Union/MLS Is Back Tournament

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Cherry Hill SOB, Jul 3, 2020.

?

Will the tournament start before Covid shuts it down? Pick 2

Poll closed Jul 9, 2020.
  1. Absolutely

44.4%
  2. >50% chance

44.4%
  3. Probably not

11.1%
  4. No way, already a lost cause

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ray scores a goal before it is over and we riot

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    6 days to go and the team is "in the bubble". Haven't heard any rumors about Coronavirus for the team but multiple in the Dallas camp and Florida cases rising like crazy. They seemed to have been able to pull off restarting games in Europa without quarantining teams in a bubble like MLS and NBA are trying to do but there is better commitment in the general population to preventing spread in Europe and they don't have the increasing numbers like Florida does now. I'm wondering what happens when the inevitable outbreak occurs within the bubble. If they are able to pull it off I'm optimistic with the Union's chances. They should be able to progress out of the group and have enough youth and depth to rotate some for the late games. Will be critical to get a result over NYCFC so they can rotate for the last 2 games without critical need for wins.

Thoughts? Predictions? Lets get this ball rolling (literally) and see how much soccer we can get before it goes belly up again (hoping it doesn't but fearing it will).

cwelch999 repped this.
  2. cwelch999

cwelch999 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I being too Negadelphian if I think the Union jump out to the top of the group, maybe go 3-0, then the whole thing gets shut down before the knockout rounds?

ScottyMac26, drewuke, Starpork and 2 others repped this.
  3. sentrido

sentrido Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    No because that result would not be our fault. If you thought Union would fail because they all got sick from chowing down on the same shrimp buffet or something I would consider that being too Negadelphian. I think at some point some teams are going to run out of enough players to put a team on the field and that will have as much or more of an impact on the tournament as any team/player performances.

cwelch999 repped this.
  4. ScottyMac26

ScottyMac26 Member+

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    You forgot Gaddis scoring the GWG to win the group before the whole thing is cancelled and negated and never officially counted