UNC PEOPLE!!!! Who is this?

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by AB1FAN, Oct 2, 2002.

1. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HI! I was looking thru the Alumni Game from 2001 and this person looks familiar. can any one tell me anything about her?
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. P.J.B.

P.J.B. Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Atlanta
    Looks like Rita Tower

Rita Tower (1989-1992)
    Scored the gamewinner in the classic 1990 NCAA quarterfinal victory over NC State, 4-3.

Back in 1992, when UNC was ranked 1 and Stanford was ranked 2 in the nation, Tower scored the final goal at 86:16 in the match- a 5-0 win for UNC. **The Tar Heels were playing the fourth game in a four-day road trip, after having won against UC Santa Barbara (5-1), then top-10 ranked Portland (6-1), and 20th-ranked St. Mary's (4-0?).

For those of you who may have read Marcia Wallis's heady quote in this week's Mercury News (posted by Cachundo on Stanford's thread), it's inaccurate. UNC has been making annual trips to the West Coast since I can remember.

3. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks! she looks way to young to have graduated in 1992 from college.

4. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Was Robin Compher at the match?

5. P.J.B.

P.J.B. Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Atlanta
    Oops

You know, AB1, you're right. And I don't think this is Rita...trying to put a name with this face. Does anyone else recognize her? (AMY __?)

6. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Oops

hehe i wasn't doubting you, just was in awe that she looks that good, but if you are wrong. some one help out me and P.J.B. Tanks!

7. kareena

kareena New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    There was an Amy --I want to say Munchin or something like that--but she was in the late 80s--this looks younger. She was a forward I think-scored a lot of goals. I never saw her up close so can't help there but is that the Amy you are thinking of?

8. GoCourage

GoCourage Member

May 27, 2001
    Durham, NC
    That's funny. The same question was asked some time ago in this forum. I think that was before the Big Soccer Big Crash o' 2002. ;-)

Meghan Pastiglione

If my memory serves me, no one determined what her story was since she only played 2(?) years for the program.

9. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks. uh it wasn't me i promise. i'll remember next time. :D :D

10. P.J.B.

P.J.B. Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Atlanta
    Thanks GoCourage!

Guess you took the picture, eh Go Courage? !!! I'll use this opportunity to tell you how great it has been to view your photos after each home game. They are great. You must be a sports photographer - you manage to get some great shots with ball in frame!

11. mtndew

mtndew New Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Ohio
    UNC followers

What has happened with the Dorrance lawsuit by
    Debbie Keller?

12. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country