UEFA Women's Euro 2022 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by shlj, Jul 7, 2021.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    One year to go to the tournament start at Old Trafford.

And the important ticketing news, the VISA pre-sale starts in 6 days on the 13 July.

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Tickets are on sale now if you have a visa card.

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ticketing update from UEFA as pre-sale is now finished:

More than 140,000 out of 700,000 already sold.
    53,000 sold for the Wembley final.
    Fans from 68 countries have bought ticket and 47% are female.

UEFA Women's EURO 2022: key dates

28 October 2021: tournament draw, to be broadcast live from Manchester. Beginning of the public ballot application window
    Mid-February 2022: Tickets to go on general sale
    6 July 2022: Opening match, at Old Trafford
    31 July 2022: Final, at Wembley Stadium

A lot of people have bought tickets without knowing which teams they will watch, except for the England fans of course as we already know that they will play in Manchester, Brighton and Southampton.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Another interesting fact is the match schedule is provisional instead of being set up in stones as it is usually done. This is done so to avoid getting things like the Netherlands playing at the Manchester Academy Stadium as it can only hold 7.000 fans.

Attached Files:

L'orange repped this.
  5. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    They are betting hard that the English will be in the finals. I mean really?? 53k tickets sold just for the final? A third of the total ticket sales. I mean its good news, but at the same time we don't know who is getting to it yet unless they used an octopus to predict who will be in the finals.

6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Its like me buying Superbowl tickets prior to the season starting not knowing if my favorite team will even get to the playoffs yet besides getting to the finals.

7. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  8. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Too bad the Champions League finalists aren't there. But then they'd probably have to play each other right away so there would be an American team in the final.

9. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Bayern and PSG already formidable for NWSL teams anyways. But I'm hoping in future to bring in 8 teams together with 4 top NWSL teams vs 4 top Euro teams.

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think a lot of fans want to experience a final regardless of who will make it. There might a lot of non English fans buying those tickets.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Says Man Academy holds 4700 instead of 7000. Reason for that?

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Tournament configuration is my guess, it does reduce capacity due safety rules and other logistical reasons. Maybe they don't want the standing areas.

JanBalk repped this.
  13. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    I can't imagine holding any Euro 22 matches in a venue that holds only 7,000. That is absurd. Seriously?

Klingo3034 repped this.
  14. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    It's going to be a monster tournament, we know that. Weren't 7 of the 8 World Cup quarterfinalists from Europe? A large group of good/very good teams. I hope Sarina Wiegman knows what she's gotten into as new England coach: The pressure for England to perform well and win the tourney will be enormous. England could do it but wouldn't now be among my top three or four favorites, I don't think.

Disapproving Hippo and sbahnhof repped this.
  15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They
    Games like Finland v Iceland or Switzerland v Russia will be allocated to that stadium.

Most tournaments organizers do a Stadium pass ticket where you buy tickets for all the games in the same ground. But the FA has decided not to. That's how you sell tickets to the game that do not have any big names.

It is a bizzare move. I bought tickets for all the games at Brentford but it was a pain to do so.

L'orange, Klingo3034 and JanBalk repped this.
  16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It looks like Denmark and Poland have applied to organise Euro 2025:

Klingo3034 and blissett repped this.
  17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well the FA are selling discount tickets for the group stage to schools.
    An unusual move.

18. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Smart move, future fans.

Every Four Years repped this.
  19. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Should host the Euros in Spain or Italy.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    lol yeah, but can you really lose with tickets for a final of a major int'l tournament? Even if you don't care to watch anyone except your country, it won't be difficult to resell your tickets. For e.g. if the Dutch are in the final, you know they'll be 30,000 driving in from the Netherlands, many looking for a ticket.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  21. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Resell it at a higher price.

22. Disapproving Hippo

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 17, 2021
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck to Wiegman. England's backline is very shaky and their frontline only have Ellen White as their legit scorer, particularly in big competitions. I hope she doesn't retire yet but if she does, I don't see anyone right now who can replace her.

kolabear and Lechus7 repped this.
  23. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    The ones I know so far is Beth England and Fran Kirby. Not to mention Parris.

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Beth England has limited technical ability that's why she is a second string player at Chelsea now. Parris well, think Tom Daley. Kirby does not play very often at 9 nowadays at least centrally like in the England set-up.

England at the same time thrive in the 4-3-3 that England use, but again lack of playing time that's why she did not make the Olympics squad. Man United use Ella Toone as a false 9, that might be an idea to explore. There is also Ebony Salmon who has a great future if she carries on developing.

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Germany are so terrible right now that they won’t win lol, and France has a pretty awful coach :confused: And I don’t think England will win it either, so here to hope for surprise winner :whistling:

oh well, Sweden might take it though