UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The only thing which is disturbing is that unlike 2016, they do not do the 4 QFs 1 each day. Actually it would make only the tournament 1 day longer at max and would give the die hard fans to chance to watch all last 7 matches...

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    But why can't die hards watch all 4 quarterfinals if there are 2 matches per day? :confused:

I think the 2 QFs per day is fairer because the semifinal matchups involve teams that had the same number of rest days leading up to the semis. Also, when you have quarterfinals spread out over 4 days it means some teams have to play the QF, SF and Final within a 7-day span. That's alot to ask at the end of a long football season.

Kamtedrejt and r0adrunner repped this.
  3. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    Anyone knows when the Euro 2024 tickets would go on sale?

Ben F repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Probably about six months away still. June at the earliest.

Anoo and Ben F repped this.
  5. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Going through old emails from 2015 and 2019, the first round of ballot applications opened in mid-June and closed in mid-July of the year before the tournament.

Further, for Euro 2020 for example, the ballot results were three weeks after applications closed. You had two weeks to pay, and then there was a FCFS of unpaid applications shortly after the deadline. Then later they did a round of PMA sales (supporter tickets of qualified nations) shortly after the group stage draw, and then a resale platform and random sales leading up to the beginning of the tournament.

The ticketing pdf docs of these tournaments could give an idea of how you may expect it to go: Euro 2016 and Euro 2020 - hopefully without a year delay this time.

6. Ben F

Ben F New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jun 19, 2022
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoping 2024 will be my first Euro's. Reading through the ticketing pdf's of the past 2 tournaments it looks like ~50% of tickets are for the general public. Is demand usually similar to that of the World Cup?

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I found that the Euros used to be much harder to get tickets for compared to the World Cup (I applied for tickets for Euros 2004, 2008 and 2012). BUT the expansion to 24 teams should make a big difference (16 team Euro = 31 matches; 24 team Euros = 51 matches). Plus, the stadiums in Germany are quite a bit larger than they were for the 2004-2012 Euros.

For the 2020 Euros, I got tickets for almost every match I applied for, though it wasn't a typical Euros so I don't know if that is an indicator for anything.
    One thing I learned is that it always helps to plan a year in advance and apply for all the games you want to attend in the very first ticket sales phase.

Anoo and Ben F repped this.
  8. Ben F

Ben F New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jun 19, 2022
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info. Were you able to get the majority of your tickets through the first random selection phase? Also, did the "Fans First" thing I've seen act as a first-come first-serve sale?

9. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    IIRC for Euro 2020 the Fans First tickets were a category you could select in the initial ballot but were very limited in number. Frankly, selecting Fans First tickets for a game seemed a good way of torpedoing your application.

Some Fans First tickets also went on the first come first served resale, but you’d have been lucky to cart them before they vanished.

Ben F and BocaFan repped this.
  10. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I don't see any Albanian representation at EURO 2024 unfortunately. Neither Albania nor Kosovo will make it. I'll be left cheering for Germany. I will apply for tickets. If a major tournament takes place in the country you reside in you better do your best in order to get tickets.

I will give my prediction for which 24 teams I think will make it to EURO 2024 sometime in March.

Dage repped this.
  11. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    #36 Kamtedrejt, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    I feel some British and Scandinavian nations that did well in the last years might struggle this cycle.
    I just think of the likes of Wales, Northern Ireland, Finland and Iceland. The Republic of Ireland has been struggling already for quite some time.

That's also why I see strong Balkan representation at EURO 2024. The Balkans were a region that underperformed in the last two EURO cycles. So far in the two editions the British and Scandnavian teams benefitted way more from the expansion to 24 teams than the Balkans did. That must and will change in the upcoming cycle.

12. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that, I'm looking at the draw right now and there are some really lopsided groups. Albania got arguably the best possible draw.... Poland, Czech Republic, Faroe Islands, and Moldova. If there's one group you can make it out of, that's probably it. You didn't get Netherlands / France or England / Italy like some other teams. Kosovo's group with Switzerland, Israel, Romania, Belarus, and Andorra is also not the most difficult. It's too bad 3rd place teams can't make the playoff, really don't like the nations league being used as qualifiers...

13. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I'm not convinced of Albania's and Kosovo's performances lately. I would say both teams are not exactly at their best right now. Poland and Czechia are two consistent 2nd tier sides not known to mess around in qualifiers. I see little chance for Albania to edge past one of these teams.
    Kosovo's group is more balanced. I see Israel, Romania and Kosovo all having a shot at getting 2nd. But I would say out of these three Kosovo got the least chance. And none of Albania or Kosovo will have the playoff route. So, I go with low expectations into this cycle.

14. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    On the other hand, Fans First for Euro 2020 was also available as a category in conditional supporter tickets, where as usual for many of the top countries you could still get access to their supporter allocation just by an email newsletter, web form, or similar through their FA. For the original tournament (before the pandemic delay) through my family we had bought conditional FF tickets to something silly like six different countries for the Final, and then two countries FF for the semifinal on the side of the bracket that we didn't have an actual semifinal FF ticket for (won in the original first ballot). So it wasn't that scarce. At 85/95 euro for semifinal/final it made it a lot more attractive than their CAT3 prices of 195/295 euro.

Real Mardin repped this.
  15. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    That’s a good point actually, come to think of it I had ‘Follow My Team” SF and Final tickets in the FF price category for Turkey. All I had to do was sign up for the official Turkey supporters club and I could buy the tickets on a first come first served basis. My membership cost about £5 with the exchange rate, I did have to declare a Turkish ID number from yesteryear but no idea whether this was actually verified by the Turkish FA.

Of course, the problem with the “Follow My Team” tickets is (in contrast to a World Cup Travelling Supporter Ticket) that if your chosen team doesn’t qualify for the match then all you have tickets for is a big fat refund ☹️.

16. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  18. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  19. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Question for the folks planning to attend the tournament in Germany: do the teams seeded into pot 1 will be automatically in the B1, C1, D1, E1, F1 positions? Or does this only apply for the hosts Germany as A1?

20. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    It applies only for Germany.

brasileiragem repped this.
  21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Are you sure? It always used to be that B1, C1, D1, E1, F1 were also reserved for teams from pot 1 .

Its a good question from @brasileiragem because I usually apply for tickets for games that feature a pot 1 team before the draw takes place. Been doing that since Euro 2004 (both in the Euros and the World Cup) and it always features a pot 1 team.

See for example Euro 2016: UEFA Euro 2016 - Wikipedia

brasileiragem repped this.
  22. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Now that you shared the Wikipedia link to Euro 2016, it seems that the pot 1 team was always granted that position 1.

Check the “Teams” section of group D, for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016_Group_D

Spain had the same group position as their pot number, meanwhile all the other 3 teams had randomised group positions.

I’m just not super sure on how accurate the Wikipedia link is.

23. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Yes, that's how it worked. I don't know about next time though.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yes, it has to be random for the other 3 because it could be seen as an advantage to play the pot 1 team last. Think for e.g. Brazil v Cameroon or Portugal v Korea at WC 2022.

25. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Not 100% sure. After seeing some posts of others could very well be the case that all seeded teams are placed into the first position of their group.