Ukraine vs Northern Ireland [R] June 16th

Discussion in 'Group C - Germany, Ukraine, Poland, N.Ireland' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 14, 2016.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    When it takes 3 minutes to make one sub....

Anyway, 6 minutes of added time helped No. Ireland in the end. A 1-nil win would've made the Northern Irish happy, until they wake up tomorrow morning and realize they need a result against Germany to advance. But 2-nil means there are multiple ways in which they can advance. Well... first they have to root for Germany tonight.

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is not the only time this has happened though. Fomenko has really just threw games away since the 2014 World Cup Qualification.

1. Threw away a 2-0 lead against France and failed to go to 2014 World Cup
    2. Failed to get 3 points against Slovakia in two games
    3. Failed to beat Spain in their last qualifying game for best third place, while Spain started their second team, and Ukraine was having all the chances in the world.
    4. And now this failing to beat Northern Ireland

Yeah its a disgrace. Ukraine have the players to really be a serious team causing any team problems, but they are not getting anywhere near the best out of their players. Its even worse than Wilmonts for Belgium. At least Belgium only lost to Italy which is supposed to be one of the best in the world, but Northern Ireland, a team that hasn't been in the Euros for at least 30 years?

Also at least Belgium are scoring goals, but Ukraine just never score even with some of the best chances. Its ridiculous.

3. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    another northern ireland fan has died:unsure:

4. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I checked the qualifiers again, shows that what Fomenko did wasn't anything spectacular as Ukraine only faced Belarus, Macedonia and Luxemburg and in the play-offs Slovenia. Sadly Ukraine seems like Serbia; good players, bad coaches.

and my fantasy team sadly sank thanks to Konoplyanka and Fedetskiy :(

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly and even that draw with Slovenia in the second leg of the playoffs was not pretty at all. Slovenia were the better side for most of the game.

Hopefully Fomenko sacked now, and a new better coach will take over.

6. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did not see this one coming, I really thought Ukraine would be able to win this game.

It wasn't always pretty but well played Northern Ireland, deserved to win the game.

7. Thomas1930

Thomas1930 Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Northern Ireland didn't disappoint me. Exactly what I was predicting and expecting from them!

8. Davy911

Davy911 New Member

May 9, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As a northern ireland fan it was an incredible result. I was at the match and the atmosphere was magic. Will never forget it. Well done boys. Bring on the germans

Jamooky repped this.