UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Just occurred to me that they'll
    But, but the internet has made life so much easier! :laugh: I remember going to England v Scotland in the 70s with my cousin when I was 15, we borrowed tickets from somebody to persuade our parents we had them, and had enough money to buy one ticket between us from a tout at Wembley, ripped it in half and we both managed to get through the gate. That was after attempts to lower a line of tied scarves from inside to let people climb up was stopped by stewards. We lost 5-1 :(.

2. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    Great game. Gerry Francis scored a screamer.

3. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    2 caps per game, home or away, for England and those who live in the north have the same complaints about most home games being at Wembley.

But like you I can't think of a fairer way. In fact I think the FAs system is potentially fairer than Scotland inasmuch as 30% of non-tournament tickets are in an open ballot, so even those on the lowest number of caps, or even none at all, have a chance of a ticket.

welshbairn repped this.
  4. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Last game Stewart Kennedy played for Scotland!

Made Alan Rough look like Lev Yashin :ROFLMAO:

5. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    #1805 welshbairn, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    Found a picture of Kennedy actually moving in that game, must have missed it.:laugh:
    Scotland hasn't exactly been blessed with great goalies, at least till maybe Craig Gordon came along.

upload_2023-12-4_19-25-54.png

6. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    Question on strategy for the current ticket phase. Do people generally think it’s advisable to apply for tickets to games that are likely in high demand (eg England and Scotland) while not high on my priority list, just in case I get lucky and then have tickets I can use to swap for the games I really want to see myself (eg Germany for me)? Of course I’d apply for those too, but I’m thinking I’d increase my chances if I also apply for the most sought after ones. Or do people think there’s a downside to this strategy?

7. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    That's basically my strategy but I'm going for knock out fixtures in the maybe vain hope that Scotland get past the group stage. Already sorted the group stage by paying a ridiculous amount for hospitality, but it doesn't look quite as bad given the opening game prices. I've got a couple each of R16 games and Qfs to swap, and have applied for semis and final, but there's no point in discussing swaps or trades for those stages now. It's important to remember that if you buy a ticket with a code from a federation rather than a public sale you might not be able to transfer it, though there may be ways around it.

Marcus2116 repped this.
  8. Alan Meldrum

Alan Meldrum New Member

Inverness
    Scotland
    Dec 2, 2023
    I have tickets for Turkey vs Portugal and Turkey versus Playoff. Do you have any tickets to exchange?

9. Kostik

Kostik Member

Liverpool FC
    England
    Dec 4, 2023
    Does anyone know where to put an access code?

10. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    Thanks Alan, first time applicant in this tournament so nothing to exchange, let’s see how I get on in the ballot.

11. Sean Jamieson

Sean Jamieson New Member

Hearts
    Scotland
    Dec 3, 2023
    SWAP ONLY!!

I have x4 Cat 1 tickets for;
    - Denmark vs. England
    - Spain vs. Italy
    - Slovakia vs. Play off B winner
    - Turkey vs Portugal
    - Albania vs Spain

Only want swaps for;
    - Scotland vs. Hungary

12. el boson

el boson New Member

Everton FC
    England
    Dec 4, 2023
    **SWAP ONLY**

18.6.24 Turkey v Playoff C winners Cat 2 x4
    Or
    20.6.24 Spain v Italy Cat 1 x4

Only interested in England v Denmark (20.6.24) x4

13. Dominic_

Dominic_ New Member

Scotland
    Dec 4, 2023
    US based Scotland fan here. I was not successful with the lottery. But I just went ahead and bought resale tickets on StubHub. There are plenty of tickets available there. Why is there not more discussion of that here?

14. Glamourboy10

Glamourboy10 Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Dallas,TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Simple answer mate, there's plenty of opportunity to still get tickets in the 2nd lottery phase then the fcfs phase before the desperation kicks in. Besides this forum is strictly for swapping and probably resale at face value only later on. We don't promote touts trying to exploit genuine football fans.

TyBoogie80, thoves, OzRed and 3 others repped this.
  15. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    If anyone was daft enough to pay StubHub prices when there's plenty time left to try and get them at face value, why wouldn't they just pay for hospitality and guarantee the tickets actually arrive?

16. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    It goes against the ethos of what this place is all about. Helping each other, sharing the latest information, sourcing tickets while paying the least amount of money, offloading spare tickets for face value and swapping for what you need etc. There's a long ticketing journey in the build up to each tournament and most people here enjoy the long process of slowly getting all your tickets and completing your plans.

There are many more chances to buy through the official channels. Usually people exhaust all other options first. An application for prime seats category in the upcoming ballot, or hospitality, is definitely a more attractive option when you're considering just throwing money at some silly external website if you're not the kind of person interested in the long grind of the tickets chase.

IMO paying 500 euro or whatever on top of the original ticket price is unnecessary especially when we are still so early in the ticketing process., but everyone is different and has different budget and what they'd pay for one football match. It's certainly not the German way to do things, but I guess we should respect the North American culture of overpaying and overcharging each other at the same time.

Regardless, congratulations on the purchase and I hope you guys win.

17. ahalftimereport

May 15, 2015
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    I think US ticketing culture is a bit different to the U.K. / Europe. Personally, I'd like to see all ticket touts meet a gruesome end at the Tower of London, and if no one supported their business model, they'd lose a lot of money and soon stop ripping off ordinary, decent fans. Suspect a lot of others feel the same, but I totally understand the desire to get tickets by any means necessary - so I'm not passing judgement, just explaining why even those who can afford rip off prices might be reluctant to support the business model!

TyBoogie80, nk77 and Marcus2116 repped this.
  18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Depending on which games you bought and how much you paid. The seller could very much renege on the deal when prices shoot up.
    You haven't bought tickets yet, You've bought a promise of tickets from someone you don't know.

LaParka710, Eden82, belfasteric and 2 others repped this.
  19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I think you're probably right, otherwise why the secrecy about the split? Even the Scottish and English FAs say they haven't been told the split, with codes about to be emailed to members.

20. Nakul Sood

Nakul Sood Member

Real Madrid
    India
    Jul 10, 2022
    Germany
    Because you can buy tickets from there just 1 day before the game as well. Keep it as a very last option. No need to rush as there will be plenty of opportunities to get tickets directly.

Not to mention that -
    -One has to pay above face value
    -You most likely get a nosebleed seat
    -No guarantee of even getting a ticket (your money maybe safe with stubhub but imagine waiting all these days being all excited to not even get a ticket at that last moment, would suck)

TyBoogie80 and LaParka710 repped this.
  21. 210597

210597 Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Munich
    No worries though, StubHub will absolutely refund you your costs if your seller can't find tickets / doesn't feel like selling them to you at that price anymore.

As in: Your costs for the tickets. Your cost of traveling to Germany, accommodation, etc. is not their problem.

It can work and it usually does, but when it doesn't, you're up the creek.

LaParka710 and welshbairn repped this.
  22. CS24

CS24 New Member

Burnley
    Romania
    Nov 23, 2023
    I'm quite confused as to how many tickets are actually available for neutrals now for each game. I am Romanian and applied to all our games, but I've also applied to a few more. The thing is you either need to be a fan of said country or be part of their fan clubs to get tickets. Or am I missing something?

23. Dominic_

Dominic_ New Member

Scotland
    Dec 4, 2023
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m new to the forum so didn’t quite understand the ethos here. From my perspective, I have a long way to travel, and need reassurances that I will have a ticket, rather than wait in the hopes a future possibility. I applied to 20 games in the lottery and got nothing which was really disappointing. I was surprised at the resale prices, you can pick up some group stage tickets for under €100, and my Scotland Switzerland tickets were only €220. Not the crazy exorbitant prices referenced above (yet). Certainly much more affordable that hospitality tickets.

I was at the last Scotland game of the World Cup at France 98 with my dad, and despite us losing it was a very memorable experience. He is 79 now and this will likely be his last chance to see Scotland at a major tournament in person, so to me this method is worth it.

Good luck to you all in your quest to get ticket. I hope you all have an amazing tournament, and wish you all the best (unless you come up against Scotland)!

TyBoogie80, Glamourboy10, Eden82 and 3 others repped this.
  24. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    You two have the best time there mate. For sure something you won't forget. :thumbsup:

25. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I understand your thinking, but as others have suggested above I'd be amazed if you actually receive your Scotland v Switzerland tickets for 220 euros, the prices will go way beyond that as the various official sales close, and your seller would be losing out big style by honouring your deal.