@ United... because it's being played in london

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by thejuggernaut, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Couldn't help but smile when I heard the result. About time someone else from Manchester won something. Reminds me a bit of our 'Gascoigne' 91 semi against Arse - in retrospect that was the real final.

2. 'appy Addick

'appy Addick New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember it well. I also remember Gazza imploding in the final against Forest, crocking his cruciate ligament committing a foul that would get him sent off if he did it today regardless of the injury that kept him out of football for a year anyway..!!

Admittedly City don't have anybody in their line up who possesses Gascoignes lunatic self destruct button but Stoke will be up for the final big time, and Tony Pulis might just be carrying an old grudge.....

Pulis was manager of Gillingham when City came back from 0 - 2 down in the third tier play off final in (I think it was) 1999. The game finished 2 - 2 and Nicky Weaver saved the pen in the shoot out that sent City up and kept Gills down. Would you reckon Pulis wants some payback in the FA Cup Final..? You betcha.

3. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seeing as I've revelled in taking the piss out of Man City for a few decades now, it would make me a fairweather pisstaker to avoid your lot and not come here and congratulate you on that win.

I'm not going to make excuses about Carrick's abortion or Scholes still not learning after 20 years that you can't go studs up and not win the ball (though admittedly, on this occasion it looked more cynical than his usual crap tackling).

After Berbatov failed to take advantage, your boys took charge and deserved to win for their play from that point onwards.

I could argue with the comments about the Rio/Balotelli incident, but this isn't my forum so I won't.

Grudging congratulations.

4. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks mate, exactly what happened. I'd just like to say that it's likely you lot won't win any silverware this season. Oh wait, you've still got the Community Shield... ;)

5. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They'll win the league without doubt, Arsenal don't have the bottle and showed it against Liverpool.

Can't see them winning the Champions League though unless Barca have an off day and lose to Madrid (who themselves I'd fancy over United) or against United.

If we do win the FA Cup (and I refuse to say we will, every City fan knows how this club works and jinxing it won't help) we'll have another chance to dust off our trophy cabinet when we meet United in the Charity Shield back at Wembley. ;)

Imagine that, after years of no trips to Wembley, we have the prospect of three in the span of months if we beat Stoke.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsXbavvs-ow&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Blue Moon at Wembley 16 April 2011[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxvJieLSasA"]YouTube - Man city do the Poznan at Wembley[/ame]

6. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'll go as far as saying that the league is for us to throw away now. It's not over yet.

I also wouldn't overlook Schalke.

Just one last question though: will this be the first time that the City trophy room has been opened since Geraldo Rivera mistook it for Al Capone's vault? ;)

7. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 points ahead, 6 to play, arsenal away, chelsea at home... will keep my fingers crossed. :)