UMD vs Hofstra [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by voyager, Nov 23, 2004.

1. voyager

voyager Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Frederick, MD
    Club:
    DC United
  2. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Well, that hot streak had to end sometime for the Pride.

3. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    I caught this game but there's not much to report. UMD was at a completely different level and this game could have been 7 or 8-0 with better finishing. Good to see Dom Mediate doing his postseaon thing again like he did in 2003. Abe Thompson often dropped into the midfield to generate the attack, technical he is still playing forward but he's the man on the ball who often makes the pass that leads to the pass that opens up the other teams defense. His vision is outstanding.
    The defense appears to be stablizing but weren't really tested by Hofstra. Sunday Creighton will likely give a better indication how far this group can go.

4. voyager

voyager Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Frederick, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Thompson started the season on fire like Garey did, but kinda seems to have dropped off towwards the end, at least in the scoring department. Will he be a viable option at forward in MLS, or would he work better in the midfield? I ask this question based on your brief description of his work in the midfield. Thanks.

5. Mike Fekula

Mike Fekula Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Thompson has been bothered by a hamstring most of the season. Just once, I wish he could have a season completely free of injury. I am convinced that health is the only issue standing between him and a long professional career.