Ugliest soccer uniform ever! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by TOTC, Aug 28, 2002.

1. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I believe the ugliest jerseys in the world are the peruvian national team and river plate.
    Who the hell came up with the idea of making a jersey look like they just won a state fair pageantry.

[​IMG]

Mexico's puebla is similar and besides that, they sponsor VW (has a big VW emblem in the center)

Pink jersey for a national team? answer: Korea
    [​IMG]

Other jerseys:
    Roma & Italy's muscle shirts.
    Cameroon's WNBA jersey.

2. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Not sure about the Blackburn away kit.

[​IMG]

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    True, True, but i think there are some practical uses for this shirt... for one, i think that they resemble terry cloth...

Also, picture the 2004 Miss Italy contestants in one of those, you cannot say that this does not have "evening gown" potential...

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Re: I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE COVENTRY SHIRT !

Coventry, in the early 1990s, also had checkered black/yellow, black/orange, and black/lime green strips.

I mean, COME ON. Who's the designer, Bob Mackie?

5. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    How can you not include the infamous 92-94 Norwich "green bird droppings" kit...

[​IMG]

6. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    That one has been mentioned before somewhere.

This old Man Utd shirt (1992-93) wasn't too clever:

[​IMG]

Man City's away kit wasn't much better mind:

[​IMG]

7. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Whilst Scotland's away kits are a whole thread in themselves, here are what I wold say are the two worst:

1993/4
    [​IMG]

1995/6
    [​IMG]

8. TruxHalapino

TruxHalapino New Member

Jun 19, 2002
  9. MikeyPez

MikeyPez New Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Jersey City NJ
    green and orange are fine, look @ Miami Hurricanes?

10. HinchaDeRiver

HinchaDeRiver New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Chilltown
    ************ you river shirts are ugly....Peruvian jerseys should ************ off w/ that River rip off....What kind of jersey does venezula have a purple, brownish ************ menstration color don't ever talk ************ about river u ************ing ************.....Venisuela dont even exist in SA futbol ur still sucking cuban dick thats why ur game is boreball(beisball) mutha************a

11. AvidSinger

AvidSinger New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Somebody needs a vocabulary lesson....

12. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I think Hincha's a bit miffed. He was so angry he didn't post a picture of that Venezuala kit. I'm in a good mood, so I don't care that I can't spell the said S. American country :).

13. MikeyPez

MikeyPez New Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Jersey City NJ
    argentina
    Bolivia
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    French Guiana
    Guyana
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Suriname
    Uruguay
    Venezuela

Thata al the countries spelt correctly. As for river hincha. You're a grade A ass-hole!

[​IMG]

14. MikeyPez

MikeyPez New Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Jersey City NJ
  15. MikeyPez

MikeyPez New Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Jersey City NJ
  16. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I did a module in the 1st year on Latin American history, so you'd think I'd know how to spell the names of the countries. My dissertation is on Colombian politics as well.

Teplice (Cze.) 1999-2000

[​IMG]

Shonan Belmare (Jpn.) 2000

[​IMG]

17. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    all foreign uniforms are bad because of the way over the top corporate advertising. how bad would a ny yankees uniform look with AUTOGLASS written across the chest like chelsea? american sports are far superior for that reason to foreign sports. it just isn't cool walking around with a shirt on that says AUTOGLASS on the front. very very un-cool

18. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    oh yeah.. mls kits are soo much cooler than everything else.. the only reason mls doesnt have them is because it isnt the "american" way to advertise although i think that soccer is the only sport that should have sponsors on their jerseys. plus it implies that the teams are worth spending big money sponsoring which shows legitimacy.

so i guess if you think that not making money is superior to making money than youre right

19. MikeyPez

MikeyPez New Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Jersey City NJ
  20. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    i'll say it again. if you were a blue shirt that says AUTOGLASS OR VODAFONE or O2, etc. on it you are a dork

21. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    So everyone who buys a football shirt except Barca fans are a dork ?. How can you remove the sponsor without ruining the shirt and an iron ?. I stopped wearing club shirts because they're made of horrid nylon.

Blame Kettering Town FC for shirt sponsors. They came up with the idea.

22. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    u must admit that the advertising ruins the kit, especially here in usa. u try and be cool and wear a european football shirt. the problem is when the most obvious thing on the shirt is "VODAFONE" everyone thinks you are selling phone cards or something

23. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    True, but the money is quite nice, especially if it keeps your club from folding. It's a necessary evil. Maybe it's the case in the USA, where there isn't shirt advertising, but other places, like European teams tend to have audiences who focus on the shirt colour(s) and the badge. It's what you're used to.

24. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alice,
    Mrs. Brady wants to know why you sold her house dress to be made into a football kit.

Love,
    Mike Brady