UEFA in danger of losing World Cup slots?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by zahzah, Jun 22, 2014.

1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    What is there in common if Rous didn't order actions by himself? Then the only similarity is that he has a high executive function and is/should be accountable. There's no similarity with regards to what he himself proposed or did.

UEFA countries are very good in competing against each other rather than 'united rest of the world'.

2. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Here some more that plays in your hands, LOL

http://keirradnedge.com/2015/03/05/...re-of-old-doping-scandals-in-german-football/

http://www.dw.de/new-evidence-in-bundesliga-doping-scandal/a-18305184
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Mayer-Vorfelder

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/members/people=37436.html

3. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Just stop and think for a minute. We might even lose 1 spot in 2022. So what.

Uruguay wont have such a powerful attack, their defence is and has always been awful.

Brazil is trully a question mark since they produce talents like it's something natural. Im talking about talents not just valid players.

Messi will have retired. Tell me please if there is anyone aged 18-22 who has even shown marks of a nearly similar path like messi. Argentina will be nothing special then.

Chile , nothing special to be honest, average team that managed to beat the worst spain of the last 8 years. I respect that team, however, because without any particular superstar (maybe except Sanchez) they played realy nice and enjoyable ball, their defence however was pathetic.

Colombia is another questionmark, they seem to be in their hype right now. Future is as well unknown for them.

Europe , on the other hand, is as a total a talent producer. Due to better leagues, more money on the table, better structures available for players to play/learn/succeed. They have the upper hand when it comes to future.

To sum up, we ll lose one spot in one world cup(Africa can take it , not much of a deal) and we'll take it back in the next one. Not any of the Americas, not Asia for sure, Africa is not going to keep it.

Also the fact that everyone b*tches about FIFA being corrupt and helping Europe, while noone commented about the 2022 WC being held in Qatar(I didn't see any Asians minding,but apparently the Russia one was a bad choice due to cold?-Talking generally and not about this Forum/Thread/Posters) really makes me put my hands up.

You watch champions league every week,Your best players PLAY in european leagues. Europe is the center of football, and as long as it is,good players are going to keep being born like a machine gun that is shooting bullets.

The fact that its been a year almost, and this Thread is still open is kind of sad.

4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, Greece will be better than Brazil and Argentina in WC22 :coffee:

5. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    The fact that you only bring Greece as an example shows your lack of reason. Our teams that left the tournament earlier than Greece(Spain,Italy,England) will do better than Brazil and Argentina.

Moreover, the fact that you have no comment for the fact that Southamerican economical disfunctions will hold you back in the upcomming future, even more than they do now, shows that you just replied to me, so that you have the last word.

However, since you mentioned my NT, Greece did better than the previous Asian Champion(Japan, if you are not aware- just making sure) and the current African Champion(Ivory Coast, Cote d'Ivoire - if you are not aware).So based on the last world cup, Greece had a successfull run.

Even if Greece is not one of the teams that take spots in "your" upcomming World cups. Teams like Serbia,Poland,Ukraine and Czech Republic(would put Sweden too,but I myself have mentioned in a previous comment that stars get older and teams get weaker)are teams with talent, if it was able to measure it, much more than the teams of South America that did not qualify. Intercontinental play-offs could be an option for 4 of our spots and : 1 spot of Conmenbol , 1 spot of Asia , 1 spot of Africa and 1 spot of Northern Americas, but that is something I doubt you want.

6. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Go away you sad troll. Any of Argentina's provinces produce a team that can beat the likes of Serbia, Poland, Ukraine and the Czech Republic, possibly combine all of them and they would still lose to Cordoba province. Your NT plays rubbish football and obviously has stupid fans to boot.

7. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

Your need to decreace my existence and the fact that you love to add how bad football Greece plays shows your young age, or at least that of your brains. You ve realised long enough that you have lost this argument misserably and that your opinions are like dust in the wind. Its been a long while since any of the south american teams won a trophy(except the ones when they only compete each other - lol face added here). This only shows the superiority of the European teams. Apart from that the Euro, is considered more fascinating than the WCs by many Europeans, while im pretty sure(to be honest im a bit more than 100% sure) that that thing does never happen with the other confederations.

Europeans rule football nowadays. If you have acquired complexes due to not being born in the right period, please, stop trying to boo other countries. Besides, there are more things than football you should get angrier about, like the shadow in which Brazil WC 2014 was held and the Brazilian kids that were forced to evacuate the places they call home, so that you Southamericans, have easier and cheaper access to the WC Stadiums.

You can accuse the so-hated Greece for playing ugly football, but when holding the Olympic games in 2004, we never forced anyone to leave(there have also been accusations of killing people),but instead helped the poor and homeless. One thing brings the other, Humane culture brings sportmanship, but sportmanship takes it away in the Brazil occassion?

