UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. MatD434

MatD434 Member

Arsenal
    England
    Dec 11, 2023
    We're not excited by Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and London because we're so used to them! I reckon much of Europe are excited by these. The way i've seen non-uk football fans talk about Craven Cottage like it's as important Camp Nou is crazy, let alone the new Spurs stadium etc.

2. Merula

Merula Member

Scotland
    May 28, 2024
    Anoo repped this.
  3. Lod31.

Lod31. Member

Nov 20, 2019
    I have been wary of buying tickets for England vs Serbia because touts apparently like to mark tickets in Serbian section falsely as neutral, probably to be able to sell them easier. There have been many fear-mongering news about the Euros, but I would take this one seriously. If I remember correctly, Russian hooligans attacked the English in 2016 and for similar reasons I think there is a risk that the same happens again (they remember the old English tradition of hooliganism and would love to gain 'victories' over them). Although I think that German police will handle the situation better than the French Police did back then. My team has played both Partizan and Red Star in Uefa qualifiers before, and there was trouble especially with Delije and a bit with Grobari too. If that fan base is travelling, I would stay out of the city center and keep a low profile in the Serbian sections of the stadium, just to be sure.

4. Merula

Merula Member

Scotland
    May 28, 2024
    Hotel and flight prices now are really high in any of the cities for the group games.

I had looked at going to Cologne and trying to get a ticket for the Scotland Switzerland game but the hotel prices in Cologne put me off. It was about 300 EUR per night for hotels with a user rating of 6.5 on booking.com

5. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    #7155 welshbairn, Jun 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    RodInSing and LaParka710 repped this.
  6. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Except for the 2028 Euros as that should be easy enough, it's basically at the point after this one where you have to pick one country, just see matches there, and be okay with it. Granted, I say that as someone who has no interest in going to some shady Middle Eastern WC. I have been to a bunch of league matches in both Germany and the UK and Germany really does have the better atmosphere to me. We'll see if that holds for a major tournament. Don't worry, you have four years to build up another budget. ;)

Talking about Craven Cottage like it is going to Camp Nou is totally crazy (even though I would rather go to Craven Cottage myself), but Craven Cottage is miles better as it is an experience while that Spurs stadium is just soulless to me. I kinda felt the same way going to see Spurs there as I did going to see RB Leipzig in their stadium. I wonder if it is just coincidence that Leipzig is the location with the most available tickets on Stubhub at the moment even while having good matches on paper.

mazinio and welshbairn repped this.
  7. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    They do look genuine, but those high demand seats are still at crazy prices. The ones that are at the minimum look to be the tickets that are on the portal now for about half.

welshbairn repped this.
  8. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    that is genuine, no need to worry about that. however as with any hospitality you‘ve got to be sure you have no other/better choice.

9. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Scotland V Swiss 750 Eu is a great price considering tickets on secondary markets sre over half that :)

RodInSing, TheJimmyG and LaParka710 repped this.
  10. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My father went to see a game recently, seat on the wrong side. Young boys mistreated him. Don't wear the wrong shirt!

Anoo, TyBoogie80 and LaParka710 repped this.
  11. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    There are plenty of hotel rooms in places like Essen. (I have done a lot of business there over the years). You can also travel via Brussels or Amsterdam via train.
    A bit of flexibility on logistics can mae things cheaper.

Tickets mind? God only knows !!!!!!! :rolleyes:

UEFA are worse than FIFA when it comes to treating the fan.

12. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    You've picked one of the most difficult group stage games to get a ticket for, and are surprised by the high price of hotels a few days before the tournament starts. Maybe think about games away from the Ruhr Valley.

LaParka710 repped this.
  13. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Could be worth it as you can stay in the stadium drinking and eating for an hour after the game, by which time all the crazed Swiss hooligans looking for Scottish blood will have gone home.

hearts123 and LaParka710 repped this.
  14. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Yeah, hotel rooms for Cologne have been expensive for a good while even before the draw. I booked in October, my options were somewhat limited then, and still paid almost 200 euros a night while being a bit out of the center of town. Plus, if someone is only going to stay in a city for a night after a game near a high-volume area like central Cologne, these hotels are 100% going to get as much money as they can from people.

