UFC 74: Respect :: August 25th, Las Vegas

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Bison1997, Jul 23, 2007.

1. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Saw how badly Coture busted up Gonzaga. You could see the bloody dripping down onto Randy's shoulder. I'm surprised that GG made it that far after getting his nose smashed.

GSP dominated JS and at one point GSP is trying to get the submission and he seemed to be sitting on Joe's head.

Cote just held down and smashed Grove.

Watched the fights from the Fleet Club here in Esquimalt and the French-Canadians had huge support here from their fellow Francophones.

2. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    "Saw how badly Coture busted up Gonzaga. You could see the bloody dripping down onto Randy's shoulder. I'm surprised that GG made it that far after getting his nose smashed."

Get this in the match remember when Couture blocked one of Gonzagas high kicks? That kick broke Coutures arm.
    ----------------------------
    Try being a back and having to head alot of balls after having your nose broke going up for another header in the same soccer game. Now that is major fun. :)

3. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couture's the man - wonder how many more fights he has left in him. He's off to shoot a Scorpion King prequel in October, so he's likely done fighting for the calendar year.

4. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    Babalu Sobral is in a little trouble. He had an arguement with Heath at the weigh in.

Sobral beat him up in the match notice all the blood in the cage before the first televised fight? Then he wins by Anaconda choke and referee stops the fight after Heath taps out. But it seems Sobral forgot to give up the hold even after the official said stop. He put Heath to sleep and glared at the official. :) Imagine if there were no witnesses around. Heath would be a dead MMA fighter now.

Sobral is in big trouble they held 25 thousand of his winners purse. He is not going to see that money and how about at least a year suspention. I am starting to love that maniac. :)

5. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were wonderng why all the blood. I am surprised you like to see guys loose control. I always thought that being a fighter the biggest asset was to mentally control your aggression. Oh well he can be a bad ass bur Babalou will never be a champion. You need much more decipline than that.

6. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    My problem no matter how old I get I still have a bad temper at times can't help it. I got in trouble just recently at 60 yrs old imagine that. Had an argument with some stranger he hit me first knocked out one of my upper front teeth it is fixed now. I defend myself problem was I don't know when to stop.

I did it in front of witnesses and I got arrested.

7. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree with this. At this level aggression is necessary but the best of the best can also control their aggression. Yeah, this was just a choke out which ended the fight but if you lose control while standing up (or in a lot of positions) you are going to get ended fast.

8. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worse than a suspension - this comes from http://www.wrestlingobserver.com:

Can't say that I'm surprised - White and the Fertitta brothers want to really take UFC mainstream and stuff like that can only hurt their attempts -the sport's going to have tough enough of a time battling the general public's preconceived notions about MMA.

9. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    This was something Royce grace himself used to do when the UFC first started if he got mad at a fighter or if the fighter said he did not tap in his first fight of the night. He would hold the submission on the next fighter he would take on.

Did you see the Bobalo fight it is on where I posted it.

I wonder if White still has to pay his contract even though he dropped him?