Union 103

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Zak, Jan 15, 2007.

1. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a ....

3. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to whoever took care of the "In Sigi We Trust Banner" during the off season. Good to see it back up!

4. calderone01

calderone01 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Pickerington, OH
    Exactly why are surprised to find out a DC fan MIGHT be a dick? How about we stop worrying about DC trolls and keep improving on what has been a good "start" to 103. With the Guille signing I can only see that improving the atmosphere, while encouraging us further to build up the group.

5. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    can we get a rum&coke stand by 103 I wouldnt leave the place..:D

6. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i've always been a crew fan, going to almost all games every year. tommorow night will be the first that I'm with a supports group, even though i know practically every chant. never been with 137 or any others. lets show espn and the nation what the crew soccer nation are all about!

GO CREW!!!!!

7. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to say that I had a great time in 103 Thursday night. The atmosphere is good and nothing is better than cheering for your Crew team with a bunch of people that share that same sentiment. Because of the great time I had, I've purchased season tickets in Union 103. WooHoo! Now I just can't wait until the group is bigger and more formidable.

The only thing is that I don't know anybody in the group. I'll see everyone there on Tuesday for the ass whooping of LAG!

8. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a good time Thursday. Got on television a couple of times as well. Not sure if I can make Tuesday's game. If not I'll be at the game against DC United

9. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    103 apparently got some good air time on the Columbus Sports Network/Direct Kick broadcast last night...We were on twice, once at the beginning and once towards the end, during the MLSnet.com game highlight video (http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/index.jsp).

While watching the video, it also sounded like Dante Washington made a comment questioning Jaime Moreno's actual age...if that is indeed what he said, that's hilarious! Gotta love the freedom given to announcers on local broadcasts!

Glad I was able to put some new faces to names last night, so I know who some of these regular posters are (i.e. calderone, osubowler). Hopefully, the fresh faces keep comin'; I thought the section was top notch last night. See what happens when everyone stays in the stands for the full 90 (ahem Danza, swittler). ;)

10. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah yeah nuthouse, 103 was top notch last night. we may not be big, but we are loud! can't wait until we can get more and more people in the group, its only a matter of time.

11. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watched my Tivo a bit last night after getting home and then the rest this morning (fast forwarded some). There were a couple good looks at the group. The big flag really is visible, the smaller flags not as much, but still visible and they still add to the atmosphere, IMO.

From watching the TV, I really believe now that we need to start in row 1 and move up from there, if at all possible. i think there are some first row people that might sit, but even if it's getting down to row 2 and filling in from there, I think it i going to show a lot better on tv. 10 rows up just doesn't get shown on tv very often.

That being said, had a blast last night. Thought we had a good showing and am really hopeful that we can recruit some more folks to join the section and make it really happening. Glad we were able to give Olsen some stick and fun that he responded to it. Also, Gonzo, Hejduk, and even Garey were total class is making special efforts to acknowledge the group. The big stage bow by the team at the end was really nice. Frankie seemed to be leading that, kudos + for Frankie.

12. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very Bundesliga-esque, IMO. I liked it a lot. Probably made you feel like you were right at home in the Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, eh Kaiser?;)

13. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a great time last night. Yeah we should move up to the front of 103and try to all sit closer together. I don't know what it is about all Columbus Supporters Groups but I guess we need our personal space. lol.

Nice to meet placid and hardhat and a few others.

Keep it up.

14. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha, yeah you know I'm a VfB and Bundesliga nut as well as a Crew freak. There was this really awesome tribute earlier this season at Gottlieb-DS for the 10th anniversary of the supporters club. At the end of the game, the whole Vfb squad came over and did the same sort of thing (but even better, they then sang a song or two with the supporters). I'll have to find the YouTube link... just special.

Anyway, great results this weekend for Stuttgart and Crew fans. (VfB could go for the double w/ 3 weeks left).

15. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know of Brooklyn_Crew did in fact copyright the 103 logo? I'm working on our Wiki page.

16. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's fair to say that he's let the group use it, so post away Mike.