UEFA EURO 2020 - Qualification Thread || Northern Ireland || 8 Oct 2:45 PM EST|| Grbavica

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosanski Bomber, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah, if we qualify it will be a mix of the 2010s Golden Generation (Dzeko, Pjanic, Begovic, Ibisevic, Lulic, Kolasinac) and a mix of the upcoming generation (Demirovic, Gojak, Hasic, Dedic and others).

This would almost certainly be Dzeko’s last tournament because I don’t see us making the 2022 World Cup. But I could see Pjanic playing in the 2024 Euros.

2. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Unless someone from the new generation or some stars from the new generation turn into superstars overnight

3. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Benjamin Tatar, Advan Kadusic, and Samir Zeljkovic (?) are apparently 3 players who will get called up.

4. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    damn, some random dude from Velez. Bajevic just throwing his old club a bone. Sunjic is out due to required quarantine he would have to do coming from China.

5. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah looks like it. Sunjic out (quarantine), Kovacevic (injured), Bicakcic (injured) looks like a serious injury for him after todays game.

6. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Guessing kola, one of the swedes, sanicanin and todorovic in the back

7. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Forgot, zukanovic probably coming back to the squad

8. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Players called up for the match

Golmani: Ibrahim Šehić, Asmir Begović, Jasmin Burić, Kenan Pirić.

Odbrana: Ermin Bičakčić, Siniša Saničanin, Ervin Zukanović, Sead Kolašinac, Eldar Ćivić, Anel Ahmedhodžić, Dennis Hadžikadunić, Branimir Cipetić, Darko Todorović, Advan Kadušić.

Vezni red: Rade Krunić, Stjepan Lončar, Miralem Pjanić, Gojko Cimirot, Amir Hadžiahmetović, Amer Gojak, Dino Hotić, Deni Milošević, Haris Hajradinović, Benjamin Tatar, Miroslav Stevanović, Haris Duljević, Edin Višća.

Napad: Edin Džeko, Armin Hodžić, Elvir Koljić i Smail Prevljak.

New Era and BosanskiRambo repped this.
  9. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If Bicakcic is injured, we would have a young back line then, most likely at that point Sanicanin- one if the swedes would go in. Unless Bajevic calls up another CB but who if Sunjic, Kovacevic and Bicakcic are out. Mujakic, Serbecic, Mihojevic?

10. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    mujakic and serbecic are gonna start for the u21 team, so probably Miheojevic to replace bicakcic. I can see Zukanovic being partnered with Sanicanin for the match.

11. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Wondering if which if the swedes bajevic will rate higher. Think Hadžikadunić get the nod over Ahmedhodžić since Russian league is better. Haven't watched either play before, so not sure how good they are.

12. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Idk how I feel about two left footers playing at the back...

13. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    This squad is okay, I guess. Calling up four goalkeepers seems sort of strange, but I gather Poland have also named the same number of players for this position.

1. Prevljak is a much-needed addition.

2. Turkes should definitely have been called up; Koljic has not convinced me at all.

3. Menalo is vastly superior to Tatar and deserves to log minutes at this level.

4. With Bicakcic out, hopefully a replacement will be named. My favoured candidate: Memisevic.

5. Finally, it's fantastic to see the Swedish pair on the roster.

14. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Duljevic tested positive for covid, 2-week quarantine is going to put him out of contention for this match.

15. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Wonder if we’ll call a replacement for him but maybe Hotić was already it.

How do you you all feel about the expanded list? I definitely don’t mind calling up 30 and including more players in the team even if they don’t get a chance to see the field.

16. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
    What formation does Bajevic play with? Does it play to our strengths?

17. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    Sudžuka repped this.
  18. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Hotic is probably the replacement. He wasn’t included in the original list (or maybe just a mistake). Since we have two games right after I would call additional players, seems like bajevic will use those as test matches.

19. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Seems like a 4-2-3-1, but hodzic is on the wing so it looks like the old 4-4-2. more defense oriented and disciplined though

20. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    #196 Young Zmaj, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Man, idk about you guys but I get more nervous every day as we get closer to the Play-Offs. We’re merely two home wins away vs. countries around our level from qualifying for our first ever Euros.

A big boost was confirmed yesterday as we will be allowed to have 1,800 fans at the game, btw. Give the tix to BHFanaticos :cool:

The line-up is a bit tough to guess considering we’re missing some players via injury and COVID regulations (Bičakčić, Šunjić, Duljević, Ćivić and now Koljić who broke his ankle :cry:). We might have to throw one of two debutant CBs into the fire in a crucial Play-off match which is a big risk. My lineup:

Begović
    Kadušić - Hadžikadunić - Saničanin - Kola
    Pjanić - Krunić
    Gojak
    Višća - Džeko - Hotić

RB is a huge weak spot. We need to hope Dedić and/or Gazibegović become good players lmao. Kadušić is solid enough for now and gets regular playing time.

I chose Hadžikadunić over Ahmedhodžić because he has more experience in first team football (although not by a large amount) so, in theory, he’d be a bit more prepared for a moment like this.

Hotić I had to play out of position because we really have no one else as a alternative there besides Tatar. Tatar is in great form so it’s tough say who should get the nod here. My fear is Bajević will play Hodžić at LW like he did in Nations League.

BosanskiRambo, Sudžuka and Zvornik repped this.
  22. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Is Koljić made of glass? Holy crap, every time he gets going there is some catastrophic injury. He’s never out for like a couple games, it’s always for a long time. I hope he can battle back and get in form, it must be tiresome for him to constantly do that, wish him the best.

Sudžuka repped this.
  23. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    like you said, basically, every time he gets into form, he suffers some horrible knee or now ankle injury. Very unfortunate, he was playing so well and on his way to earning a good transfer.

24. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    this should be an easy win, but we always struggle in these types of situations. I understand the uneasy feeling.

25. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    bojan nastic to replace civic. he should be in good shape since belarus never stopped playing, coronavirus is just western imperialist propaganda.