Umbro Boots Thread.... Was the New Umbro Xboots thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Golazco, Oct 9, 2006.

1. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I found the Umbro Speciali Eternal Pro (both FG & AG) in Amazon Germany at 45 euros, while it's 84 euros in ProDirectSoccer. I don't know if it's to be trusted. I found no reviews. I didn't order.
    But that price is seductive.
    I'm not familiar with Amazon, anyone has an idea if I should buy? I have a friend in Germany and we'll meet in a month.

https://www.amazon.de/Umbro-Speciali-Fußballschuhe-Daz-White-Clematis/dp/B018ODDI9E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488955429&sr=8-2&keywords=umbro speciali eternal pro white

2. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I bought the AG from Amazon UK for a cheap price and they are fine (see my previous post in this thread)/

jihado86 repped this.
  3. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #553 jihado86, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    fair enough my friend, then I'll confirm to my friend to order it. Size 8UK (42.5 EU). I usually wear 42 but better be loose than tight, I can wear a thick sock if it's loose.

4. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Done. My friend ordered it. It should be delivered to him between Saturday and Monday. And then he'll be here in Tunisia in April. Can't wait to have that boot, it has everything I want from a football boot : classy design, quality leather, seems comfortable (waiting to confirm that after wearing), it also looks like protecting the foot, somehow bulky in a good way. I also ordered a Kaiser 5 Liga through my cousin, they both may arrive during the same period, must be good to have two great boots and change between them, I'll post pics when they arrive.

gusgorman repped this.
  5. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  6. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hi all.
    Anyone know if Umbro will release more colours in Speciali Eternal line?

I have a pair of white ones and after season and a half (including games on 3g pitches) they might not last much longer. Love the boots and wondering if there will be more colours released (missed out on buying orange or.purple ones).

Also, i know Umbro stated they will keep the Eternal line going, but i don't see any new stock on major retailers (prodirect, etc). Any info?

7. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I like them too. I've sent 2 messages to Umbro customer services over the last month asking about future releases of the TF shoe, and haven't got a reply on either occasion. If you get any info please share it here!

btw - I've seen a few sites selling the AG version quite cheap recently. I picked up a pair on Amazon UK.

8. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    I need fg, or what they call hg, as i play majority of games on grass.

So far all of the sites are selling old stock.

9. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also bought a White AG, from amazon, I saw FG with the same price, 44 euros.
    I think the available colours were white & black, I'll see if they have the other releases.

And, yes, I also want Umbro to keep releasing the Speciali Eternal.

gusgorman repped this.
  10. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    I find them very comfortable, stable, good touch on the ball, studs provide good traction and mobility. The A frame might be a gimmick, but for me they are very stable when cutting in and out.

Only thing i would change is make heel higher and bit tighter. In beginning i had some heal slippage, but with trusox type socks, they are fine.

11. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have to say I may throw caution to the wind and get the medusae pro. I know a couple of people commented in here that they were low quality with bad lock down, but I've read and watched many positive reviews about them, too. I'm so torn. It's either them or the ace 17.1 leathers. Would like to wear umbro again though. I thought about the ux accuro but I've heard they are quite narrow. With the medusae having leather on them, I figure at least that part will stretch.

12. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Yeah i didn't like the medusae pro, Shame because i love the look of them, Lock down wasn't good on them and the toe box was just way to big for my liking anyway, I prefer my boots to be very snug though so maybe it'll fit you better.

13. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah I was close to pulling the trigger, but soccer.com was offering a good deal on the evopower vigor so I was able to get one of the launch colors for less than $100. Too good to pass up and I loved the 1.3

Corkin23 repped this.
  14. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  16. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm glad I went a half (European) size up with the Speciali Eternal, 42.5 instead of 42, because when it arrived and I tried it, I found it tight in the toe box, tight in a good way, any size down would be a big problem.
    Same as with the Kaiser 5 Liga, I went for 7.5 UK instead of 7. There is little space between my toes and the top of the boot, but that's what I want, because my 2nd toe is taller than the big one, so there must be a space, I think that's what explains why I always need a half size up.

17. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    #567 gusgorman, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Yes the shape of most (all?) boots seem to be designed to fit an "egyptian" shaped foot. This is why I have problems - I've got "roman" shaped feet so most boots don't fit me, pretty much all synthetic boots are useless. Sounds like you've got "greek" or "celtic" shaped feet.

