Ukraine v Russia II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Apr 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Hertling is saying the russian offensive in the northeast is over, and that they will attempt to pivot to the east and south.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    upload_2022-5-14_4-34-37.png

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    NORML and Chesco United repped this.
  4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hertling claims he may have been injured in battle

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I did wonder when they made the threats who exactly they would send if their threat is meant to imply a conventional response. They don't even seem to have enough men/units to bolster their force within Ukraine.

7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want video. With Yakety Sax playing.

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many years after this war ends do you think it takes for Russia's army to rebuild?

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It obviously depends on how long the war goes on for, but if it only lasts till Christmas I dont think it will take too long.

The bigger problem for Russia will be war reparations, continued sanctions, and how the rest of the world views them. After the Berlin wall fell and the cold war ended Russians were pretty much accepted back into the Western world. That has changed now with what Putin has done.

Ukrainians will HATE Russians for a long, long time after this war ends. Same way rest of Europe hated Germans for a long time after WW2. Its as if Putin has set back the clock to 1945. Not smart! It doesnt benefit Russia nor the West

10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tangentially related to the topic.

Good read ( [emoji3468] ) about Finland’s ascension into NATO ans Russia implications

11. Depends on the GDP development of Rvssia, the capability to import crucial tech and the attitude of the targeted generation for conscript service.
    Despite all obstacles pushed in front of news and images on the internet this generation does see what's going on. So the reaction to this "rebuild" will be interesting.

diablodelsol repped this.
  12. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Almost as if Tracey works for team genocide

13. This weekend the Finals of the Eurovision Song Contest takes place.
    Because of the sentiment the Ukraine are given by bookmakers a 60% chance winning the contest.
    This sounds unfair.
    This is about artists giving their best to produce the best song for this contest's edition.
    If their efforts are diminished because of non artistic reasons, it's very unfair.
    We might as well give the stage solely to the contenders from the Ukraine and give the other contenders next year to compete.

I'm curious how well the bookmakers have gauged the sentiment

14. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because, of course they are… in the retreat out of Kharkiv area, Russians have blocked Luhansk and Donetsk separatists from crossing the border, so I guess they are just waiting for the Ukrainians to roll up and make them POWs…

Naughtius Maximus and spejic repped this.
  15. Werenot these "Russians" the reason/excuse for invading being fellow Russians bullied by nazis?

16. Anyway a good reminder for other Rvski separatists how they will be treated by their Rvssian brothers if/when push comes to shove. Left on your own with the enemy you have treated savagely closing in.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.

17. How long can they stay in this black hole that sucks the Rvssian forces dry.
    We come close to the point we should do a fast blitz invasion of rvssia to end for ever the nuclear threat in the hands of insane people and then go after everybody in the west who collaboreted with these assholes.

18. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read further down the thread and he says it looks like the Russian army will collapse sometime in June, while other articles are predicting August. It’s also not going to be a uniform collapse. The units doing the main fighting in Izyum and Donbas will be the first to collapse, while those around Kherson might be able to survive as they haven’t been doing that much fighting. Granted, if the rest if the front collapses, they might not want to stay in Kherson and make a beeline for Crimea.

19. Well, Ukraine won.

20. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh, who the f*ck cares?

21. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Believing current events or none performance sentiments having an effect on the outcome of Eurovision for the first time only in 2022

[​IMG]

22. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find this LBJ quote fitting for the separatists especially the last line, “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  23. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Kherson is the source of water for Crimea. If they can't hold Kherson, they can't hold Crimea. It will be the last place Russians defend, and they will do so fiercely.

Yoshou repped this.
  24. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Although often couched in scientific terms, the definition of who is in the in group and who is in the out group is always guided by what is expedient for the powerful. There is no greater expression of "political correctness" than racism.

russ and rslfanboy repped this.
  25. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was born in and grew up in Kentucky. There are people and places there that I deeply love. Which is why fact that the McConnell/Paul tandem gets not only elected, but routinely reelected, breaks my ********ing heart.

So I tell people that I left out of necessity, because I got arrested for trying to bring books into Kentucky. Fortunately, though, I got off on a technicality: nobody involved in the justice system there could prove they were books.

russ, Funkfoot, Kazuma and 6 others repped this.