UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    Would you need to bring a physical copy of your ID or just a photo of it would do?

2. Merula

Merula Member

Scotland
    May 28, 2024
    Does anyone know gow are Uefa dividing up the tickets?

I was at the opening game and it seemed like the stadium was 80% German fans.

Did they make it easier for people from the host nation to get tickets?

3. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    10,000 for each country for each match in the group stage plus they sold "neutral" tickets that anyone could buy.

4. Paul Easton

Paul Easton Member

Shakhtar Donetsk
    Ukraine
    Dec 9, 2023
    Arrived in Munich!

Travel card help for the 36 hours

Downloaded everything, do I still need to buy tickets, or do you just show them your phone etc!?

Anoo and LaParka710 repped this.
  5. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Each team got 10,000 tkts each for their supporters, the rest of the tkts will be mixed

TyBoogie80 repped this.
  6. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    you can imagine that a lot of germans applied for opening match from the very first ballot and for obvious reasons not so many from other countries.
    L.E: There are a lot of germans on other matches too mainly in neutral zones but they don't necessary show it. You can expect that people from host nation will be in every stadium of course in different number based on demand

LaParka710 repped this.
  7. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    You should be good for everything as long as you don't go on IC/ICE trains.

8. JadJoud

JadJoud Member

Mar 17, 2024
    Hello,

Random question, but how de we know where the teams practice? And is it accessible for free with the formula FCFS or you need to buy a ticket?

9. jfk21

jfk21 Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I need tickets for the Portugal vs Turkey game but face value. what are the chances that UEFA will release tickets on their portal?
    I cannot afford the tickets sold by touts

10. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I think I would gauge if Portugal-Czechia show up. I know the Turkey match is more popular, but if the first match doesn't show, I think the odds of that showing are quite slim. We haven't seen Portugal or Turkey matches show up in the past week for the general public. I assume they would be Cat 1 or Prime Seats though if they show up.

TyBoogie80 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  11. thoves

thoves Member

May 5, 2011
    A quick look at the cheapest prices for Portugal v Czech Rep at Stubhub says 300 euro, so I would be surprised if that game is coming on the portal with anything else than Prime. And with the knowledge of crazy Turks I dont think that one will come either. It has to be against Georgia if any.

LaParka710 repped this.
  12. thoves

thoves Member

May 5, 2011
    So far it has been quite easy to see which ones will appear on the Portal, as the prices on the tout-services has been a good indicator with DEN-SLO and ROM-UKR now beeing the easiest to get to, while the big teams usually just prime if any.

AlistairSinc and LaParka710 repped this.
  13. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    I see plenty of people complaining about the bad transportation from Gelsenkirchen yesterday, some saying they are still stuck in the train station. Anyone here who came back from the England v Serbia match and has any advice? I read that there were no trains back and people had to pay hundreds of euros to get to Essen or Dusseldorf..

Gazza66 repped this.
  14. Gazza66

Gazza66 Member

England
    Jan 6, 2020
    Absolutely shambolic, left at 630pm on the direct tram from Bochum to the stadium should of taken 40 minutes, numerous stoppages along the way for 10 or 15 minutes, very dangerously overcrowded and got within 2 miles of stadium by 8pm and the tram along with 4 or 5 other trams at that stop decided that was as far as they were going and everyone had to get off.
    Had to walk last 2 miles and by the time I had walked all round stadium to get to my entrance and then walk all the way back to my actual gate (S4) the players were just about to sing National anthems.
    Absolutely shocking!

Alison R, Anoo and AlistairSinc repped this.
  15. Gazza66

Gazza66 Member

England
    Jan 6, 2020
    Getting back was ok to be fair but did leave on 75 minutes, got the train this time to Gelsenkirken then a train to Bochum.
    It did help that my end of ground was the train and tram side, one tip is that the train platform is the very last exit on right hand side, went down the last exit on left originally and had to go all they way back as it was for the trams.

LaParka710 repped this.
  16. east londoner

east londoner Member

West Ham United
    England
    Jun 10, 2021
    It was abysmal. One 2 carriage tram line to get 40000 people to a game. I was lucky sat right by an exit near the tram stop and still didn't get back to gelsenkirchen hbf until midnight. No idea what the answer is - just a stupid place to build a stadium.

17. HotSauce99

HotSauce99 Member

FC Cologne
    Germany
    May 19, 2021
    Going to/away from Gelsenkirchen is allways fxxcking awfull, even at Bundesliga games. Te tram ride i from train station is endless und if you go there by car you will have to waint 4hours after the game before you can leave the parking space, cause of bad organisaiton and traffic jam. The only way working is to take one of the trams directly from/to train-station-stadium and at train station take te next train brining you to te next bigger city

18. HotSauce99

HotSauce99 Member

FC Cologne
    Germany
    May 19, 2021
    Its true, but te worst place ever in case of travelling to a stadium by public transport is wembley. Te way back from a game to te metro station is on of te worst football-expericences i ever made. It take ours standing in a overcroweded row/place before arriving at te metro, where not even x-tra-trains were opperating

19. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Each team were required to have one training session open to the public, and most of these were in this week before the tournament began or before their first match. Not sure if there will be more open ones as it's probably an unnecessary distraction but of course it will vary for each team.

Tickets were mostly either done by the association, the host stadium, or the tickets were given to school children rather than the general public.

20. east londoner

east londoner Member

West Ham United
    England
    Jun 10, 2021
    OK, only been to Gelsenkirchen the once but public transport there is on a different level of stupidity from any other big ground I've been too. Wembley is busy as it's got 85000 people getting away at the same time but has good enough transport and crowd control is good. Been there 30 times.

21. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    I am going to Gelsnekirchen on Thursdat for Spain vs Italy. Game should end around 23:00 like last night, is it reasonable to assume that i can catch a train around 00:50 from Gelsenkirchen main train station? Pre booking train tickets i guess should help also

22. HotSauce99

HotSauce99 Member

FC Cologne
    Germany
    May 19, 2021
    This should work, in this time you could walk to the train station ;)

23. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    Thank you. Thought the same by looking at maps but just wanted to be sure

24. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    And another thing. Has anyone tried the shuttle bus from fan zone to the stadium? How long did it take? On uefa site looks like it should be around 15mins but who knows if they are right or not.
    I am talking about Gelsenkirchen

25. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    How's pre booking will differ than using the 36hr free pass?

TyBoogie80 repped this.