Ultras 1986

Discussion in 'Vancouver Supporters Clubs' started by WhiteCapArmy, Sep 5, 2009.

1. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey I am trying to create a Group for the Vancouver Whitecaps called Ultras 1986 for when the caps were Founded again.
    Goals: To create a fun atmosphere and to show our support by tifo Displays.
    First of all I want people who are willing to sing chant and do displays like card displays or what ever using balloons flags confetti
    Rules: 1. No logging into Rival or other teams forums to talk trash because I don't like that happening to me and they wouldn't like it happening to them.
    2.Swearing is allowed (I don't care if you swear but you don't have to)Most chants will focus on the team, adding bad language into them doesn't make them that much better.
    3. we need to respect the southsiders since they were the first supporters group and to work with them to create the best atmosphere for the whitecaps and work with Captain Vancouver's Crew.
    4. Willingness to make banners or two sticks if you have the time and respecting other casual fans since they are whitecaps fans too.
    5. For now No smoke bombs or flares because the club FO doesn't want them maybe something can be worked out but right now NO FLARES OR SMOKE BOMBS No trowing stuff on the field of play either.
    6. we are not better than anyone else we are here to support the team.
    7. To be organized.

Also I would like to try and get at least 50 people before next season so we can work on chants and try and get a spot for all of us to stand, right now the best place would be in the southside and help participate with the southsiders, but if we can get 50 + people by next season maybe go across the stadium so we wouldn't interfere with what the southsiders are trying to do.
    Remember we are all whitecaps fans and all deserve the same amount of respect.
    so if your interested sing up to the forum it is free and we can start doing stuff there. Feel free to post your advise or criticisms below.

2. Johnnie Monster

Jul 9, 2005
    Richmond, BC
    Hey thank you very much for honouring our club's often forgotten history as the 86ers, and the Southsiders who have been cheering them (and the NASL Caps) through thick and thin.

Just a respectful, well intentioned suggestion here:

Seems to me that "Ultras '86" rolls off the tongue a wee bit better than "Ultras 1986."

"86" also works nicely as a salute to 1886 (Vancouver's founding) and Expo 86 (arguably one of the most important events in Vancouver history).

Would love to see blue and yellow tifo from you lot!

Last point: be cognizant that "Ultra" is a term that some people associate with hooliganism. Ensure your membership is aware that this is not what your group is about, and be prepared for the fact that uninformed news media and politically motivated anti-stadium looney tunes may try to connect your group to those behaviours.

Good luck!

3. Johnnie Monster

Jul 9, 2005
    Richmond, BC
    One other thing:

Please encourage your group to sing "Boundary Road," just as the Southsiders do now.

It doesn't matter that we'll be at BC Place instead of Swangard (which for those who don't know, is at the corner of Kingsway Ave and Boundary Road).

That song has been sung by fans since 1999, back in the 86ers days... it's the closest we've got to a proper historical anthem, and it will be *amazing* to hear that reverberating around BC Place a few times.

4. Darth Vegas

Darth Vegas New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Columbia City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Sqeeee!! You could dress up like sea captains and salute each other! And shoot a CANNON! That would be awesome! ;)

5. Darth Vegas

Darth Vegas New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Columbia City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Kidding aside, sounds like a great idea, the middle period of PNW soccer is often forgotten ( '86's, FC Storm) for the more colorful NASL days and more recent USL.

6. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    well I really like how the southside doesn't for get we sing the song at the 86 min, every game [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUtAMblgdZY"]YouTube - na,na,na,na,na 86[/ame] and I was think what would be a good name for a group and this poped into my head and I will do the boundry road song it is good.

7. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    also I want to try and stop people who just want to screw around out, and Ultras 86 does sound cool easy to change name right now so ya and if i can get a good group together then it e cool for us to be in the north side and then maybe could try some across stadium chants, or have boundry road sung by everyone would be cool.

8. leftcoastkicks

Aug 20, 2009
    Vancouver, BC
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Ultra 86 works--just "86'ers" is even better IMO. Either way, this idea sounds more like it.

9. loben52

loben52 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    great name....now for the FO to release a seating plan so we can see what sections, the supporter groups will stand

10. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    just stopped by because i saw ultras 86 and was interested to learn about your group. after reading your list of rules you don't seem like an ultras group in the very least. ultras are boorish, violent people with no consideration for anyone else around them. they have an us vs the world mentality. don't be surprised if your name sends the wrong message.

11. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Based on the lack of posts by the OP I would think this group is dead anyways. Unfortunate, as I love the early 86er years and anything honoring that great team is worthy of attention.

Their "message board" is as much of a ghost town as the George Vancouver Crew board.

12. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    yar well I'm a Southsider i though of creating a break off group other than the captains crew thing that could work together with the Southsiders, but I gave up on this. I'm content with being a southsider. If someone else wants to take this idea go ahead but I just don't want to see some wannabe hooligan punks pretending to be ultras after all it is just a name.

13. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    just watch out... someone may start the "Blue patch boys" and think they are real fans......

14. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Who is this guy?!:rolleyes:

15. leftcoastkicks

Aug 20, 2009
    Vancouver, BC
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Coquitlam's own--The Iron Source. :rolleyes:

16. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Actually I don't live in Coquitlam.. but I do think it would be better than F---ing Edmonton.

And GV is a genocidal maniac.

Thats all.

17. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Why are you so critical of me.

18. rmf_2010

rmf_2010 Red Card

Mar 6, 2010
    San Jose/Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so you are copying those mother ********ers from san jose, 1906 ultras?

19. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Can't really read huh? Says just a few posts above that the guy whose idea this was has given up on the idea.

...and copying San Jose? More like the thousands of other "ultras" groups around the world who were around well before San Jose, or the MLS for that matter.

20. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    wow just wow it was a Idea and I don't care about it anymore why because I'm happy being a southsider, and just because the name was ultras 1986 which is similar there are bunch of groups around the world who uses "ultras insert year"

21. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    SHHHH! Don't ever say that again! Whitecapsfanblog will KILL you for insinuating that the Caps were re-founded in 1986. Pop over to his blog and read the posts from around the time they announced the new MLS logo.

22. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    That particular blog seems to try to erase the 15 years of 86ers as if they never happened. I am not sure he is the best person to take advice from on this club.