Union 103

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Zak, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you know that there was a team called the Fire?

2. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brad said that I was number 70 on the spreadsheet. Brad also said that if I bring anyone with me like some other college soccer players or my dad he said all I would have to do is call him up and they could get me extra tickets in 103. Hey, I think it's important to build a visual and successful supporters group in Columbus. The only thing that kept me from sitting over in V-Army is I don't like the view and you can't see them on television anyways.

Now that it's closer to midfield there is nowhere else I rather sit. Hopefully it's successful. If you guys need anything just message me.

3. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I stupidly assumed that since Chicago Fire is your closest away game you'd notice they play it there before matches :D

4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am anxious for the day of the season opener to be near as it will be wonderful to be back in CCS and cheering on our boys.

1. I do not like how this group went about forming.
    2. I have my doubts.
    3. I do not have faith in certain individuals in this group.
    4. I'd just like to reiterate all of the above.

But I did get a season ticket for 103 and three other tickets for the season opener. I have opted to give the benefit of the doubt to all of you "in charge". I'm not here to run things; I'm here to support our Crew.

Still, it was interesting when I was given a list of who I could stand by and I happened to know everyone in the row.

Apparently, Brad Kessler has heard of me before. Go figure.

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chels, honey, you don't exactly go to games incognito and shy away from attention grabbing activities.

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Thank God! Rejoice!

I can sleep easy now, Chelsey is going to sit in 103.

7. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, i know we were all worried. Apparently not as much as you though.

8. TonyDanza

TonyDanza Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Before this becomes a pissing matching between Zak and Chelsey, let's all remember this section can only be as good as the people that occupy it. You may not have faith, or get along with someone in the section, but let's just keep it to ourselves. If this thread turns to bashing each other, we're going to have problems from the get go.

9. krs-two

krs-two Member

Jan 22, 2001
    Columbus

I wholeheartedly second that sentiment.

Now, with that being said, Crewsmas is only 10 days away. I'd love to start hearing people talk about plans for that day. I'm really hoping for a big splash from this section both inside and outside of the stadium. I'm looking forward to a great tailgate and a loud section....hopefully the weather will cooperate and be decent.

10. calderone01

calderone01 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Pickerington, OH
    Great. Now you've gone and cursed us!!:eek:

11. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mmm, the fresh smell of optimism in the morning. One of two things could happen this year; it could either work and be a good success or it could just be like every other year. I'm not slighting previous supporters groups. Anyone who supported the Crew last year deserves a pat on the back and maybe some therapy. But, seriously how could it be extremely worse? Columbus fans have to make some sort of effort to try to resemble something close to Houston, D.C, Chicago, etc. I'm just glad someone is making a plausible effort. I'm not saying that anything we do in 103 this year will be close to that effect and garner as much respect. But, possibly over time it could catch on.

The truth is there are people who love this club, that isn't news to any of us, but sometimes if you saw it on tv you wouldn't know it. At least with a move over to 103 it's actually visible that there is a supporters group for Columbus. It might be just as important for a supporters group to be on tv as a club. People see how fun it could be at home and then they look into it and join. It's more likely to attract fans to the group who wouldn't go to the North End as well. Instead of being seperated from the other fans the group would be right in there with them.

Then again none of that could register in people's brains because you almost have to force people to sit in a supporters section in Columbus. The best course of action is probably to drive a big bus around Ohio State with a roofied up keg in it and then to drop those students off at CCS. Oh well I'm looking forward to it.

Anyways welcome, I hope it succeeds, and everyone can stay somewhat happy with each other.

12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't ********* wait to cheer on the boys on Crewsmas.

13. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanna sit in the non-supporters section. Anyone know where people who don't support the Crew will be sitting?

14. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    At home on their ass.

15. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three VW's under $17,000.

16. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope.... Springs....

17. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in 112? :D

definitely not in 134, baby! 9 DAYS!

18. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my tickets yesterday... was starting to wonder about it. Has anyone gotten their fan pack yet?

Anyway, now that the tickets are in hand, I'm really watching the calendar. My wife yesterday wanted to know if I wanted to go to some Easter party on Saturday that her sister is having. I had to give her the look of "You crazy?"

19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't make any sense, tot.

More importantly: when did Mister Archer start making rules?

20. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I know what he's saying here. But, he keeps saying "supporters section" like not everyone at the game is a supporter. Isn't every section a "supporters" section (minus the visiting fans section). Again, I know what he was saying.

BA doesn't make rules. But he has written a few times "this is why I think there should be a rule forbidding newbies from starting threads." or something to that extent. Since I don't start threads at all, I thought I'd put it up, plus it was a pun on some stores where there logo says "established 1989" or some such, like they've been around forever and have all this history.

I've thought about removing it for a couple weeks and have just been too lazy to do so. Even though I see there's a Show your sig checkbox. Of course now I can't check it out of... um.. err.. well out of something.

21. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course I meant now I can't uncheck it.

22. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright guns down, boys.
    ->I come with a white flag.

How are things looking for Crewsmas?

23. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still need to nail down tailgate details. Does anyone have any idea where to snag a grill for this? I would really like for this to go off well, an d have no problem coordinating the details, I just need to know what kind of assets we have at our disposal. I already have a large tub that will hold copious amounts of beverages, as well as plenty of freezer space which will soon be filled with burgers and dawgs. I just need to know if we have anywhere to cook it.

PS. The wife will provide various cookies and baked things for the tailgate as well.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You married a good woman.

25. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a super tiny tailgate grill... not suitable for mass cooking, unfortunately, so I'm not helpful there.

However, if there is interest, there is a fabulous German butcher here in Indy. I can pick up fresh bratwurst, knackwurst, franks, etc.

Also, I can put several bags of ice in a cooler and bring that if that would help out. I can leave the ice in the bag if you have a big tub you're planning on using. What about people bringing beverages?

Mike, why don't you send me a PM and lets get the tailgate details sorted out.