UEFA Nations League || 12 & 18 Nov || Netherlands and Italy || Amsterdam & Sarajevo

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Sudžuka, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    have seen Marco Simone mentioned as the next potential manager. His last job was for a club in the Moroccan second division, back in 2019.

2. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Not sure about SImone but a foreign manager would be a welcome change provided they have a reputable background, understand bosnian culture AND have specific ideas on how to improvement things. BIHPL coaches should be avoided at all costs if the FA are serious about anything.

3. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    We have the coaching candidates we deserve.

5. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Am I missing something? Savo Milosevic wouldn't be a bad option.

6. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Considering the situation we’re in and the other names being, mentioned he wouldn’t be horrible.

7. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    He's an improvement over any BIHPL coach for sure but I'm hoping he would also be an improvement over tactically clueless ex-Yugo coaches like Prosinecki and Bajevic. If not then the same issues will continue until this national team sinks to the level Albania and Macedonia were at not too long ago.

8. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Ivaylo Petev being interviewed for the job

9. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Bringing in also rans to start us off, another strange name brought in as well. Hopefully someone capable ends up being hired but not holding my breath.

10. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Brah, this is absurdistan, why would you even think this is possible

11. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hahaha I cancelled out my own optimism almost immediately after. Now Mamić is saying Petev is the best we can do... meanwhile Serbia called up Wenger. Crazy on their part but at least they’re thinking outside the box.

12. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Some random Bulgarian guy who couldn’t win the Croatian league with Dinamo Zagreb sounds exactly the type of guy to get hired by our savez.

I think Dinamo won 11 straight league titles before he took over.

13. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Reading that Sergej Barbarez and Sergej Jakirović are possible options. I don't think Barbarez will be an option, not sure he had ever even coached before.

Jakirovic recently managed maribor

14. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Sergej Barbarez will never be the NT coach, or anyone that has passion for the Team and country

15. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    The more this goes on, the more unclear it is who is even really being considered as a candidate. Barbarez would be an ok candidate but he has absolutely no coaching experience which makes it tricky.

16. Khamzat UFC

Khamzat UFC Member

Manchester United
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 9, 2020
    Petev is Mamic's choice so that the Croat herzegovina football mafia can control our NT

It would be RIP BiH reprezentacija if that happenes

17. Khamzat UFC

Khamzat UFC Member

Manchester United
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 9, 2020
    Considering the choices our best candidate is Barbarez

A) he actually loves our country

B) we have a 4 year plan to qualify for Euro 2024 so we have nothing to lose if it turns out he sucks because we can easily sack him after world cup qualifiers

C) I just want him choosen to spite the Chetniks and Ustase. Nothing makes me happier than seeing these facsists in agony.

Only negative is his lack of experience. Then again Andriy Shevchenko had no experience and look what he has managed to do with Ukraine.

18. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    If Barbarez gets the job and gets sacked, his successor will be our seventh national team coach in less than 10 years. Is that really a path you want to see this team take?

Shevchenko only very recently started doing fairly well with Ukraine. Back in 2017, Ukraine failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup despite needing just a point in their final game against Croatia at home which they lost 0-2. This time around, it was easier to qualify than it was not to qualify.

19. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I think shevchenko also initially started as an assistant, later promoted to head manager.

20. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  21. Khamzat UFC

Khamzat UFC Member

Manchester United
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 9, 2020
    Ok lets take Petev instead. Im sure he will do a much better job and turn us into Portugal...

22. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    My biggest issue with Petev is the fact that Mamic is pushing hard for him publicly (lord knows what he is doing privately). I’m tired of having a national team where managers/agents just push their own so blatantly.

23. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Where exactly did I write, hinted or even implied that I was in favor of Petev?