8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina at WC14:

Bosnia -- NEXT!
    Switzerland -- NEXT!
    Belgium -- NEXT!
    Netherlands -- NEXT!

Lost against a powerful Germany only because DiMaria wasn't there. Against garbage team Greece it would have been 4-0 by halftime most likely. So stick to humanitarian work by all means, since your country blows at football.

9. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    If 1 goal difference makes you believe that you dominated the whole Europe(while in fact you did not face any powerhouses until the final) then all I can say is Bravo. You keep acting childish and your arguments seem like those of a 15 years old. 2010, when Greece did not have that good of a Defence, you barely beat Greece 2-0 so I trully doubt 4-0 is how such a match would end.

All those matches you posted were won AET or via Penalties(except Bosnia). For someone bashing 2nd-level European teams, about them being useless and unneeded in the Tournament, as you said yourself, these matches should have ended far easier in favor of Argentina than they did.

You just keep ridiculing yourself, without maybe realising what you,yourself is saying. Ι am not even getting in the trouble to start a conversation about what you just said about not giving a f*ck about how corrupt FIFA WC 2014 was and the shadows in which the cup was held,but somehow find 13 classy European teams pretty corrupt and in favor of UEFA.

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Likewise, Argentina never even got close to playing the football to their potential, still managed to eliminate any European team it faced except Germany. The wins against Bosnia and Belgium were rather comfortable despite the scoreline, Switzerland also pretty much bunkered all match long except the last five minutes after DiMaria's goal.

Your last underlined sentence makes no sense, and I'm not sure what you mean by "classy" but if it's to describe the football played by those teams, there were certainly not thirteen classy UEFA sides at the WC.

11. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I don't understand the few that come here and actually think that UEFA is heavily favored despite the last couple of tournaments being predicted against them. Regardless of quality ratio and wtv other argument used, it isn't so, but for the sake of believing that, the european teams have done enough to at least hold that nr 1 for years to come. The 2nd tier teams of other confederations don't even come close to UEFA's strenght. If you want to fall in the illusion that it isn't so, then all of you 3 or 4 biased anti-UEFA users in this forum can focus your bs in this thread. It's what the internet is for. Enjoy.

verde-rubro repped this.
  12. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually, I thought Argentina-Bosnia was one of the best and most competitive matches of group play. Bosnia had more shots on goal 11 to 5, and corner kicks 6 to 2. Ball possession was 55-45 for Argentina. The difference in the match really was the 3rd minute own goal. Just a very bad break for Bosnia.

Argentina-Belgium was also a 50-50 match. In fact, ball possession was 51-49. Shots were the same, shots on goal were 7-4 for Argentina, with Belgium having one more corner kick. Argentina was obviously impaired by the loss of Di Maria in the 33rd minute, but also had good luck with the goal that won the match set up by a deflection that caromed right to Higuain, although to his credit Higuain did a good job taking advantage of the deflection.

Pipiolo repped this.
  13. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

Considering then that not all 13 teams were good,thats exactly what I mean, not the football played, but the results taken.So, considering that your so hated Greece, the worst team of the worst teams, the worst football of the worst footballs, the worst worst of the worst worsts, should not be in the Tournament,but instead spots should be given at Asia and Africa, you have yet not given me an answer, about how one of the weakest European teams defeated the Strongest African team and got a draw against the strongest Asian team in the tournament with 10 men(which if you saw the match-but you didn't,coz Greece is the worst of the worst).

1)You have easily given Conmenbol an excuse, because giving Americas any more places(half of the teams qualify, and somehow you are not even close to happy with that,plus with the host being Brazil, it was 6 out of 10 teams), but have mentioned numerous times that Africa and Asia deserve those spots. This is where your argument just doesn't make any sense. You still haven't answered that despite me saying this at least 3 times in the last 1,5 day. It is easily understood that you are trying to avoid to answer.

2)Moreover,you haven't answered to me how you can be so angry about 1 or even 2 spots that Europe holds,calling FIFA corrupt and saying that FIFA FAVORS UEFA, but you never did/will sweat your tongue, about all the shadow in which the WC 2014 was held at Brazil,which being held there only favored the Americas.

Only when you answer to these 2 Questions of me reasonably, will I be able to understand your demand.

14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think you're confusing me with someone else, as I have not made those arguments.

What I took issue was your incredibly arrogant speculation that countries like Poland, Serbia, Ukraine and Belgium were going to overtake Brazil and Argentina in talent production soon enough. There is no basis for this absurd claim other than your wild imagination. Brazil or Argentina have provided the greatest player of the generation since the post-war era in five out of seven decades.

