Post-match: Uli Stielike on trial.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Should we fire him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Wait

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Many of us were skeptical about him since the Asian Cup when he played Park Joo Ho as a winger in the final. Then he survived for another three years, consistently getting worse and worse... Three fcking years! Can you believe that? It's almost surreal to me.

killaorca, TaegukRedDevil and Seol Korea repped this.
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The worst part of this all was that the majority of us had to go through and put up with this bullshit for 3 years. Now that the two fcukers are gone, we can somewhat get a bit of a breather now, but still pissed that the head is still there.

doraemon repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    NO MORE CANCER FOOTBALL.

4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    let's not blow the candle just yet. I want concrete PLANS now. Don't mind interims, just make sure to do whatever it takes to qualify. At the same time, devise a shortlist for capable and realistic managers and contact them.

5. Shinović

Shinović Member

Jul 5, 2016
    AFTV Studio
    [​IMG]

gunitinug's reaction to Stielike's sacking.

killaorca repped this.
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't buy any of the crap Lee Yong-soo is spewing out, and everything that's been said is only from his point of view. Not enough time to hire a foreign manager my ass.

7. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #sayNoToCyberBullying

8. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why do we have this fixation of a "foreign coach?"

Who gives a shit what nationality someone is so long as they do a good job at coaching? I don't give a shit if the guy is an Inuit seal hunter, but if he can coach the KNT the best, then go ahead and hire him.

GoYoungrokba repped this.
  9. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    probably because it it hard to find a Korean coach who has the experience/knowledge good enough to help KNT produce results against world class opponents.

There might be a Korean coach somewhere that can just 'click' with current crop of players, but they're not coming out of the shadows.

Anyways, I agree about not giving sh!t about nationality.

10. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #1685 Fector, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Nope there was none. I read too much into an article written by a 기레기.
    The only clause was in case Korea fail to qualify and that has not happened yet. Steilike will get the full salary. That is why he refused to resign.

P.S. Not really sure though. Lee Yongsoo seems to be saying Steilike agreed to the termination of his contract.

11. Tiger12

Tiger12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They already stated they WIIL NOT hire another Foreign Coach for 2018, so no need to speculate on the Foreigners coming.

12. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    At least that loss was good for something. A win or even a narrow draw and Stielike probably stays, right?

If things remained on course, we were 100% headed for an even worse version of 2014 WC as a best case scenario. At least we can dimly hope that things may be different.

13. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    I think Stielike agreed to not coach the team if Lee Yongsoo agreed to pay his full remaining salary.

14. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    There is no such thing as agreeing to not coach the team. All private contracts allow employers to fire the employees or remove from duty at least. In most cases the worst the employer can suffer is to pay the remaining salary. In special cases there may be additional clause to compensate for the damage to the reputation but I don't think it is the case here.
    However if there was such a private contract(not being able to fire) it actually might be legally invalid in most countries. Public offices are a different matter.

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Agree that nationality is irrelevant. We just need someone who can produce results NOW, not 3-4 years later.

16. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Right now, Korea is ahead of Uzbek by only 1 point.

Sorry but there is a realistic chance Korea won't qualify. No one can fully predict because of many variables but if the past games are any indication...........................

Uzbek is expected to beat China in their next match and will play Korea at home for the last game. 3 points vs China. 1 point needed vs. Korea. And they qualify as runner ups.

Korea is expected to lose against Iran in the next match. Since the match is at home, maybe a draw is possible. So, maybe 1 point at best. And Korea needs at least a draw because Uzbek is forecasted to win against China. Uzbeks have been consistent this round and will play Korea for the last game. This will be an away match for Korea. Korea has an awful track record with away homes and the Uzbeks will play for a draw. Only 1 point possibly again.

At the end, Uzbek can easily become number two in group.

Korea historically struggled with the last round of WC qualifiers, in away games, and against Mid-east / West Asian countries regardless of coach.

17. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Nahhh. Korea are the better side than even Iran talent-wise.
    The odds are fairly high that Korea will lose to Iran but the same can be said of any of the 4 other countries. Anyone can beat Korea right now and it is not because they are strong, it is because Korea are in disarray.

But things can turn around in the next 75 days. Even though the odds they won't are higher.
    I have no idea why you guys have so much respect for Iran.

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    How are they consistent when they won 4 games & lost 4? Their away record in this round is abysmal. If anything, China has a good possibility of getting a result at home vs Uzbeks.

If South Korea win at home vs Iran, that just might be enough.

10August2012 repped this.
  19. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Uzbekistan will likely drop points at China as the Lippi-managed team has shown a sign of improvement.

And they have been consistent??? If that's the case why they are not ahead of us at this point?

20. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    what exactly do they spend their money on? Even their boardroom looks like it's being held at a local high school.
    [​IMG]

soul24rage and chook90 repped this.
  21. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    per KFA's annual financial report 30% of budget is spent on youth & women's football development program such as U-League, WK-League, and U-12/U-15/U-18 National League.

chook90 repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Uzbekistan tend to choke when it matters. I think we'll beat them in the game.
    I don't see us beating Iran though.

23. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Well, that's because it's just a means to an end, and not an end in itself. He's been the owner of Busan I'Park for over a decade, and the funding has been dwindling over the years. His ambition is to make his name in FIFA, and potentially use that as a leverage for a position of political power, or just make a name for himself in large worldwide organisations like FIFA.

killaorca repped this.
  24. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    we are not beating iran and we are not beating uzbekistan. we arent going to the world cup. we might not even make 3rd place playoffs

25. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Stop being a wuss. Look at how Leicester changed literally immediately after sacking Ranieri

chook90 repped this.