UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    They say they're holding a fixed number of tickets back for it. I agree the chances will be slim but could be worth a 5 euro punt in case Scotland are in group A. I bet the SFA will hold back a thousand just for the blazers.

hearts123 and belfasteric repped this.
  2. timelessmelody

Aberdeen
    Scotland
    Oct 25, 2023
    Just had a read through and this option is only available to Germans or people living in Germany:

"Note: Tournament registration requires a security check of the registering fans by the DFB. This is currently only possible for fans with German nationality (regardless of their place of residence) and for fans residing in Germany (regardless of their nationality)"

3. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Ive signed up worth a punt for 5e :)

welshbairn repped this.
  4. Pompey in Devon

Portsmouth FC
    England
    Oct 14, 2022
    If it is 10,000 tickets via the various FAs for each team (i.e. 20,000 per match), then this will leave next to nothing for FCFS for the general public. 1.2 million tickets out of 2.2 million were sold in the first ballot, leaving an average of 20,000 per match for the rest of the tournament! ,

5. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Should be public availability for the bigger stadia like Berlin, Munich and Dortmund.

6. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There will still be plenty of public availability.

Any game involving two of the countries below will be reasonably easy to get if you invest the time in the portal. Some will be readily available particularly if midweek and harder to reach.

France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Serbia, Romania and Czechia.

Some like the Dutch will be very tough. However a lot easier in Leipzig on a Tuesday than Cologne on a Saturday.

The draw might throw up a Scotland v Albania which might not be attractive to the neutrals but a really tough ticket anywhere.

Still plenty of chances to buy tickets

LaParka710, Joeyy, welshbairn and 5 others repped this.
  7. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    As the old timers here know, half the fun is in the chase :)

LaParka710, ratters, themanlarry and 4 others repped this.
  8. Krish Patel

Krish Patel Member

Al Nassr
    Portugal
    Nov 17, 2023
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Guys the ticket phase starts in 2 days, yall excited?

Footballhell10 and Eden82 repped this.
  9. Eden82

Eden82 Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Nov 9, 2023
    Why France, Italy, Portugal and Spain? I would think top countries like that will attract many fans, national and neutral ones?

10. DaBull13

DaBull13 Member

Real Betis
    United States
    Nov 30, 2017
    Great wine and great weather makes it hard to leave those places ;)

LaParka710, Eden82, nk77 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. nk77

nk77 Member

Australia
    Nov 14, 2023
    Anyone know if we can transfer tickets we get through the FA's? My mate decided not to come next year but he says he will still try and apply as well to increase our chance of getting tickets, but if they check ID's it would be pointless.

12. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    We don't believe fA tkt can be transferred, you'd need access to his account and let's not have the old chestnut about ID...it's never happened at any tournament were tkts have been checked to ID

nk77 repped this.
  13. Chucksav07

Chucksav07 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Nov 7, 2023
    Can you get tickets through 2 different FAs?

14. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    There's a possible work around from a sound poster on another forum, he's a Scot living in Germany and is talking about tickets from the Scottish FA. Only really suitable for transferring tickets to friends or relatives.

"You didn‘t buy a ticket from the SSC, you got a code from them which allowed you to purchase from UEFA.
    As regards transferring. I didn’t travel over due to the Corona quarantine regulations in place at the time. 10 days upon arrival and then another 10 days upon returning to Germany. Add in another 10 days or so for going to the games, then not viable.
    I purchased tickets for the 3 games, and was able to personalise them. 1st game my youngest brother, 2nd game my other brother, 3rd game my father.
    I then deleted the app from my phone. Youngest brother downloads the app on to his phone, requests an activation code (entering my E-Mail). The activation code comes to my E-Mail which I WhatsApp to him. All the tickets are now on his phone. He goes to the game and after it, deletes the app. Repeat the process for the next two games. Is a lot of faffing about but did work.
    As said, that was 2021, whether it will be the same next year, no idea what it‘ll be like this time round. "

Chucksav07 repped this.
  15. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Unknown I think, there was talk of only being able to use a code from an FA if it corresponded with your "My Team" selection, but I don't think anybody really knows, or if you could get tickets through one FA, change "My Team", and get more through another. Feel free to volunteer to try.:laugh:

Chucksav07 repped this.
  16. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Certain Football Federations request their tickets are non-transferrable. I know the English FA definitely do. I don't think it is done by default.

Chucksav07 repped this.
  17. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Not when it's 45c, that's why I think Germany is just about perfect for a summer tournament..:)

DaBull13 repped this.
  18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    He is spot on with those teams. All of them are not well supported, as has been noticed over many competitions. Excluding neutrals.

LaParka710, Eden82, popularside and 2 others repped this.
  19. Chucksav07

Chucksav07 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Nov 7, 2023
    I imagine that’s the reason some of them don’t have a points system like England

hearts123 repped this.
  20. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Spain especially doesn't have the culture of travelling to away games that Northern European countries do.

LaParka710 repped this.
  21. Steffen1989

Steffen1989 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2023
    What are the requirements for applying for tickets for the Spanish national team? Do you need to be a Spanish citizen? On the website of the Spanish Football Association I couldn’t find any information about their ticket sale.

22. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    They're the only currently qualified nation that hasn't released their details for the 2024 tournament yet. We will find out soon though as the phase begins soon. In the past it's been very straightforward to get tickets through the equivalent of the "Fan of" method and I'd be surprised if it was much different this time around.

Steffen1989 and LaParka710 repped this.
  23. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Best I can find is they have a fan app that may or not help in getting priority for tickets. It has 4 levels of membership, one of which is free.
    https://rfef.es/en/noticias/the-fan...games-to-make-you-feel-even-closer-to-la-roja

24. Eden82

Eden82 Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Nov 9, 2023
    I wonder if, in the second general sale phase, you will only be able to buy tickets for the team you selected in the UEFA app as your favourite? If not, what is the point of having to select a favourite team?

25. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Oh god so many good questions which can't be answered