50s: DiStefano
    60s: Pele
    70s: Cruyff
    80s: Maradona
    90s: Ronaldo
    00s: Zidane
    10s: Messi

15. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

Still not answering :/.

I did not disagree about Messi, Pele, Ronaldo and Maradona being the best players of their era, there is even more legends to be named, like Ronaldinho Kaka, Zidane. I take you did not understand my comment exactly so I will take time to explain.What do most of these have in common? They are Brazilian. Here is what I said a bout Brazil in my comment that you did not even bother understanding:
    Brazil is trully a question mark since they produce talents like it's something natural. Im talking about talents not just valid players.
    Argentina is right now focusing its 100% power on Messi. You can believe that's wrong as much as you like but getting him MVP after every match means,if he is there to touch the ball they re good. Brazil will keep on producing TALENTS, but im pretty sure it will be tough for Argentina to escape the Messi nets( a.k.a once Messi stops being this much productive, this much energetic and kinetic, you will have to find another plan, another strategy to keep up on top competitive football level.

Further more, one player doesn't bring success, at least this is what the German final against Argentina and the semifinal against Brazil taught us.

Can you stop avoiding my previous comments and answer ?

16. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't know what your question is and not sure how it's relevant to this topic. By the way, when you have a player of Messi's level it makes sense to build the team around him exclusively, Germany, Italy, Spain, England, France, etc. would also do this if they only had that type of player.

The hottest player in Serie A this season right after the WC is Paulo Dybala, find his nationality. In the EPL, Aguero is top three candidate for Player of the Year.

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It was?

108thLegendary repped this.
  18. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess you can argue that a 1-0 win is never comfortable, but notwithstanding that view, Belgium never threatened Argentina with equalizing. The one true near miss in the match was Higuain's great run and shot against the crossbar.

19. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    The questions have been applied to you at least 3 times in the last 2 pages of the forum. I assume anyone with a brain,would check them before commenting that "I cant understand". The questions need pretty much basic english knowledge and some IQ 20 would be enough to understand them. Go on and check them, but I doubt it, because u just keep avoiding them. So just go on and check them, and finally answer them , for christ's sake.

20. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    ROFLMFAO, A Greek actually bashing other countries for being "economically dysfunctional." Talk about a lack of total self awareness.

Amazing how idiotic Europeans are when it comes to abusing geographic terms.

The British call Mexico a South American country when looking at a map its obvious that Mexico is in North America geographically. (if you refer to South America it follows that you divided the western hemisphere into two pieces North and South).

Here you have a Greek fanboy using the term "Americas" to refer to Conmebol like the term is interchangeable with South America.

The Americas refers to both Conmebol and Concacaf and combined they have 51 teams and have 7 direct spots and two playoffs; Hence, saying half of the Americas qualify or that there are only 10 teams is idiotic.

Its quite obvious that Uefa is sooner or late going to lose spots to African and Asian teams.

However, considering how AFC basically humiliated themselves this world cup while Africa is usually saved by 1-2 teams putting in decent to good performances, it is sort of ridiculous.

Pipiolo repped this.
  21. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How long do you guys want to continue bashing Greece and his nationality to "support" your argument? Makes you look like a 12-year old. The user is entitled to his opinion, no matter what his nationality is.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Humiliating themselves is a long-time AFC tradition held every 4 years.

23. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Really? Have a look at results in 2010 and 2002 again. Maybe its only a tradition every 8 years.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    2010 was decent I guess but having 2 host Asian nations in 2002 skews the data for that year. And actually the 2 worst teams in that tournament were from AFC so it still wasn't very good all things considered.

Overall, only 2 of the last 18 AFC teams have qualified for the knockout stage (excluding hosts) and both of them were KO'd in the round of 16.

And then posters argue that UEFA deserve fewer spots when "only" 50% of their teams reach the R16. I'd be curious what those posters have to say about an 11% success-rate? :whistling:

25. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    2002 was a pretty good result for Asia. Two teams in the round of 16 and 1 in the semi finals. Its nice of you to consider that 2010 was decent. Two in the round of 16 and one more missing out on goal difference in the only group to provide two quarter finalists and also the only group where all teams won a match. I'm not sure that anyone here has argued that UEFA should lose a spot at Asia's expense. I've stated in this thread and elsewhere that Asia is the first in line to lose a spot (UEFA is second by my reckoning BTW), but there is no reason to denigrate the teams that have performed like you have. My own nation has made the round of 16, finished 3rd on goal difference and went out with 3 losses in the last 3 tournaments but I have never felt humiliated even when we went out with 3 losses conceding 9 goals in the process.