UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Roksman

Roksman Member

Football is winner
    Croatia
    Jun 7, 2023
    Can someone please confirm which side the Croatian FA tickets were allocated for each stadium? I want to see if my tickets are on the same side as the Croatian fans.

I'm pretty sure my tickets were from the first sale phase - not the FA phase.

2. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    This is the same UEFA that has stated it won’t do a fan to fan resale portal and then wonders why people turn elsewhere.

Anyway, Article 7 of their own ticketing regulations permits fan to fan sales provided these are for no more than face value.

I agree that the regulations allow tickets sold for over face value to be cancelled.

3. MatD434

MatD434 Member

Arsenal
    England
    Dec 11, 2023
  4. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    True, but it's in a maybe feeble effort to deter touts and England fans selling out to them.

5. Testopener22

Testopener22 Member

Arsenal
    Jun 19, 2022
    Australia
    The only time you’ll find it’s an issue is if the train is full, then passengers with reserved seats might insist on sitting in their reserved seat rather than standing!

LaParka710 repped this.
  6. AValdevez

AValdevez Member

Porto
    Portugal
    Dec 6, 2023
    Has anyone received their Portugal+ fan tickets yet? I received the ines I bought in the resale but still don't have my Portugal fan club tickets

7. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I'm more worried by a 2 metre German skinhead nicking my seat!

8. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    Did they confirm when the portal will reopen?

9. nk77

nk77 Member

Australia
    Nov 14, 2023
    I sold my tickets to the France vs Austria game because I can't go anymore. What are the realistic chances UEFA finds out because I swear they warn about cancelling tickets in every country at every event but never do?

Plus, what else am I meant to do. I can't go to a game anymore cause I arrive later than I initially expected and those tickets weren't cheap. I didn't want to transfer tickets without a resale portal or website to avoid getting scammed.

10. Kimbo19051978

Kimbo19051978 Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Zero chance

MatD434 repped this.
  11. Testopener22

Testopener22 Member

Arsenal
    Jun 19, 2022
    Australia
    This is typical rhetoric from all major tournament organisers, to warn fans against purchasing from the secondary market etc.

There is no law against on-selling tickets at face value to 'guests'. In fact the ticketing terms and conditions specifically allow for it, so nothing to worry about.

Straight_drive2, LaParka710 and Gazza66 repped this.
  12. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

Köln
    England
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC
    The lack of resale portal is truly a bizarre one.
    I much preferred the 16-hours a day refreshing than this? This plays into the hands of touts in a significant way!

14. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Still trying to understand who is winning here? For who and why is it good that there is no resale portal?

15. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We want the resale portal open.

16. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

Köln
    England
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC
    For UEFA, what benefit do they have from not having it open? Monetary wise, can it really be any more expensive?

You've got a situation where you're going to have a log jam if they allow any last minute selling back, which directly benefits those going regardless as opposed to those who are only going if they get set games; this would leave this type of person now less than 3 weeks to organise flights and accommodation.

The other issue is people who can no longer use tickets can no longer resell on portal so they'll go to a secondary ticket site, so even if they sell face value, the buyer is paying the vendors extortionately high add on.

17. MatD434

MatD434 Member

Arsenal
    England
    Dec 11, 2023
    My only thinking is that UEFA don't want a system where bots can hoover up tickets for touts. They've done a lot (in their estimation, i'm presuming), to try and combat this. Very limited re-sale windows - which were announced with relatively little warning, tickets not arriving until late, limiting the amount of tickets you can buy per window etc.

I guess in their mind they think they've done a good job at not allowing a 24/7 portal to be full of bots hoovering up tickets, which in fairness...that is almost certainly what would happen and if the portal was open we'd all be out here trying to refresh quicker than the bots.

However, I'd much rather put the work in to beat the bots than to go to a tout and get sold a ticket for 400% face value from a dodgy resale website, which slowly is starting to look inevitable..

LaParka710 and BarneyG repped this.
  18. ahalftimereport

May 15, 2015
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    No resale portal yet, but UEFA just emailed to let us know the new €5,600 Euro 2024 watch has gone on sale. Every cloud...

19. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    The thing is with the fan tickets - people teams like England you have to have a load of 'caps' to have a good chance of tickets.
    I am not a travel club member but know a few people who are and they go to a lot of matches OR make sure the tickets go to a good home at face value.
    It is what we do.
    The England email is a 'you have been warned' email.

I doubt the Scotland tickets will shift any differently. I am lucky to have a load of tickets for the second match and have not seen one passed to a non-Scotland fan. You cant find them - and that is good.

Proper fansshould get the tickets. Not interested in bots or touts.

20. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Your only risk here is if the person misbehaves. I would not lose any sleep. These things happen. There is always someone who cant go for whatever reason.

21. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    I bought a ticket for the Spain/Italy semi final in 2021 on resale (very very late)
    Can anyone remember doing the same in 2016?
    I just wonder if my assumption that we will get a resale phase is sound or just wishful thinking.

22. Guerino

Guerino Member

Inter
    Italy
    May 24, 2021
    I have just received my fans first tickets for Italy matches.

LaParka710 repped this.
  23. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

Köln
    England
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC
    The FA have confirmed that England tickets to be distrubuted before end of the week

Gazza66 repped this.
  24. BasSoccer

BasSoccer Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In 2016 I bought directly from UEFA on May 13th a ticket for the Final as well as a ticket for a group match which I did not manage before. If I remember correctly this was official UEFA resale phase at that time...