impressed with his commitment. My brother mailed Modells a letter lauding their managers service and demeanor. We went back last week because I needed some new sneaks. He remembered us and thanked us. And then he gave me 20% off on my shoes!! Damn, lets see Sports Authority do that.

8. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Sterling Soccer on Rt. 7 in Sterling has had them since the beginning of the season. They also do lettering.

That's where I had my "La Norte" jersey made.

They also have different odds and ends, some of it pretty cool, for both United and the National Team.

Sachin

9. Napoli_Ultra

Napoli_Ultra Member

Jun 9, 1999
    Lorton VA
    Club:
    DC United
    black jersey

I got my black United jersey from EuroSport for 58.49. But it doesn't have the 3 gold stars above the emblem...

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I posted earlier in the season about a friend of mine in Springfield,Va. who put the stars on mine. It looks authentic. He said he would do any United fans jersey for $5.00. He runs an embroidery shop called Sam's Monograms. Anyone intereseted can PM me.

11. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hate to be a cheap ass, but this should be mentioned: The end of the season is when everything gets slashed price-wise at the stadium. All the merchandise gets marked down significantly, usually during September home games.

RS

12. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    They do have the fire sale at the last match. They usually have great deals. I was just shocked to see our jersey at Modells. Maybe I'll give them some return business.

13. cmh1414

cmh1414 New Member

Sep 3, 2002
  14. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Old jersey?

Anyone know where I can find one of the old home jerseys? I'm not a big fan of the new look, with or without the proper number of stars. I'd probably need an adult M or possibly L. If you've seen them around, or if you know United has them and will be selling them off as the season winds down, please let me know.

Thanks much.

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: Old jersey?

I know for a fact that Modells in Fair Lakes has them. I assume you mean the Black home jersey.
    My brother bought one and asked the manager for a discount because they were outdated and selling at the stadium for $45.00. He said no problem and matched the price.

16. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team had a bunch of the old jerseys at the Meet the Team Equipment sale.