This was posted on here by someone else a while back http://weknowmemes.com/2013/03/which-foot-type-are-you-egyptian-roman-greek/

edit: btw it sounds like your feet are the same size as mine. I wear 8UK (42.5) in the Speciali Eternal and would be a 7.5UK in Copas or Kaisers. This makes sense though, remember Adidas UK sizing is wrong - it is a half a size out. So if you are wearing 8UK in the Speciali, then your "normal" Adidas size would be 8.5UK, so a full size down from that is 7.5UK

jihado86 repped this.
  18. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I checked the link and yes, my feet are "Greek" shaped. Also they aren't wide, so most of my problems with some boots I tried and failed to fit, are related to length, which as I said is related to my foot Greek shape, that 2nd toe being taller than the others.

about the sizing, what's the equivalent in UK for the exact size of 42 EU? because in Amazon Speciali's link there was also a size 42 listed there. I'm asking because the adidas sizing in Kaiser/Copa is confusing me :D even with other boots.
    Also, is adidas UK sizing wrong in their newer boots also? For example I bought (then sold) a Gloro 16.2 size 42 (I don't remember if it's 42 or 42 1/3) and I don't remember what was the UK equivalent there.

19. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    It is impossible to accurately match up UK and EU sizing. I think half a size in EU is about 3mm, and half a size in UK is approximately 4mm. So all size charts are an approximation... thats why some companies will list UK8 as being EU42, and others will list UK8 as being EU42.5

Infact none of the international sizing systems match up properly - half a size in JP sizing is 5mm, and US is the same as UK (although is calculated using 1 as the base instead of 0 - hence UK and US aren't the same).

Adidas UK sizing is "wrong" in all their footwear. It is half a size smaller than it should be. With Copas and Kaisers you should go down a full size from what you normally wear in Adidas. I have recently had my feat measured to be UK8 - and in most Adidas street trainers and football boots I wear UK8.5 - but my Copa size is UK7.5. If in doubt look at the US sizing... this seems to be more consistent across brands. ie I wear US9 in almost all brands.. and infact Adidas do list UK8.5 as being equivalent to US9.

However - it is worth noting that a few other brands seem to be doing their size charts in the same way as Adidas now, notably Diadora and New Balance. Both these companies list US9 as being UK8.5 - so their 8UK is too small for me. So, if I wanted to go half a size down in a pair of Diadora Brasil and I was going by UK sizes I would buy a UK8 (which Diadora list as being a US7.5)

As I said above - it is actually much simpler these days to work out your US size and use that. All of the footwear I currently own across all brands (Nike, Mizuno, Umbro, Adidas, Asics) is marked as US9. However the UK sizes vary between UK8 and UK8.5

I realise that there will be variations in sizing between brands, and that some people might even wear different sizes in different boots from the same brand, but I am pretty sure what I have said above is correct.

Anyway, apologies for the long post and I hope it makes sense! :)

Corkin23, derbyyank13 and jihado86 repped this.
  20. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No need to apologize my friend, I like long great posts !

gusgorman repped this.
  21. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Cool - just re-read it and I made a typo... I should have said "So, if I wanted to go half a size down in a pair of Diadora Brasil and I was going by UK sizes I would buy a UK8 (which Diadora list as being a US8.5)"

jihado86 repped this.
  22. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think there is also a confusion in Japanese sizing (maybe only adidas). As far as I know, Japanese sizing goes by centimeters, in the Kaiser the JP size is 260 (26 cm), in the Speciali it's 270 (27 cm), yet both boots fit my feet the exact same way. There's no way that the Speciali is 1 cm longer than the Kaiser, when I put them together they have the exact same height.

23. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    No, theres no confusion with JP sizing there... the sizing of the Copa and the Kaiser are just wrong. As I said above you always have to go down a full size in them from your normal Adidas size (in whatever system you are using), so that sounds right.

jihado86 repped this.
  24. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #574 jihado86, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Tonight I'll try the Speciali Eternal for the first time in a game, so excited.
    Since the moment I bought it, can't stop staring at it and holding it, that feel of the leather is special, this boot has a special touching feeling different than the other boots, even the Copa Mundial. The Speciali Eternal is thick and soft at the same time, I keep holding it and caressing it and can't get enough :D
    I'm literally in love with this boot, and strongly recommend it to anyone who loves great leather boots.

I'll post a short review after the game, about performance, the feel during the game, ...

serginhobertholi repped this.
  25. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    They are great boots. Wore them for two seasons and they were great.
    Stud pattern is very stable, great touch on the ball, can't fault them.

jihado86 and gusgorman repped this.