UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    I’ve been asked twice in all the games I’ve been to, but they were nothing really to do with mass ID checking, it’s just not viable logistically at point of entry……….and they don’t really care anyways who’s bum is on the seat, as long as they get the €.

Eden82 repped this.
  2. Glamourboy10

Glamourboy10 Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Dallas,TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree with OzRed, as long as you have a valid ticket you're solid mate. ID has never been a requirement.

TyBoogie80 and Eden82 repped this.
  3. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Enjoy those Prime seats! :laugh:

4. Glamourboy10

Glamourboy10 Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Dallas,TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Which tournaments were these?

5. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    If I'm applying on the general sale as a fan of one of the teams, I can still try and get tickets for all of the different teams as far as I know.

6. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Once in South Korea 2002 as I don’t think they knew what they were doing and we were early into the stadium in Busan, think they were just curious, could have shown them anything.

Other in Portugal, Porto, 2004, when I won a dispute over a flag, and I think the steward was just being a tw*t as a result.

7. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Yes, you can apply for any games you want with or without saying you are “fan of’ in the general public sale.

Flintstone repped this.
  8. Glamourboy10

Glamourboy10 Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Dallas,TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Have they announced anything yet about the fan zones?

9. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Well, for 96 you could blind apply via a paper form, but I think that was only available in England? Then it was by telephone hotline for general sales post draw.

Might have been the same for French fans for 98, but again it was a telephone hotline post draw for others.

Euro 2000 was first online application I recall and then you could certainly apply blind before the draw.

AlistairSinc and Álvaro Morata repped this.
  10. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    Glamourboy10 repped this.
  11. ahalftimereport

May 15, 2015
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    Curious to know whether people think your odds are best with CAT 1&2 again on this ballot, or whether everyone will have the same idea and go CAT 1&2 for e.g. England / Germany's group games and potential knockout path, therefore reducing the benefit?

12. CS24

CS24 New Member

Burnley
    Romania
    Nov 23, 2023
    Do you think applying for Cat 2 is better or worse than Cat 3? I was looking at the category splits and most stadiums seem to have more Cat 3 seats. The demand will be higher for those though, but supply seems to be better too. The application is with the upgrade option on too

13. Jason Bayern

Jason Bayern New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 28, 2023
    Does anyone even see a field on the UEFA website for entering a code from football federations to receive tickets? I don't see such a field at all. It seems that some federations should have already been sent codes.

14. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
  15. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
  16. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Surprisingly it's seems like they are not too bothered selling tickets to their fans

17. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    That's good to know! I think you might have a good chance with the lottery for that game but send me a DM if not!

Alir repped this.
  18. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Hard to know, given that, if it would be better to identify as a “plastic Spaniard” to try and get tickets to the Italy game (given they have 10K) or leave it in the Gen Public pot? I may decide to do both so my Mrs needs to become a Señora!

TyBoogie80, AlistairSinc and Flintstone repped this.
  19. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    My son has just had his nationality changed, I,ll change it back in a few weeks before he learns about his new heritage

AlistairSinc, welshbairn and ValenAle. repped this.
  20. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I don't think you get access to the 10,000 federation allocation without a code, and I can't find any way of becoming a plastic or genuine Spaniard, other than by putting down Spain as "My team" for the public lottery. Unless I've got it all wrong of course which is very possible.

21. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Does it make any difference if I apply for England matches when I choose to be a 'fan of England' or when I don't choose any nation at all?

22. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    Did anyone here get tickets for game 37 (R16 - 1A vs 2C) and would be interested in game 40 (R16 - 1C vs 3DEF)? I realize game 37 is the one I really need to get tickets for so curious to see if anyone in this forum could be a potential swap buddy.

23. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    No, no difference for England. You will be in the General Public pot if you are not a Member with a code.

Flintstone repped this.
  24. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    The first option for sure. There'll be considerably way more people overall adding it to their random general applications.

25. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Yeah, that’s what not clear?