Anoo repped this.
  15. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Booked mine in the centre for 150 euros minutes after the draw. Lots of people decided early on that basing themselves in NRW was the sensible move given all the venues within easy reach. I went for Berlin but I don't regret it, being surrounded by the Tartan Army for three weeks would be too much to bear..

Anoo and LaParka710 repped this.
  16. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Plus, unlike some other venues, the NRW had a special train route created just for these Euros, especially with the night matches. I really liked Cologne when I went, so I only targeted tickets the NRW and Frankfurt because everything is so compact. It helps that I am not following a specific team around too.

Straight_drive2 and themanlarry repped this.
  17. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Given what happened to Italian fans at the last Euros final, I'd be wary for neutral or opposition fans at England matches too. Evening kick offs don't suit their drinking habits. Although the hysteria about Serbian and Hungarian fans hitting social media is I think wildly overstated.

Anoo and LaParka710 repped this.
  18. Lukas.peric

Lukas.peric Member

Dinamo Zagreb
    Croatia
    Nov 16, 2023
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Any opinions on sitting in the Italian fan section as a Croatian supporter? I have 2x next to eachother for that game but theyre in the italian section, ultimately I would like to swap these for the neutral section but if that does not happen, will I be alright in their section?

19. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Aye be hard enough listening to the #thecaravansong all day for 3 weeks

20. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I think this goes for anyone supporting the other team in a non-neutral section: don't wear the opposing colors and don't outwardly support them if it feels hostile in the area. I'm neutral for the most part with these Euros, but I will be wearing the shirt of the underdog team in some of the matches I am going to. However, I will be bringing a hoodie/jacket to cover it if need be whether around the stadium or on a train.

Anoo, TyBoogie80 and almo87 repped this.
  21. ktabel01

ktabel01 New Member

Dortmund
    United States
    Feb 5, 2024
    That's our thoughts. Really doubt we hit more than 1 cup game in the states while we're doing 4 for the euros. Just overall abetter experience imho

LaParka710 repped this.
  22. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    It's the almost professional joviality and friendliness that makes my heart sink. Imagine being a young female and being stuck in a tram with that lot, it would be like a drunk uncle trying to get a Christmas kiss on the cheek.

LaParka710 and belfasteric repped this.
  23. Qzeng

Qzeng New Member

May 23, 2024
    Hey guys, I have to wear a knee brace/orthosis for a cpl of weeks due to an injury. Can I enter the stadium with it or do I have to take it off?

24. Grecian123

Grecian123 Member

Exeter City
    England
    Aug 4, 2019
    Agreed. One of my fav things too. At Euro 2012 I chose a random team to follow pre draw and it ended up being England which was amusing. Lots of people, myself included, are happy to watch pretty much any game. I always book flights, hotels etc way before any draw or before I even have a ticket to any game. Totally accept others specifically want to follow their team but the pre draw ballot is one of the best things about these tournaments for me.

LaParka710 and belfasteric repped this.
  25. Grecian123

Grecian123 Member

Exeter City
    England
    Aug 4, 2019
    Agreed. I remember the hysteria around Ukraine in 2012 and all was pretty much fine.

I think it is basic manners to not wear the colours of the opposition, or cheer for the opposition, when you're in the non-neutral zones. Be respectful and polite and trouble is unlikely to follow you.

One of the things I love about the Euros and particularly the group stages is that you get a carnival atmosphere. You are surrounded by people who also love football, not people who have come for a fight. Just be sensible and think about how you might feel if somebody was in "your" end and cheering for the opposition and set your own behaviour accordingly.

I have tickets in with the Slovakian and Romanian fans and am very much looking forward to being a fan of both for the day.