UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Berks123

Berks123 Member

Galatasaray
    Turkey
    Jan 25, 2024
    Me too. This is the response I received 5 mins ago:

Unfortunately, for now we do not have any additional information beyond what we have communicated before.

• The official Ticket Resale Platform will be available in March 2024, during a specific window. The exact dates are not known yet.
    • The detailed instructions and rules on how to put tickets on resale will be communicated in due time.
    • UEFA does not guarantee that tickets offered for resale will be purchased by other fans, as this is subject to demand.

LaParka710 repped this.
  2. Krish Patel

Krish Patel Member

Al Nassr
    Portugal
    Nov 17, 2023
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just found out that no one will be able to transfer their tickets until May 2024.

3. Lee Hargreaves

Birmingham City
    England
    Feb 22, 2024
    Yes same email

4. Grecian123

Grecian123 Member

Exeter City
    England
    Aug 4, 2019
    That has always been the case - UEFA communicated as much right at the beginning. It was exactly the same for Euro 2020. This is why people have been saying that buying tickets on re-sale sites now, or elsewhere, is foolish/risky. For the vast majority of games I would be very surprised if there weren't many opportunities to get tickets at all categories once the portal opens. As discussed before the challenge is that you have to be quick and it does involve a significant investment in time. Before the portal opens people holding tickets will likely get an email giving them the opportunity to pre-list them for sale I imagine so I don't think it is likely to just randomly appear one day with no notice - people just need to do their best to be patient at this point!

5. Krish Patel

Krish Patel Member

Al Nassr
    Portugal
    Nov 17, 2023
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah I just need a Turkey vs Portugal ticket as I already paid someone for the Portugal vs Czech Republic ticket. Hope I can find a way to get a hand on a ticket :)

AlistairSinc repped this.
  6. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If they do as they say, then it's good. They sometimes give a date like January 30 and open the portal 4-5 days before the given date. Why do they do it? People who live by schedule will certainly miss everything. That's the biggest problem according to me.

LaParka710 repped this.
  7. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    They don't normally (have they ever?) give incorrect dates for portal openings etc.

They do like to over deliver. EG promised results by January 30th and send the results earlier than that.

I'm sure we will get plenty of notice of the portal opening.

LaParka710 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  8. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's the same date I'm talking about. Then the payment dates come early too. Can't really plan out things before hand if we're traveling for work, can't check if we're busy working, can we?

9. MatD434

MatD434 Member

Arsenal
    England
    Dec 11, 2023
    To be honest mate, this is just how the world works now. Gig tickets go on sale at 10am on weekdays, the IMAX just randomly dropped their DUNE 2 tickets at midnight on a Monday. Welcome to the modern day digital era.

Razvan, LaParka710 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  10. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I agree. Other people in our lives won't understand the need for Euro tickets and how high it's placed in the priority list. I'll take leave at work in case tickets drop early. I'm heavily invested!

11. Harry Kane's on my mind

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 7, 2023
    #3311 Harry Kane's on my mind, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    I totally agree, as the discord thing and the ticket struggle grew mainstream.
    I still believe that we in BS can still pull through all of that!

Just wondering why there isnt a Forum for Euro 2024 just like 2020 and 2016 could it be lesser demand? (Definitely NOT!)

12. DynamoTommy

DynamoTommy New Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Anyone know of a Swiss fans message board where I might be able to exchange Euro 2024 tickets?

Thanks

13. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    Yup, that’s the exact same guy I dealt with. Claims he can get sponsor tickets through his work, sent a screenshot that has errors in it so I thought it’s fake. Asked him for ID and he sent a utility bill addressed to George (which also could be photoshopped and isn’t ID in any case). I asked for video call and then he never responded again.

Calvin_mufc and Lee Hargreaves repped this.
  14. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I knew a guy who worked for McDonald's in Chicago. He had those genuine sponsor tickets for Peru Games if Peru qualified. Australia qualified so he was selling at 10-15% higher rate. Some are real!

15. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Not usually real when they're being posted on a shady Facebook group though.

Marcus2116 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  16. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Anyone have a clue yet if "fan club" tickets can either be transfered or given to the resale platform? For example I have 2 tix via the Portugal club for the Czech match but I don't think I will make it. I'd like to transfer both to a friend in Berlin vs having him log in to my account, or would transfer them to someone here / trade if available. worst case resale queue. Haven't seen specifc info about these types of tickets.

17. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In my case, refund last time took 4 months after the tournament ended.

supergringo repped this.
  18. Germanyfan

Germanyfan Member

Germany
    Feb 27, 2020
    I don't know about this time around, but if it is similar to the EURO in 2021, I was able to transfer a fan ticket to a friend of mine ahead of the game. Assuming they will use a similar process and app, it might be the case this time too. Cannot say for sure, but I hope this helps a little bit.

supergringo and AlistairSinc repped this.
  19. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Thanks for this. Were you able to transfer all? Or were you required to keep 1 (I guess this is a general transfer question then)

20. Germanyfan

Germanyfan Member

Germany
    Feb 27, 2020
    I don't know because I kept one anyway, never tried to transfer them all. But each ticket had an option to "keep" or "transfer" in the app, no exceptions. Again, will all depend on it being the same this time around, but I would generally assume you can transfer them.

Anyway for your game Portugal-Czechia – you'll find out probably a month in advance, and that game is in Leipzig which is a hop and a skip from Czechia by car or train, so I am sure people will gladly take it off your hands when the time comes! If I was you I would wait until we have the app and the tickets, and then make your decision based on what's possible.

LaParka710 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  21. Eden82

Eden82 Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Nov 9, 2023
    I hope the ticket portal will be available from the beginning of March rather than the end of March.

22. LawMan81

LawMan81 New Member

Aberdeen F.C
    Scotland
    Jan 14, 2024
    Within the next two weeks, surely?

23. Harry Kane's on my mind

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 7, 2023
    Has anyone got any special offer from the 2nd Lottery or have all the tix been paid for?

AlistairSinc repped this.
  24. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The right question! I don't think anyone shared any such news of getting advantage during second lottery. Did anyone get an advantage offer???

25. _soccerfan9

_soccerfan9 New Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Dec 28, 2023
    If you don't mind, I might be interesting in buying one of your Portugal ticket, if you are willing to sell the ticket later on.

supergringo repped this.