UFC 76 - Knockout: Anaheim[R]

Discussion in 'MMA' started by TheSlipperyOne, Sep 22, 2007.

1. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I double checked and I couldn't find a thread for this yet. And I couldn't believe there wasn't one.

A great lineup of fights tonight including the big 3:

Lidell v. Jardine (both coming off of 1st round knockout losses with something to prove)

Shogun Rua v. Griffin (I've never seen Rua fight so I'm excited and Griffin is a battler who requested this match!)

Diego Sanchez v. Jon Fitch (two top fighters at their weight; Fitch has won 6 straight UFC fights)

Those fights alone are going to be worth it because I think they'll all be great to follow up on the excellent Ultimate Fight Night last Wed.

The crowd should be rocking. The last PPV they put on there was a sellout.

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Tyson Griffin v. Thiago Alves fight in the lightweights was excellent.

Fitch v. Sanchez was good but Fitch was just too strong and enforced his will the entire time.

Forrest Griffin v. Shogun Rua was friggin' awesome! Griffin is the mother********in' man! What a great fight and amazing performance by Forrest.

I can't wait for Liddell/Jardine next!

3. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    I missed the first showing because I was playing cards all night long.

As far as the results go i can some it up in
    two words "Holy Shit" I will order it today or tommorow.

I should have order it on Saturday I would have save myselfa lot of money.

4. Diakonov

Diakonov Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great night of fights! Some big upsets. The Shogun v. Griffin was suprising but I had feeling Griffin could pull it off. I however thought Jardine had no chance against Liddell, Jardine proved me wrong. Kind of sucks though because if Chuck won he was going to fight Wanderlei, I was really looking forward to that fight. Now what, does Jardine fight Wandy?

5. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall the card was much more exciting than I thought it was going to be.
    first - tavares and sanchez were ripped off, really bad decisions.

the Liddell fight was a complete shocker- Jardine stood toe to toe with liddell and just destryed his ribs an front leg.

the Griffin fight was as big of a shocker if you have seen Rua fight before.

the cage is a different animal than the ring.

6. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    The dean of mean won because he scored a lot of points in the amount of kicks he connected on, and the knock down. How many hard kicks did Mean hit him with 30?

To the Icemans credit he did not even flinch when those kicks connected and they had to hurt.

So who will Wandy fight? Actually there a lot of guys he can fight Tito Ortiz for one.

7. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    The Tyson Griffin v. Thiago Alves fight in the lightweights was excellent.

Great fight Griffin was an animal in that fight.

8. Diakonov

Diakonov Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Jardine destroyed Chuck's left side. Ortiz vs. Silva could make sense considering Tito has a win against Silva and Silva could be looking to avenge that loss, still it just doesn't have the same allure as Liddell vs. Silva. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Silva vs. Griffin, since Griffin just beat his Chute Boxe buddy.