UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. andrewm1997

andrewm1997 New Member

Forest
    England
    Apr 30, 2024
    They do this to ensure plenty of (if not all tickets) are sold to every game. If you wait till after the draw to sell tickets, the less appealing matches will struggle to sell tickets

Grecian123, LaParka710 and Untitled repped this.
  2. Conor McShane

Conor McShane Member

Liverpool
    Republic of Ireland
    Mar 8, 2022
    Newry, Co. Down
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And a few weeks before the start of the FCFS sales day, UEFA sent out emails to people who bought tickets in the 1st phase (before the draw) giving them a couple of weeks to return their tickets to UEFA for the FCFS.sale if they couldn't use the tickets themselves. So, those people didn't have to use/become touts/scalpers.

ValenAle. and belfasteric repped this.
  3. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Exactly - there are plenty of people like HotSauce and myself. This happens with every tournament and helps us plan matters - flights and hotels etc.

LaParka710 and HotSauce99 repped this.
  4. Testopener22

Testopener22 Member

Arsenal
    Jun 19, 2022
    Australia
    That’s not quite true. There were two opportunities to submit tickets for resale after the main draw. One in March, prior to the playoffs, and then another on April, once all match ups were known.
    Whilst enforcing payment when applying during the lottery phase sounds like a good idea in principle, it becomes an unreasonable burden for those who apply for many games across the tournament but only receive one ticket, especially for those needing to travel long distances to attend and needing to plan well in advance.
    We received a grand total of zero tickets across the two lotteries, and had no personal offers either (until last week when only the dregs remained). It meant alot of effort and people power was invested in trying to purchase tickets via FCFS (including PNAs which offered an FCFS sale).
    There will always be justifiable criticism of UEFA for their lack of transparency in the sales process, but I do commend them for their anti-tout measures.
    Opportunities will still remain to purchase tickets for knockouts I’m sure, even if the portal does not offer further tickets for the Group stage.

ValenAle. and LaParka710 repped this.
  5. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    not true at all. I successfully returned the tickets I didn't need and generally anyone who wanted to do so had the chance.

ValenAle. and LaParka710 repped this.
  6. eakin

eakin Member

Feb 14, 2016
    The overarching point is still true though.
    What happens those who bought knockout tickets and their team doesn't make it through?.
    UEFA have said there won't be more resales (if you believe that...), what are those people supposed to do with those tickets?

7. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Through advice on the forum and going to a few England games, I think it has been relatively easy to get tickets. I currently have 12 matches with only 1 coming from the ballot, the rest a combination of various PNA and FCFS sales.

I think the big issue is that you needed to be available at certain times of the day with only hours notice. This applied to both FCFS and also PNA access code sales. I could manage this but difficult for many people and unfair I think.

8. Rico17

Rico17 Member

Manchester United
    Germany
    Nov 10, 2023
    New Zealand
    just wondering which pna's you managed to get?

9. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    as far as i know there were no tickets sold for ko matches for "fans" of team involved but i might be wrong though. if i am not wrong then everyone bought tickets just assuming things and in the end it's not UEFA's fault that a team won't play a match that you assumed they will.

Rico17 repped this.
  10. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England x3 (£55 membership fee + attending a number of home games)
    France x3 (€20 membership fee)
    Georgia x1 (fan of)
    Portugal Nothing (free membership)

AlistairSinc, TyBoogie80 and Rico17 repped this.
  11. Rico17

Rico17 Member

Manchester United
    Germany
    Nov 10, 2023
    New Zealand
    i think only a couple of countries have held pre-emptive knockout ballots, everyone else just has to wait to qualify and see for pna tickets.

LaParka710 repped this.
  12. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Well - a lot true there. The FCFS is a bit of a farce as half the time it thinks you are a bot and by the time you get in you are waiting for one hour. Another ballot would have been a fairer and less time-consuming process than FCFS. FCFS should only be used for the final sales round incorporating resales.

13. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    I can agree with ballots. But only for verified accounts. The money should be blocked before the ballot for everything you applied. Otherwise there will be guys with +100 accounts and the whole process will be totally unfair.

14. Mateo13333

Mateo13333 Member

Juventus
    Jan 12, 2024
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Agreed, there’s no point on doing an open sale with just 100k tickets when you know the demand is crazy and end up having more than 500k people queuing.

15. Mateo13333

Mateo13333 Member

Juventus
    Jan 12, 2024
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Yh, UEFA should consider implementing KYC for all accounts, also credit card verification may work.

16. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    Just out of curiosity, how many of you actually created several new email addresses for the ballot and those accounts actually manage to get some tickets?

17. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    6 more days to go folks! Exciting times..

Tappi11, Eden82, Paul Easton and 3 others repped this.
  18. Omar Malik

Omar Malik Member

Liverpool FC
    Canada
    Jan 19, 2022
    I made i think 6 or 7 accounts, going for a mix of knockout and group games. All were unsuccessful except one which I had partially successful. Got matches 42 and 47, all other applications failed.

Anoo repped this.
  19. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wondered what happens with the standing area sectors in some of the stadiums for the Euro, for example the yellow wall in Dortmund ? Do they install seats only for the tournament ? Or does Uefa allow all standing areas and they stay like they are ?

20. Mr. Neutron

Mr. Neutron Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Yeah. Standing Prime. Only 275€ per each 30x30 cm.

Straight_drive2 and MatD434 repped this.
  21. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    If I remeber well, in Qatar there was a deadline for the transfer of the tickets (2 or 3 hours before the game).

I tried to find infos about the deadline for the transfer of EURO 2024 tickets, but I couldn't find anything (on FAQ, on T&C etc.). Do you know something about that ?

22. Harry Kane's on my mind

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 7, 2023
    Beg

23. Harry Kane's on my mind

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 7, 2023
    Just run ID checks in stadiums hire more people to process the volumes if volume is ever an issue

24. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    #7124 Anoo, Jun 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
    They could also use face recognition technology at the stadiums.

25. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I might just pull the trigger on StubHub, I leave in a few days and doesn’t look like there will be another big drop unless one happens tonight.

LaParka710 and Anoo repped this.