Uhhhh so will UEFA have match highlights posted or not?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Freddie Adu, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Freddie Adu

Freddie Adu Member

Mar 6, 2003
    NYC
    Last year they updated within 16 hours of every match. WTF is this? Is it a pay service now or what?

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I was wondering about that myself. Did they do it for the first group stage last year?

3. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah, I was wondering this too! WTF?

4. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    we're getting close to a critical mass of bewilderment here. I feel enlightenment coming on with more bumps like these.

5. Freddie Adu

Freddie Adu Member

Mar 6, 2003
    NYC
    If anyone cares here are the Milan Ajax hightlights. It's all I could find.

mms://a1656.e.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1656/9811/7d39111236/soccerit.download.akamai.com/9811/AcMilan/file_stream/5229_str200.asf

6. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    My undestanding is that match highlights will become part of the new Action Pass (formerly Match Pass) subscription service. Here is the link for what is included in Action Pass:

http://uk.real.com/partners/uefa/?s...uef.000.000.000

There is something going on over UEFA.com as Tuesday's and Wednesday's audio match commentaries were not available. I don't think UEFA was ready to roll out the new Action Pass service in time for the start of the CL group stage.

This new service is supposed to include complete online video match replays of CL matches. My assumption is that those should be online after Thursday midnight Central European Time (which would be 6:00 PM in the Eastern U.S.) which is when Eurosport (the European cable channel) will be allowed to started airing match rebroadcasts.

Hope this answers your questions. I know it's probably not what you want to here.

7. GiggsNewWzrdOfHgwrts

May 9, 2003
    Chicago
    Full match on computer?

Are you going to watch a full streaming match on your computer? I think I'd almost prefer the highlights only as my computer chair isn't that comfortable. What about you guys? Those highlights last year rocked.

dan

8. Freddie Adu

Freddie Adu Member

Mar 6, 2003
    NYC
    *#*#*#*# UEFA. This is another example of those of us in the USA getting screwed since no TV show will show hilights of it here. Damn you greedy bastards. I will make you all burn in hell when Freddy Adu takes over the world.

9. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    To be honest I'm quite excited about being able to watch more than one CL match per week. I do have a comfortable office chair in front of my computer and have a 19" monitor to watch it on. I've been watching MLS matches on Yahoo Platinum this season and if the streaming is anything like it I will be very pleased. Besides, I may get more matches for a lower monthly price than I pay for those MLS matches.

10. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Right. He'll move to Europe and play in Champions League games that you'll either pay to watch on your computer or pay Setanta twenty bucks to see on the tube.

11. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Does anyone know which/what/how many complete matches are shown in this Action Pass deal? I don't want to pay $7 a month to watch a Kyiv - Moscow and only see highlights of Rangers - ManU or Real - Porto.

12. green_ghost7

green_ghost7 New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Honolulu, Hawaii
  13. deeeez

deeeez New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    CL in US

Hey guys I just joined the forum :)

From what I read (soccertv), ESPN Deportes (exclusively on DRIECTV) will broadcast daily starting october 1st. They will only broadcast from 8 am to 12 pm eastern time (for now). They will begin broadcasting 24 hours in 2004.

ESPN D has exclusive rights to CL matches and will broadcast a bunch of games every week.

Again, everything I just said above came from the soccertv newsletter.

Needless to say I CANT WAIT :)