Ultimate (?!) Soccer League

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bman, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Bman

Bman Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Beverly, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caught the last few minutes of the "Ultimate Soccer League" final on FSW and was kind of curious as to why the score was so high so I searched the 'net and found this: http://www.ultimatesoccerleague.com/home.htm
    Why can't people just leave well enough alone.

2. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Isnt this just a glorified 5-a-side league (altough there are 8)

Sounds a bit poor to me

3. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago

Very very poor. I was exposed to this farce for the first time this last weekend as well and was just as disgusted by it as anyone should be. horrible ************, horrible players too. The "kick ins" were the worst part, i found, these women were floating the ball in as if chipping was the only thing legal in this league. i was a bit excited because I thought they were playing on a hurlying field, but then realised it was just a highschool stadium so they were am.football goalposts.

4. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Does anyone know the name of the league where players are allowed to check each other and beat each other up? Its basically a hockeyfied version of indoor soccer.

5. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    sounds like every pro indoor league i've ever seen, actually. goon players with not enough talent to play real soccer take it inside to beat eachother up.

6. Wade Bills

Wade Bills New Member

Oct 15, 2000
    West Jordan, UT
    I think you mean "soccer slam" Essentially a combination of roller derby, pro wrestling and indoor soccer. I watched it for a few minutes earlier this year. Highlight (or lowlight?) of the game had a player sitting on the bench who was handed a beer by one of the fans. He drank it, then ran onto the field and shattered the empty bottle against an opponent's head.

7. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

i think it is sunday league football down the boro...

not sure its legal but all those above things happen...