Uja Paris

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by hypolithe_forever, Aug 21, 2008.

1. hypolithe_forever

hypolithe_forever New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    [​IMG]

Paris is the only one of the big European capitals to have only one football club in the first league, the PSG.

Ile-de-France counts more than 230 000 players and much more passionate persons of football. An enormous potential.

Can we create a new club in Paris?

A family club, an economic and sports long-term project, a club which federates at the same moment authorities, companies and inhabitants of Ile-de-France?

UJA Paris and WE have has dream join to realize this dream: the first football club in France co-managed by socios.

Former club web site : http://www.uja-foot.fr

Futur club web site : http://www.ujaparis.com (under construction)

Project web site : http://www.wehaveadream.com/NouveauxReves/Mon-club-de-foot.aspx

2. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    you do know who is in charge of this?

I am very sympathetic to any other parisian club, but this project sounds like a bad scheme, from a bad person, who has so far been in charge of a few clubs, and save one recently (in which he had almost nothing to do), they have all failed.

If I were you, I would go support Paris FC, ESSG, Creteil, or who knows who else in the amateur levels.

3. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    I know who is in charge of this project. I support the project because I played for the club 2 years ago when the team was in first regional division (UJA Alfortville).

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Hopefully Paris FC will make it up to Ligue 2 next year and that would be a better start than creating a new club that would start way down the amateur ranks.

5. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good point. With how it is currently, I'm sure there are many Parisians who could care less about PSG and then decide not to support a club. Once Paris FC moved to Ligue 2 and maybe down the line Ligue 1 (or any other of the other clubs based in Paris), it could any help the popularity of club football in Paris.

6. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    It is oldest than PSG and PFC.

UJA Alfortville was a modest departmental club between 1926, year of its foundation, and 1990s. After 1998, the ascent of the club is fast: promotion in PH in 1998, in DHR in 1999, in DSR in 2000, in DH in 2006, in CFA2 in 2007 then in CFA in 2008.

CFA is just under National and there are already more supporters for UJA than for PFC in the stadium

What I wish personally, it is that at least a popular club, appears finally in the professional football.

That can be PFC, UJA, Red Star or US Créteil.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    My ultimate dream is to see PSG, Paris FC, Red Star, and Racing club de France all in the top flight at the same time. I'm sure it will never happen but I still can dream.:)

8. Warrior51

Warrior51 New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    North Shore
    I think it makes more sense to fund Paris FC to get it the talent it needs to get to Ligue 1.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    It only makes sense to fund them because they are closer to Ligue 1 than the other teams are. It would make the more sense to fund a team with a bigger fanbase.

10. Parisien

Parisien New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Paris, France
    Paris FC has the best chance with the right backing of course.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    PSG cant even get the backing they deserve so I dont see how another area team could.

12. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe many Parisians just can't get into PSG, but they would jump on the bandwagon of another Paris club. Imagine if the only EPL club in London was Chelsea - think about how many people don't like Chelsea and who simply would not support a club if that scenario had played itself out.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Or maybe they're not enough Parisians who are interested in soccer to be able to support another big team. I know times are different now but when Racing Paris were in Ligue 1 I read that their support wasnt too big.

14. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're probably right - I was just thinking of any other possibilities. And all of France is set up, for the most part, in a one-club one-city format, so why should Paris be any different?

You know, this discussion has gotten me curious - when was the last time a French city had two clubs in the top flight?

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The last time was the 1989-90 season when you had PSG and RC Paris who finished 19th and got relegated and have never returned.

I still think Paris could support 2 top division teams under the right circumstances since times have changed.

16. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It should be different because 11 million people live in Ille de France, and could support their own league, if they were passionate enough about sports in that region. But It doesn't appear that they are, regardless of how many players come from that region. Alot of them are from lower icome areas and I bet most of them got in the game as a means of living not because of rabid fandom.

17. Warrior51

Warrior51 New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    North Shore
    I think Paris could break the current form and host two or more top tier clubs. Maybe smaller stadiums but it can be done and it may seem like the Parisiens wouldn't care but I think that they will once it's established.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes If you remember ten years ago, Red Star was in the 2nd division and had a plan to go up to Ligue 1 and play at the Stade de France but it all went wrong for them and they fell backwards instead.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Thought I'd bump this because they made it up to the National (3rd division) for this season. Also they are called UJA Alfortville not UJA Paris and current PSG player Jean-Eudes Maurice used to play for them. I dont think they will get much bigger because they seem to be a lot like Creteil.