Alert: Unfair use of Power

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by InsigneForBalonD'or, Apr 29, 2015.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    #76 dark knight, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    I actually never call people animals personally - not even ISIS whose crimes are unimaginable to me. But in a conversation about Black Americans and racism? I would be embarrassed if I said something that insensitive.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It rather reminded me of the recent outrage towards Katie Hopkins, who described the African immigrants who die by the hundreds whilst trying to reach Fortress Europe as "cockroaches".

3. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #78 Calcio Pauly, May 1, 2015
    I find this offensive, someone please ban Mr. Warm. Is that all it takes? So if you find something offensive because you've decided that it meant something specific, you wouldn't want to know how it was intended, you justify banning someone on that notion?

4. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Your obviously new here. Mr. Warmth is banned more often than he is here for a whole lot less serious shit than the happenings in PC&E

5. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    If Sal were acting as deliberately obtuse as y'all are, I'd be adding on time to the red. Maybe that's what I should be doing if you are his defense.

6. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    LOL Big Soccer Supporter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

7. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    At least you are here to be serious.

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It exists everywhere.

Nor would he or anyone else call them ********ing lunatics either, as I demonstrated in this post, because it's just way too easy these days to offend anyone.

9. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seriously you are going to use the rigged search argument? Do a search of "blacks animals" and then "Nazis animals". That first page of the Nazi searched makes them look like humanitarians. You really want to say that blacks are/were worse than Nazis? To a degree search results are pretty telling of the society that generates them.

If he doesn't possess the common sense to realize the use of animals in a thread about race relations/equality in this country is a bad idea then he deserves what he gets.

DynamoEAR repped this.
  10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #85 Calcio Pauly, May 1, 2015
    Really? Insult us and then threaten to increase his ban? If you don't want to address anything I've said and don't want me here, just tell me and I'll leave, but I think my point is self explanatory. If someone has the right to ban anyone else (which of course is their right as mods here, clearly) based on finding something offensive in what they write whether intended or not, does it matter if they are right or wrong about it? Or is only one persons perspective, the one with the bigger gun, considered? Serious question.

My post clearly demonstrated that you can rig the search and defend the connotation on the word that you applied. It's all right there.

I'll leave you guys to have the last word, because heaven forbid anything I say increases Sal's ban.

11. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sal may be just blowing smoke up my ass, but he seems to at least get it - and hasn't suggested we are this mindlessly clueless in making judgements.

If I'm going to be accused of that here and other places y'all post, maybe I should just live up to it.

12. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah, and that's why I tried to say that the site wide ban is overzealous and uneccessary given that some of the guys you are banning don't only post offensive content. Delete the content, warn the poster, punish abuse with a subforum ban.

You'd rather argue that the guy is racist based on a couple posts ...? Really?

Falc repped this.
  13. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just want to make a suggestion to my fellow friends in the Italian section.

Clearly this guy is not taking anybody seriously. It's very convenient to write everyone off and saying they're trolling.

I don't expect a reply to this from Dark Knight nor do I care.

Let this go boys.
    There is no doubt in my mind they are dead wrong and they can comment however they want about me that's fine.
    But this argument is pointless and its getting us nowhere.
    Sal is banned for a month it's a done while it sucks its done don't waste your time here.
    This whole ********ing thing is ridiculous.

lb961, La Magica, Falc and 2 others repped this.
  14. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    No - the point is that we don't tolerate racism here. It's not a subforum issue - it's sitewide.

15. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    As someone who has posted some race-baiting stuff yourself, really not sure how much credibility you have here.

16. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep and there it is.
    I gave my friend some good advice to walk away from this.
    You probably should have just left it at that.
    Don't talk to me about credibility you may have a little mod hat on but that means precisely shit to me.
    With all due respect, of course
    I'm certainly not here looking to pick a fight nor do I care to get banned out of respect for my moderator.
    I'm just telling my boys to walk away

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  17. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah, and that's why I tried to say that the site wide ban is overzealous and uneccessary given that some of the guys you are banning don't only post offensive content. Delete the content, warn the poster, punish abuse with a subforum ban, I don't think you can expect everyone to discuss politics and current events the way you need them to

You'd rather argue that the guy is racist based on a couple posts ...? Really?

vesuviani repped this.
  18. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    let him go, he's big on BS but that's it. Let him enjoy the power he has on a site lmaooo

P to the Wee repped this.
  19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Trying to figure out who he's referring to...:cautious:
    Hey it's his place, he holds the cards. No one wins but the one who holds the cards.
    Forza Salzilla, come back soon little buddy.

20. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's really time to walk away guys its done let it go.
    Sal is back in a month there are worse things in life let's just let it go

21. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    for example having a name like Dark Knight

In all due respect though of course

22. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I've been accused once of being biased because I'm black because I have the name "dark knight" - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt in not meaning that. Not sure what you mean though.

Sorry - not sure what you mean - I should pretend like you didn't go on a race baiting troll? But you really care about racism - right?

23. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    [​IMG]

24. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Not sure if you meant to repost the same thing twice, but I responded to this post above.

25. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are baiting me

Its fine.

I'm just giving you notice

Calcio Pauly repped this.