UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. east londoner

east londoner Member

West Ham United
    England
    Jun 10, 2021
    Unless you are going long distance on an ICE I wouldn't bother booking tickets. Noone is going to be checking.

TyBoogie80, Gazza66 and AlexCr repped this.
  2. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    I need to use one of the ICE trains so can pass will not cover that one

Flintstone repped this.
  3. Gazza66

Gazza66 Member

England
    Jan 6, 2020
    Completely agree.
    Been in Germany since Friday and used loads of trains, trams and buses and not once been checked for tickets or fan pass.

TyBoogie80 repped this.
  4. Gazza66

Gazza66 Member

England
    Jan 6, 2020
    Fair old walk mind, but doable.
    Like I said earlier I walked approx the last 2 miles to stadium and I reckon that took me 35 minutes.

LaParka710 and TyBoogie80 repped this.
  5. HotSauce99

HotSauce99 Member

FC Cologne
    Germany
    May 19, 2021
    i guess even with tram it will work fine, but as an emergency plan the good old walk is allways an option :)

LaParka710, TyBoogie80 and Gazza66 repped this.
  6. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    Good question! I remember that during the Qatar World Cup, the bus option seemed better. Gets you in quick and closer to the stadium. Less walking. Good to know from someone here on this.

mazinio repped this.
  7. PolishFansHooligans

Górnik Zabrze
    Poland
    Sep 28, 2022
    Upper Silesia
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    To people who attended games in recent days - did you see any people trying to sell tickets in nearby stadium perimeter?

8. east londoner

east londoner Member

West Ham United
    England
    Jun 10, 2021
    No for Italy Albania or England Serbia.

But these were very high demand games, it may be different for the 3pm games this week.

TyBoogie80 repped this.
  9. GotSoccer?!

GotSoccer?! Member

Liverpool FC
    Mar 26, 2018
    There were people for ESP-CRO that were selling tickets pretty close to the stadium. They did not walk around with signs etc. (so no way of spotting them actively) but would rather walk by you and would whisper if one was still looking for tickets.

LaParka710 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  10. TyBoogie80

TyBoogie80 Member

West Ham United
    United States
    Nov 10, 2023
    didn’t see anyone at the England-Serbia match. Only those looking.

LaParka710 repped this.
  11. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We were at Gelsenkirchen last night.

Getting there was a nightmare, stuck on a non-moving train at Essen Hbf for 30 mins and ended up just getting a taxi which was quick and cost €55 on the meter. We drove by many trams not moving and some fans had pulled the emergency exit lever to get out and walk.

Getting into the ground was quick and easy, they did check tickets every time you went from the concourse to your seat. Only reduced alcohol beer.

Coming back, we left at the final whistle and got straight onto the shuttle bus to Essen, location is past the tram platforms in car park P6. Back in Essen hotel by midnight.

Alison R, LaParka710, TheJimmyG and 4 others repped this.
  12. doblix

doblix New Member

Serbia
    Oct 14, 2022
    From Gelsenkirchen yesterday:
    - The stadium is three stations from the Serbian fans' venue (Gelsenkirchen-Bur).
    - For the first part of the day you couldn't bring drinks inside (but there isn't full security like in other zones, just a fence with two guards), but later they gave up too.
    - And terrible organization for the return to other cities at HBF, there were many more fans than trains for the main departures 00-01, and the Cologne / Dusseldorf train at 00:41 had hunger games who would hop on. I heard inside that a few people from the group were left outside.

Stadium:
    - CAT1 truck attached, great seats, right next to the media booth. Since they left the AP on the boardwalk, you can connect and have wifi if needed :) We were all just standing and this first picture is the view from the seat, the second if you are sitting.
    - I only saw a few Serbs in the full English sector - I had 0 problems and great fun.
    - Be sure to enter the "middle" lane for the train stop after the game, because if you turn left, you will go about 1.5 km more. So be careful, if you go down and see the fans on the right, you'll be none the wiser :)

Attached Files:

LaParka710 repped this.
  13. Leigh Shrimper

Southend United
    England
    May 9, 2016
    Club:
    Southend United FC
    My Prime view last night and my sons FF view.

Attached Files:

LaParka710 repped this.
  14. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    Thanks for this info. So there is a shuttle Bus directly to Essen then?

15. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes from car park P6 by the tram stop. On the bridge, stay in the middle to avoid the tram platform queues then take some steps on the right.

Dragonhorse and Anoo repped this.
  16. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Was a good few cat2 went onsale at 9.30am yesterday morning on the portal

TyBoogie80 and LaParka710 repped this.
  17. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Did people walk to the shuttle buses

18. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    What would be then the best route to go back to Cologne ?

19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    No direct knowledge of it but I think the shuttle buses might have been a better choice at Munich too. By the time you were in the middle of the U-bahn queue in pitch darkness they wouldn't have been a realistic option though.

20. doblix

doblix New Member

Serbia
    Oct 14, 2022
    They did, but I guess this is also about the main station.

I hope that DB will fix this shitty timetable for going back home. If they don't, you need to be fast and tough to hop on the train... At the monitor on the platform, you can also see the capital letters with train animation showing where the train will stop, based on that, you can position yourself better if it matters.

Flintstone and LaParka710 repped this.
  21. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Impressions from #7 POL-NED in Hamburg:

Day started early. Breakfast in hotel, beer at the Sunday fishmarket by the water, and then walked through St. Pauli to the Fan Fest that was open early for Dutch fans. Good atmosphere, lots of orange, long long beer queues though but lots of different food on offer. A friend I go to football with who I'd originally met through this forum arrived with many cans of beer as the fan walk began. Great times in the sun. The fan walk ended by the reeperbahn where we were meant to catch a tram and then shuttle to the stadium but the area was sort of locked down for a bit because there was a man with an axe and petrol bomb that police had to shoot to arrest him. So around this time my friend's buddy who lives locally that we had given our spare FF ticket to decided to hop in some sort of rideshare car and then he drove us to the stadium, parking near the closest station which was about 15 or 20 minutes walk to the stadium.

Entrance itself was smooth for how many supporters there were. Maybe took 15 minutes maximum. Beer queues were manageable only a few minutes wait. Ate a bratwurst too. Match was nervy but a great finish. Top atmosphere.

Afterwards chatted and had a drink with some Polish and Scottish fans at the nearby station and then went back to hotel for a nap.

Tickets were Fans First in the corner. Section 14 - Row 6.

Attached Files:

22. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    As of right now you can still cart and buy a Cat 1 or Prime ticket for Ukraine - Romania, 24min into the game. UEFA makes me laugh sometimes. :D

23. Straight_drive2

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    & they will take an hour or two or more to deliver the ticket to the UEFA app. Shambles!

24. thoves

thoves Member

May 5, 2011
    Strange that UEFA choose to leave Prime-seats open, rather than just sell them as CAT 1/CAT 2 the last days. (I guess they do it to a certain degree, but not enough).

25. Waribai

Waribai Member

Tottenham
    England
    Jun 22, 2021