Ukraine vs Russia III

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, May 16, 2023.

1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Isn’t somebody having a heart attack in a sports stadium that you need to post about?

chaski, ElNaranja, song219 and 4 others repped this.
  2. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh he’s THAT guy! I remember now!

3. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, looking out for one's health is such a horrible thing to do.

You guys reacted exactly the way I thought you would.
    Turns out I was right about the bill passing, and instead of admitting it you turn to personal attacks (which is kinda against forum, rules, but its not like this site is well moderated anyways).

Sorry, but I have better things to do with my time then to debate trolls online.
    So if you'll excuse me I have my shitty golf game to attend to.

Toodles [​IMG]

4. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    [​IMG]

rslfanboy repped this.
  5. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Novo Bryanskaya electrical substation in the Bryansk Oblast and the oil refinery in Kardymovo, Smolensk were both hit by Ukrainian drones. Both are burning nicely.

6. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    You are all welcome.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  7. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #7857 The Irish Rover, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Vatnik asks: "what airdefence doing?"

Mykola answers: "a ********load more than yours does!". :p:p

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Zhyd being a derogatory word for a Jew in Russian language (though it just means a Jew in Polish) and banderite after Stepan Bandera who was a Ukrainian nationalist.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  9. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    BTW, it was shot down by an S-200 missile.

The S-200 is an obsolete design introduced in 1967, so obsolete in fact that its supposed only use was as a long-range attack rocket.

Being able to use them for their original purpose will be giving the Russians a fit: there are, quite literally, shedloads of S-200 missiles worldwide that 3rd world armies would be delighted to sell off.

10. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #7860 waitforit, Apr 20, 2024
    Congrats USA you made me see a part of US Congress session

I hope this is the last vote I ever see

It is also my first but if I understood it correctly Ukraine aid just passed

edit: the little Ukraine flags to annoy MTG ...hhahaha

edit: Israel aid passed too

edcalvi repped this.
  11. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate watching Congressional debates. They're not debates, just a series of political speeches.

Watch the Canadian, Australian or British Parliament if you want to see a debate.

edcalvi, song219 and waitforit repped this.
  12. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Was funding for allocated Marjorie Three-toes Gangrene's Jewish spaces lasers? :whistling:

song219 and waitforit repped this.
  13. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Pentagon arms will reach Ukraine in less than a week once aid bill clears Congress
    The Washington Post

The Pentagon has a massive infusion of military aid for Ukraine “ready to go,” U.S. officials said. They also noted that the Defense Department initiated the assembly of this assistance package well before the coming votes in a bid to speed the process.
    One official, on condition of anonymity, said that once the $95 billion foreign aid bill is signed into law, it will take less than a week for some of the weapons to reach the battlefield.
    This package is almost certain to contain desperately needed ammunition for systems Ukrainian personnel rely on most, including 155mm shells used in NATO howitzers and munitions for medium-range rocket artillery.
    It is also likely the Pentagon will provide Ukraine with a fresh tranche of air defense equipment and ammunition to defend against Russia's attacks on civilian infrastructure.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/19/ukraine-us-weapons-house-aid-bill/

14. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #7864 The Irish Rover, Apr 20, 2024
    Video of the bill's formal passage

As @Paul Berry noted, unlike the House of Commons or the Australian parliament, Capitol Hill isn't famed for its spontaneity but note the representatives cheering and waving Ukrainian flags. Pretty unusual

yasik19 repped this.
  15. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Sorry to disappoint you but your beloved immigration bill is dead. Deader than a Norwegian Blue it seems.

It got a 215-199 majority but, since the Freedom Caucus clowns voted against the bill in the Rules Committee, it had to be brought to the floor under "suspension of the rules", which requires a 2/3 majority.

If they'd voted it out of the Rules Committee, a simple majority on the floor would have sufficed.

Fcukwits got to fcukwit

goliath74 repped this.
  16. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    One democrat voted with her then realized the mistake and pushed NAY

She seems upset

17. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. The Republicans shot down the most conservative border bill the US has ever had because Trump told them to. The original Senate bill that included funding for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan included border funding as well.

18. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    BTW I nevet want to hear that the horseshoe theory is wrong

Today all the extremes of both parties voted the same

RafaLarios and The Irish Rover repped this.
  19. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    remember also it was the GOP senators and mcconnell who original tanked Aid in the border bill that Langford negotiated.

clowns. instead of a border win now they got nothing months later.

edcalvi, rslfanboy and charlie15 repped this.
  20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    anytime i wonder how the Netherlands could have voted for wilders i log on to big soccer for the answer

21. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How so? No Democrat votes against Ukraine and Taiwan. It was only the Israel funding that got no votes from Democrats and they voted no for very different reasons than the hard right did.

22. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yes. The S-200 (aka SA-5 Gammon) is very large and very old. The one used by Ukraine had its targeting radar modified to receive data via Link16. So it only had to be turned on for a brief time before the intercept, rather than the 5 minutes it took for the missile to reach the target.

This is the Biden admin's talking point on the border but it's nonsense. The Murphy-Sinema-Lankford bill was dead on arrival. It purportedly had tough border enforcement provisions but they all came with waivers. So Biden merely had to certify they weren't in the interest of the US to enforce and he was off the hook. The GOP caucus is angry with Biden since he's basically refusing to enforce US law to the effect that people who enter illegally should be repatriated to their country of citizenship. So the proposed law didn't require him to change course. Mike Lee and Ted Cruz's staff read the bill and found those and other provisions and the bill was dead.

Trump did oppose the bill and McConnell (who supported it but voted against it) blamed Trump. But it was never going to pass a filibuster and ended up not even getting to 50 votes after 3 Democrats (Bernie Sanders, Bob Menendez, and Alex Padilla) came out against it for other reasons.
    Yes, the budget bills are really the only "must-pass" bills getting through Congress with control of both houses split and very narrow. The GOP should have put the border security stuff in the appropriations bills and dared the Dems to shutdown the government over immigration.

23. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such a relief and a boost for Ukraine and its soldiers. Very happy for them.

Jason Crow was on the phone to Ukraine troops, letting them know the bill would be passed, and the administration would be surging supplies to the Ukraine troops from our stockpile in Europe. It is getting packed and loaded as we speak.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  24. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Here it is

edcalvi and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  25. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    send these vatniks to moscow