(Un)organized kickaround season finale?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by mojo10, Nov 12, 2003.

1. mojo10

mojo10 Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Rocky Mtn Hi CO.
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Okay gang....since the numbers have petered out, I'm assuming everyone could use a winter break? Sad to admit it, but I'm included as well.
    Skiing season is upon us, so I know Jeff is out (some of us are lucky enough to be able to hit the slopes on weekdays!), and the weather is unpredictable at best, which makes planning tough.
    So, I'd like to propose a final fling, season finale this Sunday, before we pack it in until March or so.
    Regulars, please chime in with availability, new players definitely welcome as well.
    Is the 2:00 time frame acceptable at Stratford?

Hope to see you all there before our extended Holiday break.

2. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in; 2PM works for me or whatever works for everybody else.

3. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I'm out, but not because of skiing, yet. :)

My indoor game is at 1:50. If we have subs and I'm not totally wiped out, I may make a post-indoor appearance.

4. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, I wish I could come but I have to work every Sunday from 2-10 :(

That sucks.

5. jdonnici

jdonnici Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Westminster, CO
    What he said.

6. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Tomorrow at Stratford: Don't wait around on my account, but my indoor game ends around 2:45 and unless my ankle acts up (bit of stinging the last couple weeks) I plan on stopping by for at least one more pre-winter kickaround.

7. mojo10

mojo10 Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Rocky Mtn Hi CO.
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Well......I'm not convinced we've got any numbers for today, so I'm going to be the one to call it.

Let's try for next Saturday at 3:00 (Daksims, you know no one will show up until 3:30 anyway) -Stratford Park weather permitting? This way we don't interfere with MLS Cup on Sun.

Then we can take off for the Holidays and hopefully pick up again in late Feb. or March.

Sound ok? This gives you all some time to make plans or give a head-count here.

By the way, San Jose is the luckiest team in the history of MLS......discuss amongst yourselves.

8. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky in the sense that they should have been folded instead of one of the Florida teams? Well then yes; they are.

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was anyone else at the CSYSA coaching license classes this weekend? I think those qualify as unorganized kick arounds. I haven't played much since high school and as a 26 year old, it kicked my arse. But it was fun and now I am an E licensed coach.
    Anyone who is coaching their kid's youth teams or any other team I strongly reccommend the course. It teaches a lot about good soccer player development.

10. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither Matt nor I will be able to make a Saturday afternoon kickaround this week. If it were Sunday we could come, but Saturday is out.

By the way, if anyone is interested in joining me and some other folks at the Compa Thanksgiving food outreach this Saturday (11/22) in the a.m., hit me w/a P.M. I will be bringing Krispy Kreme doughnuts for anyone who plans to join our group. We'll be gathering at approximately 8 a.m. under the Chilistrider windsock.

11. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A saturday kickaround will work for me, but not at that time. It'll have to be before 1pm for me.

12. mojo10

mojo10 Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Rocky Mtn Hi CO.
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Well.....................back to Sunday then...................how many participants?
    Anyone.........Bueller?

13. n2soccer55

n2soccer55 New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I'm in for this Sunday if the weather's decent. A friend from my outdoor team wants to play too. Game on??
    S.

14. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    High of 19 degrees on Sunday, with maybe 2 to 4 inches of snow on the ground. I just don't think I'm that diehard---sorry! So, I guess I'll see you all at a Nats viewing party this winter. Otherwise, until next spring!

P.S.---I apologize for this very girlie-girl comment, but I have to say it: I honestly miss y'all. (Though apparently not enough to sign up for indoor ;))

15. mojo10

mojo10 Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Rocky Mtn Hi CO.
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Chilistriders, I agree. Let's re-address our kickarounds when the temp gets back around the 50 degree range.
    Until then, maybe I'll see some of you at the Garrison deal. Otherwise, catch you when it warms up.
    Happy skiing!

16. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Beaver Creek rocked today! Despite the cold, the snow's good, and plenty of stuff was open for an opening day.

However, the bad raod conditions are keeping me away from Garrison tonight.