UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Lukas.peric

Lukas.peric Member

Dinamo Zagreb
    Croatia
    Nov 16, 2023
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    added you, add me back and send me a message please!

2. Testopener22

Testopener22 Member

Arsenal
    Jun 19, 2022
    Australia
    Looks like the ‘fan of’ selection is now available again in the profile section of the ticketing account for any of the 33 countries remaining in the competition.

LaParka710 and hearts123 repped this.
  3. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    hearts123 repped this.
  4. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Does anyone know how many tickets per game you will be able to apply for through the Germen Fan Club ? Considering only one account on the Fan Club.

5. Alison R

Alison R Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    Nov 8, 2023
    England
    The details from the DFB are found here https://em24tickets.dfb.de/ note this is in German.

The FAQ section says that each Access Code will allow you to buy only one ticket. If you are offered a ticket for each group stage match you get one access code per game, ie three codes in total.

LaParka710 repped this.
  6. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Thanks. I have just noticed that the registration for the fan club is only permitted to German citizens.

7. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Most FAs require either that you've been a member and been to most of the games, home and away, for the last few years, and/or that you have a national id number that directly links to a name and address in the relevant country.

LaParka710 repped this.
  8. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    P.S. If you don't meet these criteria there are other FAs available. :whistling:

9. Lukas.peric

Lukas.peric Member

Dinamo Zagreb
    Croatia
    Nov 16, 2023
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Distribution ticket categories

Regarding the sales phase of the national associations, I would like to know if it is known which distribution is used with regard to the different categories of tickets. For example, is it known how many tickets are (even roughly) available in each category?

10. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    Where does it say that, I thought it was open to everyone?!

11. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Not at the beginning, but typically one FA such as England, Belgium, Holland will tell their members the figures and then within the hour the info it is passed on to the community.

12. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
  13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Which others apart from Portugal?

14. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    No idea, there probably are, but it's probably wiser to stop saying Portugal out loud. :laugh:

Untitled, LaParka710, hearts123 and 2 others repped this.
  15. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    France if you pay €20 to join.

[​IMG]

LaParka710, TyBoogie80 and hearts123 repped this.
  16. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I checked out Greece in case they make it through the playoffs, as I have a temporary address there at the moment, but they require a national id number corresponding with a name and address on their national data base. There are a few like that.

17. Steffen1989

Steffen1989 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2023
  18. Steffen1989

Steffen1989 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2023
    LaParka710 repped this.
  19. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    It's a big downer that we are able to buy knock out tickets through the FA's only when the team reaches this stage.
    As an individual it means you have to get everything sorted in the last minute.
    If i got it wrong though i would like to know haha :thumbsdown:

20. Steffen1989

Steffen1989 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2023
    LaParka710 repped this.
  21. Lukas.peric

Lukas.peric Member

Dinamo Zagreb
    Croatia
    Nov 16, 2023
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Ticket application strategy

Croatian fan here, our association is selling the groupstage tickets through UEFA. I'm now wondering, since we have a loyal fanbase and assuming apllications will exceed the tickets available for each category, what is the best way to approach this ticket sales phase? Is it reasonable to assume I have the highest chance of obtaining tickets by applying for the more expensive categories? Or do these expensive categories have less tickets available than the cheaper ones, thus not making any difference? What is your guys' take on this?

22. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    welshbairn and Marcus2116 repped this.
  23. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    There are considerably more tickets at the cheapest categories usually. To give a random example from the previous Euro (that only had three price categories) the split for England group at Wembley was:
    1485/2471/7880 for CAT 1/2/3. Of course now we have essentially a fourth category available but you get the idea that it will be less of CAT1.

You'll hopefully get much more accurate figures soon when someone releases an example of the splits. All we know at the moment is teams get 11,000 per group game, and it differs per country but usually it's about 9,000 available to supporters (some countries have stated giving more, eg. Croatia said 10,000 in the article a few posts up).

So you have to consider how many people are ranked above you in the list. Then what they choose. Sometimes the association gives an update on who has requested what so far, but because this is a "Fans of" situation you won't get that but perhaps they give an option to say CAT3 but then tick the box to accept other categories (if CAT3 sounds the best bet when the split situation is more clear).

Will be tough though - loads of Croats in Germany as we saw with how many they brought to Rotterdam in the Nations League.

24. Steffen1989

Steffen1989 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2023
    that’s true but I think being in the block of Slovakia can be fun. For sure, you can meet new friends there.

25. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    So far 5 teams have stated they're getting 10,000 tkts per group game

Attached Files:

TyBoogie80 repped this.