United Better late than Never

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by RedFriday, Jan 25, 2006.

1. RedFriday

RedFriday New Member

Jul 1, 2005
  2. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that Cantona had "only" four, when it seems he's so well-remembered for his late strikes.

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the idea for this article, but it's frustrating in that it doesn't give more information. I'd like to know which Forlan goals were last minute goals, but the late great goals I'm thinking of -- Southampton and Aston Villa -- were both late but not last minute. Oh well, something to figure out when I'm trying to avoid work later, I guess.

4. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recall one injury-time winner against Chelsea back in 2003, and then one against Villa the following season to cap a 4-0 win. No idea which others he had.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, you're right about Cheslsea and the Villa win. I was thinking of our game against Villa in fall 2002, 2-1, he scored late but not last minute.

So, Chelsea and Aston Villa. The article says he has 3. . . so there's still one missing. Hmmmmm.

(I was just googling "diego" and "late goals" -- perhaps if I googled the man's last name :rolleyes:)

6. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah cause if you did that, you might end up with a fat guy who really hates Bush. Not Michael Moore, but the other one. ;)

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, now I remember. Forlan scored two in the 90th in that game against Villa. I believe both were set up by Kleberson as well. Quick check of Soccernet verifies that.

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, excellent. Thank you.