UEFA'08: Ukraine vs. Italy

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by yurchishin79, Sep 10, 2007.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    finally, even though the free kick sucked.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sheva 1-1 with 15 minutes to go. Nice to see Voronin and Hladky both in already.

3. dynamok

dynamok New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
    we got nothing to loose but the trip to EURO-08, we should put Milevsky in as well :)

4. atikiN

atikiN New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    NYC
    2-1 anouth goal on the counter for the italians

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    urodi......:mad:

6. dynamok

dynamok New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Shelaev PIDAR!

7. atikiN

atikiN New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    NYC
    Your wish has been granted

8. dynamok

dynamok New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
    To late though. Well, it was a good run. We need to start builing a team for 2012.

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    a whole team and a coach.

10. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ughh, so effing frustrating:(. Well, I hope Blokha learns his lessons, becuase next time we won't have Sheva, Rebrov and maybe Voronin. We need to build new team with new players.

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

What the fuck are you talking about? What lessons? Italy has talent, we don't. Blokhin did the best he can do with players he has. The generation of Holovko, Dmytrulin, Luzhny, Kosovsky is gone. What we've got is SaSho, Sheva, Rebrov, Voronin and a few talentless shrubs or outright pups, which happen to be the best a country can produce. I do not see how Lippi, Trappatoni, Beckenbauer, Domenech, or anybody can make winners out of these guys. What Blokhin did in WC2006 Qualification is enough to build him a mausoleum, as far as I am concerned.

At the very least, we put up a fight and had chances. What is Hiddink going to tell HIS employer after that Wembley stinker? Do you think Hiddink would have done better with Ukraine than Blokhin? I don't think so.

12. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    First off, chill! We are all upset.
    Second, maybe you could tell me how our last game with Georgia was not a strategic mistake - substituting Kalinichenko instead of Voronin when we needed more offense to win the game after they equalized?
    Third, today's game, of course Italy is talented, but Donadoni is not doing a good job at all now with the squad he has. Who did they have up front, except Di Natale? Gilardino is struggling, Iaquinta sucks, Inzaghi is old and useless most of the time and they did not have Gattuso in the middle. We had our chances, but our defense failed once again.

I am not saying that Blokhin is bad, but he did make mistakes, which were costly. I don't want to compare Russia with us, and they still have more chances than we do though in any case.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Bloxa did good, but he can still be criticized. Nobody is saying Ukraine is more or just as talented as Italy, but the mentality of a team that he instills is wrong. We play not to lose and that's wrong. They way we started this game is how we should play every game. Also, Bloxa needs to be more aggressive with the line-up, especially if only a win will do.

14. dynamok

dynamok New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Agreed, noone could have done better today.

100% true, he lost this game tactically, this was his loss.

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Ok...first, I think we looked really good in defence and in the center of the pitch. Much better than usual. We were stringing together passes. The movement of players off the ball left much to be desired. We were actually quite successful in getting the ball to the Italian goal, but it was specifically in the attacking third of the field where all of our intentions broke down. The decision-making and the proper tactical movement of players are to blame.

Other than letting Pirlo run around on the wing and cross the ball freely, the defense looked much sturdier than usual. Hell I'd say it looked almost reliable.

and now the questions that I'd like to ask Blokhin..

Who the ******** is Gay and where was Voronin?