UEFA Supercup: Internazionale Milano vs. Atlético de Madrid [R]

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by marakana11, Aug 25, 2010.

1. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    We can't play possession football without width. That is what Rafa hasn't yet realized it seems. I know he is trying, but Mourinho understood this fact only in his second season when he changed us to play counter-attacking football against European sides.

I saw the same problems as Mourinho had in his first year, prinicapally a lack of width and a box to box midfielder who can distribute the ball alongside Sneijder. I will stand by the management as long as he keeps trying, but I didn't like the fact that he didn't change much during the second half.

He brought on Coutinho and Pandev and tried to switch the system to a 4-4-2 when we were already in too deep of a hole.

This is hardly encouraging, but I am optimistic, and it's still early in the season.

2. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    For the first statement your absolutely right while with the second I don't agree.

Mou 2 years back come, got wingers on the market and tried to make a team at his taste, soon he realized it doesn't work and used exactly what Mancini used to win the Seria A, smart eh. In his second year he again shuffled the team in something different and he hit the jack pot when Chivu got injured when he made Zanetti play there, witch was a bit lucky IMO as we still struggled to that point.

Now the whole difference between Ben's starting and Mou's is that Mou essentially had to built something and integrate new players in his system. Built a hole new team. While Ben got a finished product with no new arrivals that would justify his awkward changing. Therefor his rather stupid or something when he disrupts the harmony that already existed because he has no reason to do so. Against Roma for example he added Deki and the team worked well in the second half, the same firkin system Mou used.

Even more worrying is that he failed to even see the weak points and just added 2 players that could bring something by there own with no real logic. Chivu was leaking all night long, Zanetti and Deki were lost and top 3 were completely cut off. Even now when I read his comment he says we lost the midfield, why the hell he didn't do something to fix it? Making Deki play more to the middle would be a good start if he opted for 4-4-2 after the half time.

Seems he doesn't know what to do if the original plan doesn't work and plan sucked from the start. I just knew right after the team was announced we will suffer.

3. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Yes, I was really surprised when I saw Stankovic starting.

4. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Its not not a problem with Deki he still has it and can deliver he just lacks speed, he totally misplaced him. He would give 50% more in Zanetti's position as that is his natural spot. I really cant blame any of the players today Rafa messed the whole system from the start and failed to even see the most simple things that even birds on trees know.

I mean how in hell can you expect that he will burst threw wings when he lacks speed and cant shot from there since its his main attribute. He also robbed us from his trademark long passes when he put him there. He thought Cambiasso would run the show in the middle, everybody knows Cambi's limitations on the ball. And Zanetti basically played between Lucio and Samuel barely touching the ball all game long.

Thank God we didn't acquire Mascherano as this would be a total nightmare.

5. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    And so it's begun.

The inevitable descent.

6. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    It definitely looks like it, but I am curious to see us versus Bologna.

7. Syzygy

Syzygy New Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You reminded me of watching Liverpool in 09/10. :(

For your sakes I hope Rafa can make you into a combination of Inter 09/10 and Liverpool 08/09. That would be a great side to watch.

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Just cuz of one loss? Gimmie a break, guys. :confused:

9. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I'm trying not to overreact. And logically it's almost a pre-season game. But to play like that against a defense and central midfield that lack really good quality is a bit worrying Metro.

The wide areas of Atletico hurt us, and that's a problem Jose saw and corrected. That's why Pandev and Eto'o both started playing a little further out, while Milito was given the central role.

I am curious to see if Rafa makes adjustments towards width, because I don't think he will be able to bring out the Mourinho like counter-attacking football in Europe.

I hope I am wrong.

10. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Reminds me of 2009 Supercoppa Italiana against Lazio.

That season turned out pretty good.

;)

11. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Hardly the same we dominated every aspect of that game and lost from 2 counters.

We are no way on decline as long as Rafa can hide his fat ego and live with what Mou left him. The biggest danger is that he gets hurt by comments and does some bs stuff just to prove everybody wrong.

I think Mou hurt him recently. lol

12. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bit late guys but completely outplayed couldn't believe it, when Sneijder gets shutdown in midfield we have zero creativity, when Milito gets shutdown upfront we have zero goal threat. Why the ******** did Rafa persist with this shit for so long? It was pretty obvious by the 50th minute if nothing changed we would never score, was he hoping we got lucky with an error or setpiece or something? And what the ******** was Sneijder doing as a CF half the bloody time?!! Milito has been poor for 2 games now he is not un-benchable he should of been subbed with Eto'o being the CF and bringing on either Goran/Biabiany. Deki/Cuchu/Zanetti midfield is just overkill Deki needs to GTFO give his minutes to either Mariga or hell Sulley would do a better job even.

I saw Moratti at the game hopefully this will sway his mind to actually do something in this mercato before it's too late.

Eto'o was our most dangerous player and the best on the park, so why the F** doesn't he ever get the ball from teammates? And why the hell did it take Rafa until the 75th MINUTE to push him up alongside Diego?? And like I said Deki has had it: he's in the same catergory as Matrix and Cordoba now, great club man but really shouldn't be getting any minutes unless there is absolutely nobody else to step in. We aren't Bilan and we aren't a retirement home.

It's pretty clear Atletico just wanted it more.